• March 18, 2019, 07:20:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: PVI Prospective Visitor's Interview (Form)  (Read 159 times)

Offline melly

PVI Prospective Visitor's Interview (Form)
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »
I don't remember if I should complete the PVI form and send it to the prison prior to my visit or if I just bring it with me when I go the first time? I also have the "permission to allow visitation of a minor " form filled out/notarized...do I just bring that along as well? Thanks all

Offline MaryKay

Re: PVI Prospective Visitor's Interview (Form)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »
Not sure if it varies from facility to facility, but I brought the completed form with me to each facility the first time I visited. Be careful about the minor visits, though.  We thought we were all set to bring my grandson on a visit and found out the day before that the facility had an even more specific requirement - that the mother had to write to the warden and receive written permission by mail:

"...Visitors 16 years of age and younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal
guardian. Exception may be made if the visitor has a notarized letter of
permission from the parent/guardian for the child to visit a specifically named
offender with a designated approved visitor and prior approval from the Warden is
on file. This notarized letter will be filed for future visits and notation will be made
on the Offender Tracking System that permission was received."

Good luck!

Offline melly

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:05:31 PM »
Thank You, I will call Sheridan!

Offline melly

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:29:26 PM »
Oh man, Im so glad I asked. The visitor form and the notarized minor child form have to be mailed in, approved and they will send the approval letter back to me. I have to bring the aproval letter with me when I visit the first time. Well, I'm sure that will take a while? Bummer...he's been there a little under 30 days, I could've had this handled already. Thanks MaryKay

Online trauma4us

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:16 PM »
Thats correct Melly. We take our grandson frequently to Taylorville and have for 5+ years now. In fact, as long as the mother DOES NOT put an end date on it, its good for multiple years. The first 4 years we had one only good for one year. So much easier.

Best wishes

Offline melly

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »
The form I down loaded has a box to check, either good for 1 year or just one single visit?  Are you saying if neither box is checked it will be good for a longer amount of time? I sure donít want to holdup the approval process.. We didnít have to do this last time he was in. I had mom write a permission letter and we had it notarized. I guess things change. Thanks

Online trauma4us

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 06:51:07 AM »
Yes, that is the way it works at Taylorville. Make sure you send it in a couple of weeks in advance of your planned visit. Taylorville is very quick but I always send special requests 2 weeks ahead of time.

In this case, you will get a letter back stating its approved as will your son. Your son will get his first and then he can notify you. Our grandson goes with us 1-2 times/month.

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 03:52:39 PM »
I would also recommend keeping copies of everything yourself. When I sent the minor form to Centralia to be approved by the warden they gave my inmate the approval notice but never sent the form or the approval back to me and I had included a SASE.

Offline melly

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
Good idea! What is an SASE or what does that mean?  i will do this...Thanks!!

Offline Martha

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
SASE. Self Addressed Stamped Envelope

Offline melly

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »
Oh, duh, thanks Martha!...lol

Offline Martha

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
Youíre welcome 😊