• February 20, 2019, 10:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: My l/o left for Stateville today  (Read 165 times)

Offline melly

My l/o left for Stateville today
« on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »
Ugh, I can’t believe we are doing this again. I need to refresh my memory. A friend told me that he has heard it is 30 days now in R&C... before being shipped to home prison? I know enough about this IPT family ... to know to ask you. Thanks Melly

Offline kristyski1

Re: My l/o left for Stateville today
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »
My LO went through NRC in June. It was almost exactly 30 days before I heard from him. He went in June 5th and I got my first call from him at his assigned facility July 2nd.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:40:37 PM »
 :wc72:mine was 15 days in a August.

Online Meami

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:29 PM »
My LO was in there for 45 days. They get one 15 minute phone call a week while they’re there - mine was usually on Tuesday night but varied somewhat. They can receive mail but won’t be able to write back for the first 30 days. Can’t go to commissary for 30 days, no visits for 60 while they’re in NRC. Hopefully your LO will only be there a short time. Sending you positive thoughts because this has been the hardest part of the journey. My LO was also returning. Best wishes! We’re here for you!

Offline melly

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »
 :wc73:thank you so much!