• December 13, 2018, 02:48:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: College  (Read 183 times)

Online Kamama

College
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:50:26 AM »
I am wondering, does anyone has experience having a loved one who is a lifer and is getting or has gotten for college at a medium facility? And at which facility is that able? Or can't lifers never get for college?
Distance cannot and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment and love. Love & relationships are always worth preserving, regardless of the miles that may separate two people.

Offline Nemdf

Re: College
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
Danville has college through Educational Justice Project.  My LO was able to complete an associate's degree, and continuing to earn credits.

Offline 2cimdma

Re: College
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »
Lawrence had college when I was there in 2015-2016.  Alot of them have it through Lakeland college but there are some that offer it through other colleges as well. The Lakeland degree is an asaociates in liberal studies.