• November 13, 2018, 10:30:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Convicted felon visiting an inmate  (Read 72 times)

Offline Acdc1111

Convicted felon visiting an inmate
« on: November 04, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »
Hi, my LO is in Graham Correctional, Iím a convicted felon, I successfully completed everything, and havenít been in trouble in a long time, but itís on my record! I was wondering what all I need to do before I can visit, I know I have to write the warden, but are there any papers I need to send, and can I get that paper you have to fill out at first visit beforehand, that way when and if warden approves me I can have everything taken care of before I visit? Any advice and tips would be great! Thank you!!

Offline jts

Re: Convicted felon visiting an inmate
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
I can't speak to the part about visitation by a convicted felon, but there is a link online to get the form you have to fill out at the first visit. If you go to the IDOC site and the visitation guidelines, under "visitor approval" there is a link to "forms page." Hope this helps and good luck.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: Convicted felon visiting an inmate
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:59:46 PM »
You have to write the warden for approval.  My son is going thru this now at Taylorville