Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

VANDALIA ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.   
BIG MUDDY ON LOCKDOWN.CALL BEFORE VISITING.
CENTRALIA ON LOCKDOWN.CALL BEFORE VISITING 
GRAHAM ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 
EAST MOLINE ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 22, 2014, 08:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBINSON Correctional Center  (Read 37954 times)
shorty24

« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

where r u visiting 1st off

When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 06:24:02 AM »

IloveMAX, the best thing to do is call Robinson and ask them.      (618) 546-5659

I've seen women turned away in some that I thought would be OK.  Each facility is different sometimes on what they allow.  You can always take an extra pair of something in the car too.

Have a wonderful visit and be safe!

Mah

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Favored23

Thank you Lord!

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »

At Dixon Correctional as long as the shorts are right on or passed your knees they let you in.  But like Mah said you should call, because they might have different rules.  Have a great time!

Psalm 146:7 (NIV)

7 He upholds the cause of the oppressed
       and gives food to the hungry.
       The LORD sets prisoners free!!
Serb735

Always, Forever & Unconditionally

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »

Well, its been quite some time since I have posted. Its been a long hard road, but my L/O is finally at his parent institution, Robinson CC. I know nothing about it, except he says its like a summer camp. I, myself just got released from Dixon Springs IIP. So the distance has been unbearable, but now things have settled down and I was wondering if anyone had information about visits...as far as someone being on parole or being an ex-offender and going to visit an incarcerated inmate? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its hard enough having been away for this long, I am dying to see him... =/

And I sure did miss IPT!! <3 Glad to be back!!!

camprn

Never more than a thought away

« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 08:05:00 AM »

My LO just got to Robinson last week. Anyone on here currently have someone at Robinson that can share updated info about Robinson??? wc30

camprn

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »

stp2  My LO made his first phone call home today!!!!! He has been at Robinson for one week now...looking forward to our first visit soon!!!! wc7

Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2010, 01:56:02 PM »

Robinson is a great prison and you'll have a very pleasant visiting experience, I'm sure.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
camprn

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2010, 03:01:37 PM »

Thanks Dazzler.....we aren't looking forward to the long drive but so happy he got placed in Robinson.
Any do's and don'ts tips for visiting???

mswondering

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2010, 08:12:04 PM »

It's pretty cool at robinson correctional my baby says he likes it because it's like more freedom then where he was a before but for  as been on parlor you hav eto go through the warden for that and that's goign to be hard becuase they usually don't let   ex offend visit just like if you want to get married you wouldn be able to if youneed more infor just hit me up
samsgirl1

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2010, 10:40:39 PM »

Does anyone have any information on Robinson.  My L/O was transferred there today.  I am wondering who there phone carrier is and how I go about fixing it up so he can call.
samsgirl1

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2010, 10:50:13 PM »

stp2  My LO made his first phone call home today!!!!! He has been at Robinson for one week now...looking forward to our first visit soon!!!! wc7

Could you please let me know how you got your phone service going and with what company.  My L/O was transferred to Robinson today.  Thanks
me
Support Staff

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »

All IDOC facilites use Consolidated.  1-800-235-4416.  You call them to set up your service to accept calls. 
 wc1

\\\"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.\\\"   1Corinthians 13:7
jbell20

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:19 PM »

consolidated communications is the phone service that you need to receive calls. Robinson is a pretty decent place I visit at least once a month. The visits are four hours long , I've never had a problem with the Co's at robinson they are actually very pleasant. My friend that is there Say's it's okay he hasn't had any problems.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 07:04:20 AM »

The phone carrier for ALL of IDOC is Consolidated and you can find information on them here:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 09:04:41 AM »

I posted extensively about Robinson when my inmate was there.  Things haven't changed all that much.  You might try reading my post for Robinson under Individual Prison Profiles.  There is also a thread called Which Prison is Best?  And there's information about Robinson in there too.  We have a button at the top of the forum that says "Search"....try putting Robinson in that box and see how many topics there are.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
samsgirl1

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2010, 08:26:56 PM »

My L/O was transferred to Robinson a few weeks ago.  After I was approved for the telephone calls I was able to sit up the calls through Consolidated.  It took a few days because by the time he tried to call me to let me know  I  was approved on his call list it was on a Friday and I was not able to get it set up until Monday morning.  Received  a call that evening.  I had not heard his voice in almost three months.  They also quickly got me approved for visits.  I was surprised how quickly this was done and I appreciate it very much.  I have now been able to visit him twice.  I am only two hours away.  It was good to see him and we had a very nice visit.  My visiting experience was great.  I could not have asked for more consideration and kindness from the correctional officers.   They were all so kind that I almost forgot that I was in a correctional facility.  Just wanted to let everyone know how my first two visits went and that I did have a great visiting experience.
jbell20

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2010, 11:57:39 PM »

samsgirl1, I'm glad your visits went well, Robinson is a pretty decent place, two hours is not too bad of a drive.
Slarange

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »

Hi, all I just got back from a 2 day trip to Robinson to see my L/O, we had a good time it was so nice to see him again laughing & joking about the past and talking about our future together. The boys loved seeing him again we all miss him so much. I can't go back to see him until he comes home I really hope these last 5 months go by so fast we can't wait for him to be home with us again. Well I just wanted to tell everyone that we had a great trip.
nun_as_precious

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »

ghostpump
Hello. Like in the other section my bf got transferred to Robinson on Wednesday. I was able to talk to him today. Yeah  wc30
Do you guys know how many magazines I can bring to a visit?

Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2010, 03:49:46 AM »

The usual allowance is somewhere between 3 and 5. You can call to get the specific amount.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: