• March 24, 2019, 03:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Jpay or western union  (Read 133 times)

Offline Martha

Jpay or western union
« on: February 22, 2019, 04:12:07 PM »
Which is better, Western Union or JPay?  My l/o got transferred on a court writ. He should have been there only a few days but it’s turned into 9 days. He went to commissary but was told he didn’t have any money. He was told sometimes it takes a month to transfer. By that time he will be back to his parent place probably waiting another month for the money to go back there. Plus, we put money on the place he’s at now, but “it went to his parent place first and then will go to where he’s at temporarily”.  I am constantly amazed how incompetent the whole prison system is from the very top to the very bottom!

Online 3tenjen

Re: Jpay or western union
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 06:15:40 PM »
Agree with you on the incompetent thought! I’d do jpay it’ll be right away

Offline Martha

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 09:26:56 PM »
Thank you!  We’ll try that

Offline Martha

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 04:48:10 PM »
We were told on a court writ that they MAIL the money to your l/o and that takes a long time. But when it “goes back to his parent place” it won’t take that long. Sounds weird, but ok.....🤷‍♀️  Was told most people don’t even bother to transfer their money on a court writ. Yes, we’re learning as we go along and everything the hard way.....