• March 20, 2019, 09:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Visit increases  (Read 412 times)

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
Visit increases
« on: January 05, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
Hey Y'all! Anyone know if the DOC increased the visits to 7 for all prisons yet?? Nothings updated on the DOC website yet.
A great relationship is not built on how much time you spend together physically, but rather, the foundation you build together spiritually and emotionally...

Offline Martha

Re: Visit increases
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 02:11:40 PM »

Offline mrsk97279

• Hope for Inmates
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 02:42:59 PM »
Yeah I was wondering if they were complying or if there was a loophole since the website isnt updated.
A great relationship is not built on how much time you spend together physically, but rather, the foundation you build together spiritually and emotionally...

Offline kristyski1

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:00:37 PM »
The COs I talked to when I visited on Thursday still had no idea when it would be implemented. Iím guessing with the new governor coming in, they wonít make it a priority until he chooses a new director.

Offline Martha

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:21:16 PM »
Oh wow......I just thought they had to go by the laws like we do. Silly me. When it says effective Jan 1,2019, it may or may not mean it.

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 05:09:17 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why they cut the visits down to 5 late last year and this law was increasing them to 7 come the first of the year.

Offline Meami

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »
Yes, I agree with everyone. COs Iíve talked to have no idea when it will be implemented (and some hadnít even heard about it). I thought if it was effective January 1st, they would have to follow that but apparently not.

Offline Martha

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 04:53:35 PM »
I talked to the c/o checking us in today and she basically said she didnít know. She said SHE wouldnít deny anyone their 7 days, but to call Springfield to see why they havenít been told. Ok. 👍

Offline Martha

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 02:55:44 PM »
I tried calling Springfield yesterday but no answer, so I called today to ask about the new law that was to take effect Jan 1 about having 7 visits a month. After being transferred 3 times to different offices, a lady told me she didnít know anything about it and put me on hold for a minute. When she got back, she said they have been getting calls about it and ďtheyíre going to be looking into itĒ. At first she tried to tell me itís up to each individual prison, but I told her they told me ďto call Springfield ď. She said to call back tomorrow. Ok  👍

Offline Meami

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 07:25:44 PM »
Thanks for following up Martha, looking forward to an answer. What number did you call in Springfield? I will call too. Thanks.

Offline Martha

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:38:14 PM »
I looked up the IDOC on the internet to get their number. The number there was (217).558.2200. I was transferred 3 or 4 times before someone would talk to me. I realize the top people of prisons canít know every detail of all the prisons in Illinois, but just out of curiosity, what does their job consist of?

Offline onlyson

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 10:22:06 AM »
i just spoke to Lincoln today and the CO said they are allowed 8 visits per month now. so don't know if this is different for each location or not.

Offline Martha

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »
Thatís fantastic about getting 8 visits!  Iíll be calling a couple of places ASAP. Thanks for the info!

Offline Meami

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:11 AM »
My LO at Dixon told me that yesterday the COs confirmed the visit increase to 7. He also said theyíve connected the WiFi for tablets (which they donít have yet) so hopefully theyíll get them soon.

Offline Martha

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
I called a couple of places today to see how many visits the inmates get there. The 1st place told me 7. The 2nd place told me ďcurrently 6 but will be changing to 7 in April.Ē I said, ďOh really?  The new law says Jan. 1st.Ē  He put me on hold and when he got back to me, yes, itís 7 now and they will start keeping their visitor list on electronic file in August.

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 03:03:17 PM »
With the increase In visits....does anyone know if they get 3 Weekend visits? Or how are the dividing the number of visits in a month?
Two Hearts One Love

Offline Meami

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
B - I asked them at Dixon today and they said itís still only 2 weekend visits.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 09:10:33 PM »
Its different every place. My son has been at Taylorville for almost 5 years now and they have always gotten 3 weekend visits and 4 other visits.