• February 20, 2019, 10:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Program Sentence Credit - Immediate Release  (Read 358 times)

Offline Wait4Him

Program Sentence Credit - Immediate Release
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
Good Morning,

My LO will be receiving program sentence credits that will result in an immediate release. Has anyone ever experienced this? Are there any steps I can take to expedite processing the time heíll receive or anyone I can reach out to to get a more concrete date heíll be released? I will be picking him up and need to take off of work in order to do so, but canít really prepare not knowing what day heíll actually be released. Any help on this is much appreciated....TIA.

Offline 3tenjen

Re: Program Sentence Credit - Immediate Release
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
Nice! Thereís not too much you can do except call the prison and ask. If you check his Iíd number on the IDOC website it should get updated with his release date when the paperworkís processed which would most likely be the day before he knows. You can sign up for vine link notifications too. My LO had something similiar he thought he was getting out dec 21, and on the 19th I got a vine notification he was being released the 24th. The next morning the IDOC website was updated. Hope this helps and best wishes!!

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »
My husband worked with a few men who had no clue/idea they were being released. On 2 separate occasions they were at work, all of sudden COs went to get them and basically said get your stuff youíre being released today. Not sure how long the process takes, but Iím sure they can use to phone as they go back to their housing unit to clear the cell.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline Wait4Him

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 07:35:21 AM »
Thanks to you both. I called and spoke with someone from Records and she wasnít too helpful, so Iíll just continue being patient and pray that Iím available and can make it down there before noon when I get that call.

Offline knsnapp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
My loved one is in a Work Release Center and they will be receiving a list of up to 30 names every Monday of those who qualify for credit. I think the baseline for SSC is 6 months right now so if they have under 6 months left they will have immediate release and will be occurring at most places where people meet the qualifications and recommendations by their counselors.  Between the two Chicago Work Release centers there are 150-200 people that qualify.   They will then parole per their parole plan.  Although I can't wait to move on and my loved one to get out, I feel like this is poor planning on IDOCS part especially when it comes to work release because many of these men have jobs and immediate release will force them to parole to a site that is not near their work areas.  If they had more solid information around dates they could prepare and move if necessary and keep the job that work release has prepared them to be successful at.   Always in limbo and it's very unfortunate.  I hope it all works out for everyone but if your loved one qualifies good things are coming!

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 12:51:25 PM »
Keep checking the IDOC website, and sign up for vine link notifications. I got that alert first, IDOC updated the next morning and he got out the day after.

Offline Wait4Him

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 06:51:13 AM »
I signed up for Vine but havenít been getting any notifications, and his release date has changed several times over the past few months. Iíll have to go check on that.

Heís about 10 days short, so unfortunately he never benefited from SSC, despite qualifying....too little, too late for him. But hopefully others will receive theirs and come home to their families sooner rather than later! ❤️❤️❤️

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 12:00:12 AM »
Does anyone know if parole violators are eligible for good time?

Offline Keke89

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 06:27:57 AM »
Anyone have an idea on how long someone must be at their work release center in order to qualify for good time? My l/o is currently at Stateville farm awaiting a bed at a Chicago center. He only has 6 months left in his sentence and I am hearing most people are getting the full 6 months if eligible.