Illinois Prison Talk
News: wc75-1  ILLINOIS PRISON LOCKDOWN STATUS:

MENARD ON LOCKDOWN. CALL BEFORE VISITING. 

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 01, 2014, 04:05:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PINCKNEYVILLE Correctional Center  (Read 60056 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: March 06, 2006, 09:51:37 AM »

Pinckneyville Correctional Center 

Donald Gaetz, Warden 

Facility Data

Pinckneyville Correctional Center
 Opened: October 1998
 *Operational Capacity: 2,515
 Medium Security Adult Male
 *Population Pinckneyville Correctional Center: 2,201
 *Population Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program: 196
 *Total Current Population: 2,397
 Average Age: 34
 FY2010 Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $17,477.00

*As of 5/31/2012. Reflects bed space capacity analysis as outlined in the July 1, 2012 Quarterly Report to the Legislature.
 Pinckneyville Correctional Center is the parent institution for Du Quoin Impact Incarceration Program (IIP)
Visiting Hours

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information

Visitors to any correctional facility will be required to produce photo identification and verification of date of birth. Please be sure to bring 2 forms of identification with you; these would include a current photo ID such as a driver’s license, a state ID card, government ID card, military ID/driver’s license, or acceptable documentation of non-U.S. citizenship including a current Passport, or Visa, documentation must contain the visitor’s date of birth. Expired forms of identification will not be accepted. Visitors will also be required to provide vehicle information and other pertinent data, such as government identification, official credentials, attorney registration, and or law student certification.

General Population
 8:30 a.m. to 5:30p.m. seven (7) days a week.  Offenders are permitted six (6) visits per month, with no more than two (2) on weekends or holidays.

Segregation
 8:30a.m. to 2:00p.m. daily
 Visitors must arrive by 1:00p.m.

Facility Address

Business Mail:
 5835 State Route 154
 Pinckneyville, IL 62274 

Inmate Mail:
Inmate Name & IDOC#
 P.O. Box 999
 Pinckneyville, IL 62274

Phone: (618) 357-9722
 Fax: (618) 357-2083

Facility Information

The mission of Pinckneyville Correctional Center, as a medium security adult male facility, is to provide for the protection of the public through the humane and secure incarceration of adult male offenders, based upon the foundation of legislative and judicial decisions. The institution's administration is committed toward instilling responsibility and mature decision making in its offenders. By providing extensive and high-quality educational programs, work assignment opportunities, leisure time activities and religious avenues, the goal of the facility is to go far beyond the minimum necessities of food, sanitation, clothing, housing and medical services to the offenders of the facility. The administration and staff of the facility strive to maintain a clean and safe environment for the offender population, encouraging a positive adjustment while acquiring employment skills and educational advancements that will lend to rehabilitation and reduced recidivism. Security measures are maintained to a strict degree to further ensure the safety of the community, offenders and staff. New reentry programming has been established to further encourage the successful transition of its offenders as productive citizens within communities through structured programming.

The center is comprised of 19 buildings, totaling 434,000 square feet, contained on 148 acres of land. The institution consists of five X-design housing units, four of which are strictly dedicated for general population and one which uses two wings housing general population and two wings dedicated as segregation. The center has living accommodations built to American Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications, meeting the needs of its disabled population. A total of 64 beds are reserved for inmates, who are qualified individuals with a disability.

Click here for information about Pinckneyville Correctional Center's sustainability efforts.

Inmate Programs

Academic:
•ABE (Adult Basic Education)
•GED (General Education Development)

Vocational:
•Construction Occupations
•Food Service

Other:
•Reentry Programming
•TRAC I
•Lifestyle Redirection
•Parole School
•Safer Return Program
•Chaplaincy

http://www2.illinois.gov/idoc/facilities/Pages/pinckneyvillecorrectionalcenter.aspx

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:32:21 PM »

MY boyfriend is in Pinckneyville.  So, if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them.  I have been to visit twice and plan on going again on April 22.  SO, far I have had no issues, however he DID call and tell me they to are no longer takin SS cards af a form of ID.  We have only have non-contact visits so, after April 22, I'll know more about how there contact visits are.     

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Dworak03

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 02:27:37 PM »

I have also been to Pville before. The contact visits are great, especially for those of us that haven't seen or TOUCHED our loved ones for extended times. It was almost 5 months gone by @ Cook County and Stateville before we got to see and hug him. Pville is very clean (compared to CC ) and most of the co's are nice. I'll be going back this Thursday 3/9. I'll let you all know how it goes
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 01:16:51 AM »

DG just informed me today and I almost forgot that they added music to the comminsary list.  At least he said it was added, I dont know if it was there before.  Just thought Id share that.  He did say that it's not cheap though.

Dworak~How did your last visit go?  When are you planning another trip?  I have yet to have contact visits (going for my first one on 4/23), what are the rules there for contact being non-contact I really never worried to much about them.  Also how are the vending machines there?  Only thing I ever got was a bag of chips for my son last time we went down.  Do you know/have you seen can the inmate hold the child on their lap?  Sorry I am asking so many questions.  I just dont want a repeat of our last visit (we thought it was going to be contact, it wasn't   :-[) and we ended up driving 4 hours for a 1 hour visit because my son wanted to sit on Daddy's (not really his dad but more of a father than his sperm donor) lap.....

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Jims

Throw Away the Key

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 08:31:21 AM »

Music at the commissary? As in, cassette tapes? How does that work? And do you know if they're doing that in place of ordering from Music by Mail or Pack Central?

What's done to children, they will do to society.  ~Karl Menninger
Dworak03

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:50:59 PM »

DG- contact visits are great!!!! As I said before, you can hug and kiss at both greeting and departure. You can hold hands /arms the whole time (above the table). Your guy can hold your son. Babies and kids are there all the time. They have books and coloring books for him to play with. There are games and cards you guys can use. The vending machines are fine but very costly. The prices on the machines aren't right. I paid 1.25 for a roll of lifesavers that say .25. Don't worry about the DOC they are jacking it to all of us. He can't get up, you have to get stuff for him. Also just a n FYI, the tables have 4 seats attached to them, 1 has a I (inmate) 3others have a V (visitor) you have to sit in the seat directly across from him. They will not let you (or at least not me) sit right next to him, others can (mother, sister etc.) but not gorlfriend or spouse.Whatever!!!! At least you can touch him!~!!  Yippee........... Have a great visit, its coming up soon..
Dworak03

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »

Doea anyone out there know anything about the new warden @ Pville? My inmate seems to think that he is (rumor has it) cool. The new rumors floating around there are longer yard time, weights and possibly hot plates? :)~ Do any of you think this is a possibility? More time out of their cells @ that place would be a godsend. These poor guys are out only about 2-3 hours a day. Any info on this warden would be great. Thanks
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 08:48:21 PM »

I haven't heard much on him.  But DG said a few CO's have said they will have free weights by June.  He hasn't said anything about more time out of the cells.  I think the time out has to do with the level of the prison (so thats prob. a long shot but we can hope).  Mail has picked up since he got there.  It only take about 3 or 4 day from peoria to Dg's hands.  So, I dont know...

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Dworak03

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

The word I got YESTERDAY was they do now HAVE weight in the yard for everyone to use. It still isn't clear about the extra time out but at least they have weights now. No more scrawny boys..... :)~
Doll4BabyBoy

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 09:15:29 AM »

HOW LONG IS AN AVERAGE VISIT AT PINKNEY?
AND HOW MANY VISITS A MONTH DO YOU GET?

SOME PEOPLE NEVER FIND LOVE BUT I FOUND
THE MAN OF MY DREAMS WHEN I FOUND IT
Dworak03

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 10:37:38 AM »

Average visits are 4 hours and you get 5 a month only 2 weekend visits. I don't know where you live but its FAR so 5 a month is more than we use. Usually we go for the whole weekend, possibly a day before. Hope that helps
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 01:23:35 PM »

They can have more than 5 a month (or at least the IDOC doesnt say only 5 per month) however only 2 can be on weekends!

IDOC Visitation Rules and Information -- please review before visiting

On the first visit to any correctional facility, the visitors will be required to have a photo identification, such as a driver's license, a state identification card, or acceptable documentation of non-US citizen including a current passport, Visa, or Matricula, and documentation that includes their social security numbers if US citizens, and date of birth.

Please have two forms of identification; one should be a photo ID for additional visits.

General Population Inmates
8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
(Visitors must arrive by 5:00 p.m.)
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.Weekends and Holidays
(Visitors must arrive by 6:00 p.m.)

Segregation Inmates
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Daily
(Visitors must arrive by 1:00 p.m.

Inmates are only allowed two weekend visits per month. 

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Doll4BabyBoy

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »

WHAT ABOUT MARRIAGES?  HAS ANYONE GOTTEN MARRIED IN PINKNEY?
THERE IS SEVERAL FACILITES THAT WILL NOW ALLOW YOU TO GET MARRIED...
THIS THIS A PROBLEM AT THIS FACITITY THAT ANYONE KNOWS OF??

.>>   ALSO A QUESTION ABOUT KISSING AT VISITS?    DO THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FRENCH KISSING AT PINKNEY?

SOME PEOPLE NEVER FIND LOVE BUT I FOUND
THE MAN OF MY DREAMS WHEN I FOUND IT
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »

I dont know know about either of those.  I have only had non-contact visits but I will know after sunday  >:) I get to hug and kiss my baby for the first time since Oct 1st this sunday:)  I am not sure about marriages I can see if he knows, but I doubt it since we dont plan on getting married for another few years, when I finish school...Sorry I am not of more help!

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Forevermah
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 08:33:54 PM »

Dgs, I am happy for you    (*%#    ,         hope u have a wonderful visit.. and you get a BIG hug and kiss   >:)

..)                        ..)

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 09:48:10 PM »

Finally asked DG about the music he was talking about at comminsary.  It is music by mail.  That was just added about a month ago to Pinkckeyville's comminsry list.

~waiting since 10/01/06~
DGsluv4ever

IT'S ME!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 05:44:34 PM »

Visit went GREAT  >:)   Anyway DG said they have some wieght in the yard but that they have had those.  They are supposed to be getting free weights.  He hasn't heard anything on increasing yard time.  But we can hope. 

They did allow us to hold hands across the table off and on.  But it was weird to long and they told you to let go LoL.  Still didnt find out about the kissing....we kissed but didn't want to chance anything.  They were watching him because he JUST got his contact visits back.  Did not notice anyone french kissing though.  They did tell a couple to break it up (hugging to long).  They cut the visit right at 4 hours.  They changed gurads at 3 and they 2 that came in stuck to the rules alot more than the other 2.  One guy had a 5.5 hour visit and when the 2 new guards came in at 3 they ended stating you already got to long of a visit. 

Staff was all very friendly.  One CO helpe a few people with the vending machine when the sliding door got stuck and was telling people not to use a machine becuse it was wiping out peoples card (that stopped to with change of CO's). 

~waiting since 10/01/06~
Schrader42

"Happiness is being married to your best friend."

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »

I was asked to drive a lady friend to Pinkneyville this Saturday and need to ask information about the drive to that facility.  I know it's a long drive and it will probably take me about 4 to 5 hours to get there but I was wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect during this long journey.  What are the roads like and do I need change for tolls, etc.  Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Sister

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 04:26:12 PM »

Where are you coming from?

If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself.  You are not that important. Galations 6:2
Down South

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 08:50:30 PM »

No tolls around P-Vill just farm ground. It sits just outside of town to the east of it about 2 or 3 min drive.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: