• December 16, 2018, 09:19:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Pinckneyville is now doing video visits  (Read 211 times)

Offline verysweet34

Pinckneyville is now doing video visits
« on: December 01, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
I think it's finally official. Just got off the phone with my LO and he said they would be starting on Dec 3rd so I went to ildoc.gtlvisitme.com and tried to schedule a visit and it worked, the earliest being Dec 8th. Visits start at 8am and last visit starts at 7pm for 55min & 7:30pm for 25min. The cost for 25min is $6.25 and for 55min they're $13.75. I don't know if the video visits will take away from the in person visits. Hope this wasn't confusing lol

Offline Kamama

Re: Pinckneyville is now doing video visits
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 05:03:18 AM »
Public Act 100-0142   HB2989 Enrolled   AN ACT concerning criminal law  Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois, represented in the General Assembly: Section 5. The Unified Code of Corrections is amended by changing Section 3-7-2 as follows:(f-10) The Department may not restrict or limit person visits to committed persons due to the availability of interactive video conferences.
Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
Public Act 100-0142   HB2989 Enrolled   AN ACT concerning criminal law  Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois, represented in the General Assembly: Section 5. The Unified Code of Corrections is amended by changing Section 3-7-2 as follows:(f-10) The Department may not restrict or limit person visits to committed persons due to the availability of interactive video conferences.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

Offline Mrz.NoLuv

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:56:23 PM »
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this information being I'm all the way in Texas with my LO in Illinois.

Offline Martha

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 09:05:22 PM »
Would this apply to video visits in county jails also?  Some have stopped face to face visits and only have video visits (in the jail)

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 09:32:58 AM »
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate this information being I'm all the way in Texas with my LO in Illinois.
You're so welcome and yea that's a looooong way from here lol

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 09:35:19 AM »
Would this apply to video visits in county jails also?  Some have stopped face to face visits and only have video visits (in the jail)

I'm not sure but maybe u can call the jail and ask them if they know. I hope it's the same as the state prisons

Offline Daphne

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
I think it's finally official. Just got off the phone with my LO and he said they would be starting on Dec 3rd so I went to ildoc.gtlvisitme.com and tried to schedule a visit and it worked, the earliest being Dec 8th. Visits start at 8am and last visit starts at 7pm for 55min & 7:30pm for 25min. The cost for 25min is $6.25 and for 55min they're $13.75. I don't know if the video visits will take away from the in person visits. Hope this wasn't confusing lol

I am trying to find more information but it seems it is only available for facility video visits not video from your home computer.  Is this true.  I can get nowhere with GTL.  Can anyone help?

Thank you Thank you so much all of your help!!!!!!!

Offline sarashane

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
I was able to get one from home for the 21st.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline Daphne

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 02:57:23 PM »
How did you sign up for it.  I have tried everything with GTL and get nowhere.

Thanks

Offline kristyski1

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »
Go to ildoc.gtlvisitme.com. It does not work to visit on an iPhone, and you have to add a payment method online before you can schedule from your phone. If you have an iPhone, you will have to do visits online with a laptop or desktop computer. We have found that Firefox is the best browser for streaming from your computer. You have to set up an account, add your LO, be approved, and then add any minors who might participate, and then they will have to be approved. When everything is ready, youíll be able to schedule visits. I donít know if youou have to schedule 7 days in advance everywhere, but I know where my LO is, we do. Im kind of envious of your late visit times. Our latest is 4:30 pm...

Offline Daphne

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »
Go to ildoc.gtlvisitme.com. It does not work to visit on an iPhone, and you have to add a payment method online before you can schedule from your phone. If you have an iPhone, you will have to do visits online with a laptop or desktop computer. We have found that Firefox is the best browser for streaming from your computer. You have to set up an account, add your LO, be approved, and then add any minors who might participate, and then they will have to be approved. When everything is ready, youíll be able to schedule visits. I donít know if youou have to schedule 7 days in advance everywhere, but I know where my LO is, we do. Im kind of envious of your late visit times. Our latest is 4:30 pm...
Thanks for the info but I think from reading further it is only available on an android phones and a pc.  I have a Mac and it is never mentioned at all.  Maybe I will try your advice and use Firefox on my Mac and see if I get any further with my pursuit.

Thanks again.  You all are wonderful

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 06:21:26 AM »
Thanks for the info but I think from reading further it is only available on an android phones and a pc.  I have a Mac and it is never mentioned at all.  Maybe I will try your advice and use Firefox on my Mac and see if I get any further with my pursuit.

I am so sorry you're having problems. I don't know why you having a Mac pc is stopping you from setting a visit up. Do you have an account with ildoc.gtlvisitme ? I can try and walk u through it if you want to try.

Thanks again.  You all are wonderful

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 06:29:01 AM »

That's great. I had my very first video visit this past Monday. Just in case u don't know, sign in 10min before your visit because you'll have to talk to a staff member to get approved. Have your license or whatever valid id ready because they will ask to see it for proof. No other electronic can be used or seen, no screen shots or video taping the session, be appropriately dressed, no drinking other than water, make sure u have ear plugs because that's the only way you'll be able to hear him. Oh yea and you have to be seated at all times, if u get up they'll cut the visit off. And make sure no one else comes in view of the screen unless they were pre approved at the beginning of the visit by staff. They'll go over all the rules at the beginning but I just wanted to give u a heads up lol

Offline kristyski1

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 03:09:40 PM »
Daphne- A Mac shouldnít stop you. Iíve visited using a Mac. Iím sorry this process has been so difficult.