• January 21, 2019, 06:22:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: New laws passed in Illinois affecting prisoners  (Read 211 times)

Offline Hotrod

New laws passed in Illinois affecting prisoners
« on: January 01, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »
Have there been any new laws passed that would affect 85% prisoners?

Offline Meami

Re: New laws passed in Illinois affecting prisoners
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:19:17 PM »
There was a new law passed regarding visiting. Prisoners are allowed up to 7 visits a month. I asked about it every time I’ve visited in December and the COs say they haven’t received the memo.

Offline Martha

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »
Yes, 7 visits a month and 30 people can be on their visitor list. What were the numbers before?  Who do I write to thank them for this?  Rep. Justin Slaughter?  http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=4741&GAID=14&DocTypeID=HB&LegId=110001&SessionID=91&GA=100

Offline Meami

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »
Check with the COs at the gate house before you reach 7 visits. The last time I asked they said it is still “in Springfield” and a memo will go out when it is enacted.