• March 20, 2019, 09:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Email at Lawrence?  (Read 231 times)

Offline pt1318

Email at Lawrence?
« on: December 28, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »
Have they already launched email messaging at Lawrence? I just tried to add him and get a message saying that emailing is not available for him at this time so I guess they don't even have it yet? I'm confused because his sister said she already sent him an email a while ago but it won't even let me add him as a contact. :wc13: Can someone help please?
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline holdinitdown

Re: Email at Lawrence?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 02:07:43 AM »
Lawrence has had email for awhile now. He may be on restriction. If he just got there and is in receiving or if he is on b or c grade he can't get emails
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline pt1318

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
Thank you! I didn't know that the system won't even allow me to add him to my contacts if he's on restriction.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline pt1318

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2019, 03:49:59 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can they send/receive email during a partial lockdown?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 08:25:28 AM »
Lawrence has had email for awhile now. He may be on restriction. If he just got there and is in receiving or if he is on b or c grade he can't get emails

I have been out of the loop for awhile with this email, please tell me how it all works.  Do they receive a printed email and then have to write something out to be sent back or do they actually do the emailing?  It must be kept under strict watch?

Anyone can explain.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline pt1318

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »

I have been out of the loop for awhile with this email, please tell me how it all works.  Do they receive a printed email and then have to write something out to be sent back or do they actually do the emailing?  It must be kept under strict watch?

Anyone can explain.

It's not printed, they receive it like an actual email either on their tablet if they have one or on a kiosk, and they can also email back the same way. Unfortunately in our case (Lawrence CC) the emails currently take 3 days to be approved and delivered, even real short ones, so it's pretty slow but I'm not complaining, still faster than snailmail.  :wc2: