• February 20, 2019, 10:20:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Update on EDSC (Formerly SSC)????  (Read 607 times)

Offline ERwife

Update on EDSC (Formerly SSC)????
« on: January 01, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
A few months ago the Director visited Kewanee, attending their town hall meeting. This is a meeting that the administration at Kewanee has with the inmates once a quarter (I believe it's quarterly) Anyway, of course the guys were asking about the EDSC time that has been put on pause. During that meeting the director stated that he was working with the women's facilities on that time first and would be getting to the men in a few months. I'm not sure how true that is and I really don't believe it but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything else. I have emailed jha and was told that they haven't heard anything about it since being placed on pause. We only have 8 months left and I sure would love that time to get shorter.  Does anyone know anything else?

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: Update on EDSC (Formerly SSC)????
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:06:54 PM »
i had heard that they are working on converting the EDSC into an electronic format. (not sure what that means) and everything has been on hold until the conversion is completed. 

Offline nikki6sangel

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:12:25 PM »
Loved one is at Sheridan and was told this week by the IDOC counselor to the entire floor that they are receiving names every Monday from Springfield for the counselors to review and send back the same week Friday to Springfield for approval.  They were handed sheets of paper outlining stipulations on what charges are not eligible for 180 ssc.
Once I can remember are murder, rape, domestic violence sexual, three aggravated DUI.  Also the regular have to complete your programs, less then 3 tickets a level b or higher.  the counselor said they only had two names on this said list Monday. But are expecting more every week but do not know how many or who
 Once the counselor sends back the approval to Springfield they said it will be two to four weeks before they get credit. My loved ones going to be out in May but again I would love to see any time taken off and will post if anything more happens at Sheridan

Offline kristyski1

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »
My loved one heard something very similar from their counselor in East Moline this week. He said the counselors said there were around 200 eligible there all together.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 09:03:22 AM »
Its too little for the truth in sentencing inmates!  They need to revise the TIS laws too.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 09:17:19 AM »
I agree truth in sentencing removes a judges discretion to sentence based on specific issues of the situation.  Of course judges are not the most accountable individuals either.

Offline msoptimistic

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »
YES please keep us updated on Sheridan my LO is also there but does not get to use the phone but once a week. I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline Aemperor12

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 08:21:28 PM »
My loved one is in East Moline and he has heard similar as well... So excited any time being shaved off is better then nothing!

Offline Nemdf

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 07:48:10 AM »
Our LO is in Danville, and his time was recently (about the past week or 10 days) by about 7 weeks for his earned sentence credits accrued so far.  It looks like they are working on getting these posted, where due. 

Offline knsnapp

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 09:02:20 AM »
My loved one is in a Work Release Center and they will be receiving a list of up to 30 names every Monday just as you described here.  I think the baseline for SSC is 6 months right now so if they have under 6 months left they will have immediate release but the description below is accurate and will be occurring at most places where people meet the qualifications and recommendations by their counselors.  Between the two Chicago Work Release centers there are 150-200 people that qualify.   They will then parole per their parole plan.  Although I can't wait to move on and my loved one to get out, I feel like this is poor planning on IDOCS part especially when it comes to work release because many of these mens have jobs and immediate release will force them to parole to a site that is not near their work areas.  If they had more solid information around dates they could prepare and move if necessary.   Always in limbo and it's very unfortunate.  I hope it all works out for everyone but if your loved one qualifies good things are coming!

Offline LovinDB

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:11 PM »
 My LO is also at Wk release and 6 people from lawndale just got a heads up they are leaving also I called Springfield and they said the same thing every Monday a list is out but also I heard you have to be u under 9 months for them to submit you .

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 04:08:27 PM »
The women's work release at Fox Valley is supposed to be issuing the days after March 1st.  Many females have been called down to their counselor's office to verify their parole sites.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.