• December 16, 2018, 09:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole violation etc  (Read 196 times)

Offline Meami

Parole violation etc
« on: December 02, 2018, 06:57:18 PM »
Hi, thanks in advance to anyone that can help. My LO has been in NRC for 40+ days. Met with the PRB last week and they updated his next parole and discharge date (reduced compared to original sentence). He can only call on tuesdays there and I havenít sent him anything in a week because I have been expecting him to be transferred. His violation was a new arrest, but he is not expected to get jail time for it (ďexpectedĒ who knows what will happen). I am assuming based on other posts that he made a deal to do his parole time inside and then once heís done with that heís completely discharged (the dates are two days apart). I am so confused, worried and frustrated and also very new to this. Can anyone tell me what they have experienced in similar situations?

Offline Meami

Re: Parole violation etc
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 06:59:37 PM »
Also, everyone thought the PRB would wait til case was finished to make decision, and that there was a strong sense that he would be re-released back onto parole. Can that parole date change again or is it all done? Itís exactly half the time he would have had left on the rest of his full sentence.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:46:19 PM »
Meami  If you check his Parole Date and Discharge Date after everything has settled it will give you an indication.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 04:10:59 AM »
Iím pretty sure they donít have to wait til the case is done. It sounds like heís gonna do the time inside then he discharged from it.

Offline Meami

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:29 PM »
yes, I just spoke to him last night from NRC and they violated him last week. and received an alert this morning that heís moved. He was having a real bad go of it in NRC so Iím very glad that happened.  Still waiting to see if his dates change because he said a different date. But weíll see. Just glad heíll be able to move about and call more frequently compared to NRC. that was brutal on everyone. This site has been a major help though! Thanks!

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »
NRC was horrible.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 07:35:21 PM »
Yelp my son said the same thing that the reception center has been the worse part of his stint.

Offline Meami

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 08:46:51 PM »
My l/o was able to call THREE times today. Both of us thrilled with this new ďfreedomĒ. Heís so happy to just be able to move about, and shower, and call. Iím so relieved heís been moved, he sounds like himself again.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 03:29:32 AM »
Meami  That is wonderful its so stressful when your L/O first enters corrections.  We were besides our self when our son first went in.  We have about 1 year left to go.  Depending on which facility your l/o is placed at remember you can email them also.  This only happened recently for us and I cannot express how comforting it was to us to be able to contact him instead of waiting for a phone call.

This board is full of individuals that can help so please reach out for any questions.

Offline Meami

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 03:11:43 PM »
Thanks Father! He was in NRC for 45 days and i just canít imagine that. Itís what nightmares are made of, literally. I realize that every day people think ďitís prison so itís not supposed to be niceĒ but itís not supposed to be cruel and inhumane either. I think we really misunderstand it until you have a loved one there. my l/o has bipolar disorder, and a manic episode is what landed him back in prison. Unfortunately once he left county where he was stabilized he entered NRC and was not medicated properly or seen by a doctor after his initial intake. By the time he got to the PRB he was so manic they basically told him he wasnít stable enough to be released. Thatís really heart breaking and disturbing knowing that if he had received the proper care, he would have been stable enough to potentially be released.

Offline Martha

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 07:58:18 PM »
Meami, my heart & prayers are with you and everyone else on here. I couldnít have cared less about people in prison until it happened to my l/o. Iím ashamed to admit that but now my tears never stop. Iím sorry and I feel for all of you.

Offline Meami

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 12:32:33 AM »
Thanks Martha. It truly is eye opening. I send the same prayers to you! My goal is to help as much as possible.