• March 20, 2019, 09:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Seg  (Read 285 times)

Offline Baddabing

Seg
« on: December 30, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »
Could someone please help me regarding seg?? My other half was sent to seg yesterday (thankfully his celly called and told me)  Apparently it's only for a few days, he was attacked in the chow hall and was defending himself. Anyway, my question is.. he's been on A grade, so will this automatically put him on C grade??  I'm only asking as I've just booked flights from the UK to visit him in February and I'm panicking that I won't be able to visit!
Thank you!!

Offline sarashane

Re: Seg
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »
He will probably be on C grade for at least a month. Then B for a month then  A. He should still be able to get visitors though.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline Baddabing

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:40:12 PM »
Ok, thank you. Fingers crossed!! 🤔

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 05:45:27 AM »
C grade varies with the prison: at all of them though, they don't get weekend visits, just week day visits

B grade usually means no electronics, no commissary but visits as usual

Best to call the prison where he's at or at least post here what prison so that someone familiar with that prison can tell you the exact details. Best wishes

Offline Baddabing

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »
Thanks trauma4us. He's at Pontiac Max. My arrangements  are for a weekday visit so hopefully even if he's put onto C Grade it won't be affected!

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
The max prisons have different rules, best to call to confirm if there are special times for C grade. Hopefully he will be on B grade by February - a lot more liberal visiting. Best wishes

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »
sarashane

Attached is a link that outlines the rules for discipline and segregation.  Like truma4us stated it is different depending upon the facility but they all have the follow the JCAR rules.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/020/02000504sections.html

Offline Baddabing

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 04:00:48 AM »
Thank you father