• September 21, 2018, 03:12:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: STATEVILLE MINIMUM Security Unit  (Read 8079 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
STATEVILLE MINIMUM Security Unit
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »

Stateville Minimum Security Unit

Michael Magana, Warden  
Facility Data

Stateville Minimum Security Unit
Opened: October 2003
Minimum Security Adult Male
**Population: 162

**As of 7/1/13

Stateville Correctional Center is the parent institution for Stateville Minimum Security Unit.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

Minimum security visits are 8:00-2:00pm (weekends and holidays)

Visitors must arrive by 12:45pm.

All visits are limited two hours on weekends and one hour on holidays.
Facility Address

Business Mail:
16830 So. Broadway Street
P.O. Box 112
Joliet, IL 60434

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
P.O. Box 112
Joliet, IL 60434

Phone: (815) 727-3607
Fax: (815) 727-5511
Facility Information

Stateville Correctional Center's mission is to encourage and promote a climate of safe and secure conditions in which offenders and staff can develop positive attitudes and encourage work and program opportunities and experiences that guide offenders toward reintegration into the community.  The Stateville Minimum Security Unit (MSU) is located within the Northern Reception and Classification Center, and can house up to 384 offenders in two units.
Stateville Minimum Security Unit consist of a multi-purpose building for recreational and educational programs, offender dining room, and two housing units that can house up to 384 offenders.  Offenders assigned to MSU perform various work assignments throughout the Northern Reception Center, Stateville Proper and MSU.

Inmate Programs

Academic:

ABE (Adult Basic Education)
    GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:

Barbering
    Volunteer Services:
    Chaplaincy
    Counseling
    Choir
    Religious Bible Studies

Other:

Community Work Crews
    Library
    Life Style Redirection
    Like Skills
    Smart Group
    Re-entry Summits
    Anger Management

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline cdanita87

• ManeLady
Re: STATEVILLE MINIMUM Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
So my hubby finally made it to Stateville Farm from Vienna, he was approved for work release Tue. He told me that I can visit him on the weekends and also said someone told him that you can bring food to visits...Im not sure how true this is, Im actually not convinced. I thought it would work the same as the visits in Vienna where you have to put money on a card and buy from the vending machines. Has anyone else visited their LO at Stateville Farm, if so, how was the system for food?

***Also I still have a card for the Vienna Correctional Center vending machines with like $13 on there. I don't think I would be able to get a refund, so if anyone is interested in having it, you're welcomed to it(free of charge of course lbs) just send me a message.
We are one day closer than we were yesterday....this too shall pass!

Offline jen123

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
I plan to visit my L/O this weekend i just want to know if anyone who has taken the drive here now many toll ways and im planning on using my gps from my phone will i loose signal on my way? I just need really help

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 03:45:59 PM »
It would probably depend on where you are driving there from. 

Offline jen123

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
Ill be driving from chicago im taking the express way i355s it has this route has tolls and the route has restricted usage or provate roads im nit sure if that means i will lose signal there thats my only fear :(

Offline Tex999

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 07:58:05 PM »
I 355 has tolls but after that there are none

Offline jen123

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Yes tolls im aware jus checking to see if anyone knows if you lose signal using gps on the way there

Offline onetruelovemike

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »
If your coming from the city of Chicago you don't have to take I355. You can take I55 and get off on IL 53 and follow that all the way to the prison. No you will not lose GPS. It's a straight shot down 53 to Division street and prison will be on right hand side.

Offline jen123

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:21:32 PM »
Thank you! I plan to go sometimes this week or weekend :) another question i know i cant tKe my phone but my car keys has alot of other keys and a keychain of hand sanitizer do i need to remove that also is id and drivers license ok? Do i need a locker ?

Offline nhealey

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 09:53:56 PM »
Does anyone know where Magana has been working now that he is not warden any longer?