Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

DANVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
SHAWNEE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
DIXON ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
ILLINOIS RIVER ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.
STATEVILLE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 01:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRAHAM Correctional Center  (Read 52475 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:55:57 AM »

Post information here please.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:03:07 AM »

Graham Correctional Center  

Billie J. Michael, Warden  

Facility Data
Graham Correctional Center
Opened: September 1980
*Operational Capacity: 2,010
Medium Security Adult Male
*Population Graham Correctional Center: 1,522
*Population Graham Reception & Classification Center: 236
*Total Current Population: 1,758
Average Age: 33
FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $19,240.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.

Graham Correctional Center is the parent institution for Graham Reception and Classification Center.

Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information—please review before visiting

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of
 date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa,
 documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student
 certification.

General Population:
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.  Visitors must arrive no later than 3:30p.m. in order to visit.

No visits are allowed for phase I Orientation inmates

Segregation and Offenders with Non-Contact Visit Restrictions:
 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. No weekends or holidays.  Visitors must arrive no later than 1:00p.m. in order to visit.

Offenders in C-Grade Classification
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. No weekends or holidays. Visitors must arrive
 by 3:30 p.m. in order to visit.

Please note, should overcrowding occur, time limits will be established so all visits may be accommodated.

Facility Address

Physical Address:
 12078 Illinois Route 185
 Hillsboro, IL 62049

Business Mail:
P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, IL 62049

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 P.O. Box 499
Hillsboro, IL 62049

Phone: (217) 532-6962
 Fax: (217) 532-6799

Facility Information

Graham Correctional Center houses several special populations, including substance abuse treatment, sex offender treatment and inmates in a kidney dialysis program. Graham continues to offer numerous academic and vocational programs.

Graham Correctional Center is a medium security adult male correctional facility located two miles southeast of Hillsboro on Route 185. Graham is located on 117 acres and has 50 buildings within the facility.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Construction Occupation
•Auto Body
•Auto Mechanics
•Custodial Maintenance
•Computer Technology
•Business Management
•Cooperative Work Training Program
•Print Management
•Job Preparation

Industries:
•Furniture Making

Volunteer Services:
•Religious Services

Other:
•Orientation
•Title 1
•Special Education
•TRAC I and II
•Parole School I and II
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Life Skills
•Substance Abuse
•Leisure Time Activity
•Library
•Sex Offender Program
•Chaplaincy
•Alcoholics Anonymous
•Narcotics Anonymous

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/grahamcorrectionalcenter.aspx
still

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 08:34:44 PM »

Hi everyone,

Just wondering in anyone knows if Graham is having any phone issues.  He always calls when he tells me he is going to, and this week I am not hearing from him.  I have already checked with Consolidated just to make sure that my account is in good standing and it is.

Thanks for any input.

"To love someone deeply gives you strength, to be deeply loved in return gives you courage"
Redd

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:35:38 PM »

re: Phones at Graham

I spoke to my son a couple times this week.  However Graham is notorious for poor phone service.  One night I couldnt hear a thing (he sounded like he was 3 rooms away) Another night it just died in the middle of our conversation.   I also heard there are not very many calls and cut off is earlier than some other facilities.  I think he had until 8:30 and that was assuming he could get access to the phone.  Not sure if that helps but it may ease your thoughts a bit.
klo

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:01:56 PM »

Anyone getting calls from Graham? J said in his last letter...that was dated 3 weeks before I got it...that the two phones on his wing are dead and they are told it could be months before they are fixed.  I guess that means consolidated won't be getting any more of my money.  They have to be losing money by not fixing the phones...wouldn't you think?
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 10:18:39 PM »

Hi Klo
I wished I had seen this earlier....I would have responded.

My son was transferred to the regular wing a few months ago (he was in the drug program).  The phones were horrible - within two minutes, static...so he made very little phone calls back then, and we continued with the intense letter writing (we, as in him and I).  The phones were since fixed, so he began to make more phone calls - has this been the case for you?

mamacita

He is back in the drug program - happy little clam, as he got the bottom bunk (cell mate got sent to seg), new cell mate is CLEAN and he is back with his support buddies. 

We are going to visit him next week - spring does go forward....as will we!

klo

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 07:39:22 PM »

The phones were fixed and I talked to him once.  He's been calling his mom and sister mostly because they are all trying to work out housing.  It's complicated, I'll PM you about it all.  Last I talked to him he was taking some sort of computer class and had a new guy with him.  He has not told me much about the place other than that he likes the movement and getting to go to the library.
newby725

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »

I am going to visit my son tomorrow at Grahm. Does anyone have any advice oh what I can bring him such as magazines or books. Or what I should expect. I am so excited to see him!
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »

I am going to visit my son tomorrow at Grahm. Does anyone have any advice oh what I can bring him such as magazines or books. Or what I should expect. I am so excited to see him!

You can normally take in 5 books/magazines when you visit. Be sure nothing has anything to do with weapons in them. I took my son a fishing catalog in once and they rejected it, because there was a small section of knives in it and so I tore out those pages and resent it and he got it ...

Have a great visit !!

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Coxy girl

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

I was checking the DOC website and noticed that my man was changed from R & C at Graham to "IN CUSTODY", which I am pretty sure this is good news for him and me!  Am I able to go see him tomorrow if he is no longer in Receiving?  If I am unsure is it okay to call first and find out?  What hours can I call and what area do I ask for to get the correct answer.  If that doesn't work what number do I call to get the answer I want?  just kidding.  I guess I did not get the VINE notification because he stayed at Graham, would that be true?
Thanks for any help.  It has been 32 days since I have heard his voice, I can't wait.  I hope I get to see him tomorrow.
Still love my son

David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 01:02:07 AM »

wc12

Hey welcome
Sounds like he is going to be staying in Graham, you wont be able to visit until his visit list is approved.  Usually takes a couple of weeks.....the norm is different everywhere but that is average.
If he went to general population I bet you will get a phone call  soon. Maybe in a week or two as well.  Make sure and go to our Consolidated thread so you can be set up to take his phone calls.
I am sure you will be hearing from him soon, just a bit longer to continue being patient then you will be able to hear from him and visits often.
 wc28
sexinauti

My HUBBY

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »

Does anyone, besides me have a loved one in Graham? It really don't seem like a lot of people have family in that facility, trying to see if I'm the only one. If so where do you live, I live in Chicago, the south side.

GABE, you are the LOVE of my LIFE!
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 06:17:17 PM »

go to:  http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,62.0.html

Coxy girl

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »

My man is @ Graham since July 23, 2009, 61 days.He is hoping for work release, unless of course there is early release.   I live near Springfield, IL and lucky for me that is only about 45 minutes to drive to see him.  If there is ever anything I can do to help let me know.  I agree I hardly ever see much said about Graham.  However my guy just called real quick before they were going to go to lockdown to search for a missing inside door knob to the mop closet.  I sure hope they find it because I am planning to visit him tomorrow.  Do they still allow visits under those circumstances?  When are you making your next trip south?  Take care.
Coxy Girl
sexinauti

My HUBBY

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 09:29:31 PM »

well, my hubby been there since jan of 2009 and he won't be getting out till next year, in oct of 2010 hopefully. I am currently living in chicago and that's about 4 hrs from where he is located. I haven't seen him since he went to prison b/c he is so far and I have no car and no one will take me to visit. I just recently learned that they have public transportation that will take you to visit. So I'm hoping to go visit next month when I have the money to go. I'm thinking bout moving to springfield in Aug, so he can parole there when he get out. So how is it where you live and what type of places can I get some info about housing and apt? Glad that we met and hopefully will meet again in person one day. I don't understand why they don't have a lot of ppl that go to graham, it is very few who even go to there, so that make it a little harder.

wc38

GABE, you are the LOVE of my LIFE!
Coxy girl

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 07:49:20 PM »

My LO was pretty disappointed to find out today that the funding for the CWT program has been cut at Graham.  He is trying to figure out the next best way to earn good time... any suggestions?  He is not court mandated to enter the drug program but would that be an option anyway? 
Thank you!
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 08:50:11 PM »

Graham has several programs he can avail himself of, including GED, college courses, and other trade-related courses in addition to the drug program where he can earn good time (if qualified).  He should speak to his counselor about what he is eligible for, sign up on the waiting list, and wait to be called.

Coxy girl

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 09:11:09 PM »

Just makes you wonder which other programs will be unavailable with the cuts?  He does not qualify for GED and he has less than a 1 year sentence to complete after receiving the overcrowding good time.  With less than a year, is it still possible to get into a college course?  Do you know when those begin and how many days/months they last?  thanks so much.
mamacita1
Support Staff

Hope Springs Eternal

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 09:38:49 PM »

College classes are based on semesters....they are still available for those who qualify (entrance exams), but they must go on a waiting list.  I am assuming that they begin/end like in normal college campuses, as they are accredited courses.

I don't know the politics of short-timers and how soon they can access these opportunities - he's in the inside, and I am sure many are advising him - what does he tell you?

Mommato3lilLadies

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »

My LO is waiting in county to go to Graham. He should be there within a few weeks tops. Yeah I think it's strange not many people on here have loved ones there. A lot of guys from the county jail here in Springfield go there. I've known quite a few personally that did their time there. Did you ever move to Springfield? Compared to Chicago, it sucks. But it depends on where in Chicago you are at. Springfield's a lot smaller and it's pretty boring here. There isn't much to do at all. There are a lot of different apartment complexes and houses for rent here and most of them are pretty cheap. If you're still looking into moving here I would tell you to start looking in the newspaper, you can look online at www.sj-r.com then go to the classifieds and houses or apt's for rent. It also includes rentals around the vicinity. Also try apartmentfinder.com, that lists the biggest apartment complexes here in town. You will probably have to put in a zip code. Try 62704, 62703, 62702. Hope this helps some! Has your hubby heard of any of the inmates being released early?? Do you know what they're doing with the new guys coming in with short sentences?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: