• November 14, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Dixon Springs Boot Camp  (Read 180155 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Dixon Springs Boot Camp
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »
It should be, but sometimes a request has to be made to remove it.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2008, 01:08:08 PM »
ok thanks for the response but are we allowed to bring them clothes to the graduation for them to change into?  Also what address are we supposed to use to send them money through quick collect while they are in boot camp?  Is there a time frame before we can send them money?
Peace and Blessings

Offline gettingby

« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
randerson1123, I know at DuQuoin, I am able to mail cloths to my son for his release date.  they hold it in his person property until he is released.  As far as sending money, they can't spend more than $3 per week, which is provided by bootcamp.  I have not had to send my son any money.
Don't repay kindness, pass it on.

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2008, 02:55:49 PM »
thank everyone so much you all have really helped understand and get through this ?>?>?> ./.// brv >:) :)
Peace and Blessings

Offline nicemom

« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2008, 07:30:31 PM »
After reading all this, I guess I still have lots to learn. My son is wiating for boot camp.. thankyou all!   I guess I will be asking many questions to those that have been through this. >>

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2008, 07:36:20 PM »
Welcome  nicemom ,
  Just ask anything and we will try to help you...

SMD

Offline loretjord7

• The Lord is our Shepherd.
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2008, 09:02:31 PM »
 %$#@ and feel free to ask, someone will and can answer any questiona you my have.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2008, 10:29:32 PM »
Welcome nicemom,  feel free to ask anything you want here. 

Offline randerson1123

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »
Hello my fellow bootcampers

Thanks again for the replies. kissessss I have one last question though when they go to boot camp what happens to their property? Once they leave from stateville and vienna what happens to the property that they have? Will they hold it at stateville and vienna or will they send it home?
Peace and Blessings

Offline JForce

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2008, 07:41:25 PM »
My son is in Dixon Springs and he was able to send his personal property such as letters and books home via mail.  He had to use funds that he had in his inmate trust account.  I think they will also keep it for you until graduation if you wish.

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2008, 08:11:43 PM »
That is correct, they will keep it for them until they graduate. My son is also in Dixion spring and that is what they did for him.
I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand. Maybe that is my problem.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2008, 10:43:15 AM »
Right, when I picked up my son, he had his personal property in a clear plastic bag.  This included the books, magazines and letters he received in Stateville and Vienna.  When he got home and went through it, everything he had put in there was still there.   

Offline BiG Sis

• His Guardian Angel & Protector
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2008, 12:51:06 AM »
Right, when I picked up my son, he had his personal property in a clear plastic bag.  This included the books, magazines and letters he received in Stateville and Vienna.  When he got home and went through it, everything he had put in there was still there.   

GETTINGBY,

I'm having a real hard time locating my brothers property. I've called everywhere and Pinckneyville was great, but there personal proerty department is a mess. I talked to the officer at DuQuoin in the property dept. and he checked. The only thing that was there was the box I just mailed out with his release things. My brother also had alot of books. Everytime I call Vienna that dept. is closed and Stateville is awful. Maybe his stuff will just appear. I'm gonna try tomorrow again.
May God give each one of us the strength to live through this, each minute of each day. May this storm of life bring a beautiful rainbow at the end of it.

Offline gettingby

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »
BigSis,

I hope they find it.  When I picked up my son, all his stuff was in a clear plastic bag.  All his property moved with him from stateville to Vienna to Pinckneyville (they were there for 1 day while they processed the bootcampers) to Du Quoin.  All he had was his letters and books. 

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2008, 06:07:46 AM »
BigSis
Hopefully it will show up

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
  • God answers all prayers.......Right on time
« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:56 PM »
does anyone know if any inmates started bootcamp today?
Love, Light, Peace and Blessings

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2008, 06:22:43 AM »
If you have not already done so you can registar with VINE. they will let you know when your love one has been moved. You can also call Springfield and talk to Paul. That number is posted on the forum. But if I can remember correctly they usually do their moving on Mondays and Wensday. Hope that this information helps.

Offline iluvant

• Always travel in light
  • God answers all prayers.......Right on time
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2008, 05:46:10 PM »
Yes that helps but he was supposed to call me if he didnt get transferred but I didnt get a call. They are not on lockdown and its not like him NOT to call when he says he is. I checked again today and it still say he is in vienna. I have signed up for VINE but they did not notify me until the next day and I still havent received a call today and nothing has changed on IDOC im really worried.
Love, Light, Peace and Blessings

Offline JForce

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2008, 05:57:59 PM »
My son went to bootcamp on a Monday and VINE did not notify me at all because he was already in Vienna and Dixon Springs' parent institution is Vienna.  Also it seems to me that for the boys that went to DuQuoin it took VINE a few days to notify people.  I'm sure all is well, just keep thinking positive!

Offline loretjord7

« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2008, 07:00:27 AM »
My son wrote is girlfriend and told her the phones were down due to bad weather. But as of now they are back up. I did not get a call from my son in two weeks because of this. So I am hoping to hear from him this weekend if the phones stay up am running. So do not worry.