Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2014, 04:18:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MENARD Correctional Center  (Read 90577 times)
Lilbilla

« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2008, 12:46:54 PM »

I was recently released from Menard and I did a few months at the MSU when I got closer to release so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
shorty24

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2008, 01:24:26 AM »

I get confused is MSU Max or MED. wc36 wc36 wc36

When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)
raki2008

« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2008, 11:10:03 AM »

My guy is in Menard MSU and so far I have visited three times. The visits have been ok, not the greatest but they were ok. That 6 hour drive is just plain awful. There are about 8 tables in the visiting room. The officers were pretty nice to deal with. My visits usually lasted about 4 hours. As far as other things. When I send him any mail it takes at least 2-3 weeks to get to him. I usually leave magazines and books at the front when I visit, but he said they only give the inmates the books left at the front desk from visits on Wednesdays. So if you visit on a Friday he will not get those books until wednesday. He said they are very strict about having your shirt tucked in, he almost got a ticket because his shirt was half way tucked in when he walked out of his cell. When the max Menard goes on LOCKDOWN, the guys in the msu usually have to go down there and work in their kitchen and pass out their trays. Any other questions, let me know. He keeps me updated every single day.

The PAST is history, The FUTURE is a mystery, TODAY is the present so consider it a GIFT
shorty24

« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »

wc25 wc25 wc25 wc25 wc25 Ok with them being on lockdown do any1 know if its the Max thats on lockdown or the 1 thats on the Hill  wc38 wc38 wc38 2 those that respond

When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)
raki2008

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2008, 03:40:56 PM »

Hi Shorty24:
Its the MAX thats on lock down. My guy is in the medium "up the hill" and he said they have been waking them up at 4am to go down there and work in the max menard kitchen while they are on lockdown.

The PAST is history, The FUTURE is a mystery, TODAY is the present so consider it a GIFT
RT

« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

Is Menard MSU (medium security) the same as Menard Special Unit?

Rick

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis
shorty24

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2008, 07:26:54 PM »

And  wc38 wc38 2 for the info but that sux cuz I was going 2 go down this weekend but they had 2 go on lockdown that sux  wc23  wc25 wc25  wc32 wc32 wc32 wc32

Lilbilla

« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2008, 10:53:25 PM »

Is Menard MSU (medium security) the same as Menard Special Unit?

Rick

Yeah Menard Special Unit and Medium Security Unit or the same thing the MSU BKA "The Hill"
RT

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2008, 11:16:43 PM »

Lilbilla,
Thanks man.

Rick

"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis
klisa1313

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »

Hello. I see no one has posted on this in a bit. I found out today that my husband is in Menard Medium Security. How long are thevisits? Do I have to wait to go see him or can I go up this weekend? I will call and ask a counselor today but I am jsut impatient. Should I send his money Western Union tonight? Or should I send it tomorrow? Will it make a difference? When do they go to the store? Can they even go when they first get there? When is he going to be able to call me? Do I need to call Consolidated and tell them his new location or can i receive a call with them still thinking that he is at Stateville? I am sorry for all the questions. I really hope someone can help me with some answers. Thanks.

Sister

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »

I do not know the answers to some of your questions, Klisa, but concerning the phone service.....in my experience your inmate should be able to call you now from any prison in Illinois since you were already receiving calls from him at Stateville.    

I would also say that you could send the money Western Union at any time.

If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself.  You are not that important. Galations 6:2
klisa1313

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2009, 10:56:53 PM »

Thanks :) I called today and got all my questions answered....other than that one. You are terrific! Thanks!

devotedmother

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2009, 11:03:33 PM »

Is there anyone that can tell me about the Special Unit at Menard?  It seems to me that I was told a long time ago that is where the inmates are housed if they are on any type of medication.  Just something I heard once.  I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find the answer.  Thanks to anyone who can tell me.   wc38
Jims

Throw Away the Key

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »

They no longer have a psychiatric unit at Menard. It used to house the state's criminal psychiatric unit, but now that is at Dwight. For reasons unknown to me, they refer to the medium security up the hill from the max joint as the Menard Special Unit. But I do know that inmates assigned there are not on medication. 

What's done to children, they will do to society.  ~Karl Menninger
superb86

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2009, 02:02:52 PM »

I think you mean Dixon, not Dwight.
devotedmother

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2009, 05:14:37 PM »

Thank you Jims and superb86.  From what you have said, I assume the Special Unit is what my L/O has referred to as "The Hill."  I hope it is a place where he can get outside everyday to lift weights and exercise.  He has been in Menard before, but just for R&C, leaving within 30 days to another institution.  Looks like this time he will stay there, which is close to home so I am not complaining.     
tina

Keith's Angel Eyez

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »

Does anyone know, at Menard, is there a Death Row and if so, do the Death Row inmates get contact visits or are all visits now non contact , also I have heard that once a Death Row inmate arrives, they are not allowed a T.V. for 4 years, does anyone know if that is true ? thanks.

irish45mj

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2009, 10:28:54 PM »

Death Row is at Pontiac.  I believe that's the only prison, but I'm not positive.  I'm sure someone will correct me, if I'm wrong.
Schmaltzy

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »

Before Governor Ryan commuted all the Illinois inmates, Menard did have a "Condemned Unit" or "Death Row".  I know that for a fact because my husband was among those who were on "Death Row". I believe that Pontiac is the only prison that does have a Death Row Unit.

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine........
MissAndrea

« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2009, 09:52:02 PM »

Hello, all! My man was recently transferred to Menard on Dec. 10th.  I was wondering if all the rules and regs. are still the same as they were when this thread began. Is there anything new I need to know? I also have a few questions.

I have an idea on what not to wear, but what about shoes? Are heels allowed?
How often are inmates allowed to call?
I read that inmates are allowed 5 visits per month. Is there a limit on how many weekend visits are allowed?
As far as the 50 cents for the lockers, the money is non-refundable?
Are lockdowns a common occurance?
Also, how long does it take for the phone and visiting list to be approved?

I'm sorry that I'm asking so many questions. I just want to be as informed as I can. I have yet to hear from my man, so I'm just trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks.

~damnant quod non intellegunt~ They condemn what they do not understand.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
Print
Jump to: