Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 15, 2014, 11:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PINCKNEYVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 60582 times)
LovinDB

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »

Well hope u have a great visit today :) I will b there next week sooo excited.. Thanks for ur help once again boop u are my hero :)

boop

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »

What day are you going...maybe we eill see each other, pm me
jnc2010

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2010, 09:36:09 PM »

P-ville had a water main break today during my visit!!  So glad I had got there early and wasnt really effected by it.  They ended visitation early, so I dont know if Monday's visitation will be canceled or not!   wc5  I hope not.  Its my boyfriends birthday tomorrow and really want to spend the day with him.  If I was you, I'd call first before making the drive to make sure.  Just thought I'd let everyone know!!
Eileen33us

« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »

Thanks for the info. That's where I go to see my guy. I will call for sure before I go

hopefulmom

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:47 AM »

On July 27, 2010, four representatives of the John Howard Association conducted a monitoring tour of Pinckneyville Correctional Center.  The JHA found significant problems in................

I stumbled over this on the internet.  The path is -  http://thejha.org/Pinckneyville0810 however you'll have to type it into the address bar yourself.  For some reason I can't pick up the link.  Once into the site there is a report PDF of the observations and recommendations made by JHA.  If you have a loved one incarcerated in Pinckneyville you might want to read it.
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »

So that everyone can read this, I have uploaded the PDF file to our sever, just click on the words below:

Pinckneyville Correctional Center Tour PDF

Monitoring Tour of Pinckneyville Correctional Center July 27, 2010

Summary: A prison with problems, looking for solutions.

On July 27, 2010, four representatives of the John Howard Association conducted a monitoring tour of Pinckneyville Correctional Center. Pinckneyville is a medium security prison with more than 2,200 male inmates.

The JHA representatives found significant problems in medical staffing, kitchen sanitation, library services, educational programs and inmate housing. In general, prison management appears to be attempting to address the problems.

Some of the problems noted in this report can be resolved by Pinckneyville management. Others may require intervention by senior management of the Illinois Department of Corrections. A problem nearly universal in Illinois prisons – too many inmates in too little space – can be resolved only at the highest levels of state government.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
boop

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »

That's what was going on that day, I wondered what was up as no visits were allowed. I pray that they get everything straightened out at that place.
hopefulmom

« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

Actually the tour was the end July.  The other day was a water main break and visiting was cancelled.
boop

« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »

That is the day that I am referring to in July...thanks
mauricelover

« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »

can somebdy plzzzzzzz tell me wen a bus serivce is going 2 pinckeyville before the month is up kind new 2 this thanx!!!!!!!!!
boop

« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Not sure about bus service...you can pm me....I go weekly you are welcome to ride along...send a message with what are you live in and I'll see if we can share a ride..
boop

« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »

Here is a link to information that Dazzler posted about bus service....hop it helps

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.com/index.php/topic,21147.msg162673.html#msg162673
BertKay

« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2010, 09:47:49 AM »

iam 21 years old my boyfriend was recently transferred to pville and this is his and my first bid. We have 2 toddlers and of course i live in peoria so its 4 hours away from me. I have no clue abut anything besides what i have read on here(which has been VERY helpful!). Any advise i can get would be extremely helpful. Especially with visits. And how long until he can call me? He was transferred on the 23rd i still havnt recieved a phone call. I set up consolidated already so im just waiting patiently by the phone jumping out of my skin every time my cell rings. so PLEASE someone help me i couldnt feel more alone at this time in my life.
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »

It can take up to a month before his visitor and phone lists are approved.
Puzzled

« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »

Mine isn't at that facility .... But there are folks who do and are and willing to help.  This is a great place for resource and support info.  Hang in there - it's that waiting game (the "mean-time") that I think is the roughest on us all.  But your mean time has two toddlers in it and nothing says Christmas spirit better then toddlers.  Keep your camera handy for those pics you can mail and share with your LO. 

wc12 

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.”
boop

« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »

BertKay; It is all a waiting game, they are in no hurry there to do anything, it took me about a month before I could set up the phone because I had to wait for the list to be approved. Not sure what questions you have about visits? They get 4 hour visits, only 2 weekend visits per month and a total of 5 per month. He has to put who he wants to see on a list that will be approved, then you need 2 forms of id every visit. I would encourage you to write him while you wait for a call. God Bless
BertKay

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2010, 12:53:24 PM »

I have decided that im going to drive down there tomorrow to see him. I havnt recieved a call from it yet which worried me because i know he has his pin number and call list approved. i dont know whats going on. so i will be taking my first trip out there solo i want to take my 3 year old but im not sure if the first time i go would be a good time for him to come. he has had his pin number since the 28th ans still no call. im getting anxious. When i visit am i allowed to bring in my purse? or anything? how long will i have to wait from the time i get there til the time i get to actually see him? just trying to get my ducks in a row so i will know approx how long i will be gone.
Marks_guy
Support Staff

« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2010, 02:19:08 PM »

Please make sure his visiting list is approved and that you are on it! I would hate for you to drive all that way and be turned away at the last minute. Most prisons have a set of lockers to keep you purse or coat in, but it is easier to just leave it in the car.
BertKay

« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »

Yeah i called out there and they told me i should wait til he calls. im just impatient and dont understand y he hasnt called me yet and hes had his PIN number and phone list approved. im frustrated. hopefully he calls me tonight we havnt spoke since october 28th so im anxious. he does call and tell me his list is approved im going to try NOT to tell ill be there im going to try to surprise him...probaly wont work i cant keep a surprise for anything.
jdmlt
Mod Squad

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »

my son is at Big Muddy and when I called to see if his visitor list was ok'd they told me yes, so when I got that news I went down the next day to visit him and while visiting my son told me that he didn't know that his list was ok'd...the same thing happened about his pin #. I was informed by the telephone company that his pin was issued and my son had to request his # from his counselor...which he did and his counselor apoligized for not getting to him sooner...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: