Illinois Prison Talk
News:
Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK,  www.illinoisprisontalk.org -  A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections.  IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions.   This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2014.  All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 23, 2014, 03:35:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Programs/Benefits For Incarcerated and Paroling Illinois US Veterans  (Read 26073 times)
Dazzler
Administrator

Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate

« on: February 25, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »

The attached document has been provided to IPT by Brad Schaffer, our member BSchaffer. He will be the moderator of this Veteran's Forum and available to answer questions about the VA Administration's benefits and services to our veteran inmates and those paroling. The VA offers many wonderful benefits for veteran's, even while incarcerated.

About the Author:

Mr. Bradley Schaffer is the Div. Dir., Community Psychiatry at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center with over 21 years federal service. He has developed particular expertise with the Incarcerated Veterans Outreach Program (IVOP) and Domestic Violence Prevention within the veteran population. He is a United States Marine Corps (USMC) veteran, Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Board Certified Diplomat (BCD) in Clinical Social Work, Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychiatry, College of Medicine & Adjunct Professor, School of Social Work, University of Cincinnati.

Thanks so much Brad for providing this to our forum. The attached document will be published in Stateville Speaks, making it available to our Veteran inmates.

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
BSchaffer

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »

Dazzler, thanks for posting and setting up this forum. I will help as much as I can. I look forward to receiving IL inmate mail in reponse to my Stateville Speaks article. Thanks. Brad.
cmb0757

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »

Dazz,

Is this person still a member and are there other topics withing the site with regards to Veteran inmate services?

The attached document has been provided to IPT by Brad Schaffer, our member BSchaffer.  He will be the moderator of this Veteran's Forum and available to answer questions about the VA Administration's benefits and services to our veteran inmates and those paroling.  The VA offers many wonderful benefits for veteran's, even while incarcerated. 

About the Author:

Mr. Bradley Schaffer is the Div. Dir., Community Psychiatry at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center with over 21 years federal service. He has developed particular expertise with the Incarcerated Veterans Outreach Program (IVOP) and Domestic Violence Prevention within the veteran population. He is a United States Marine Corps (USMC) veteran, Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Board Certified Diplomat (BCD) in Clinical Social Work, Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychiatry, College of Medicine & Adjunct Professor, School of Social Work, University of Cincinnati.

Thanks so much Brad for providing this to our forum.  The attached document will be published in Stateville Speaks, making it available to our Veteran inmates.

My montra through this ordeal:  Another day closer to his homecoming.
Pages: 1   Go Up
Print
Jump to: