• January 20, 2019, 09:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Tracking inmate call use  (Read 1288 times)

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
Re: Tracking inmate call use
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »
 :wc21:@holdinitdown I agree with you 100% My husband will skip yard and gym to call me. He calls me twice a day sometimes 3 times a day but always gets in line, never taking someone else’s time away. We have to be mindful of the complaints we submit. Who’s to say that Securur won’t increase the price of calls as a means to resolve the issue with inmates abusing phone privileges. Guards need to do their job of monitoring as well.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline willied

Re: Tracking inmate call use/Centralia relaxed discipline
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
Centralia Relaxes Discipline

In line with Springfield’s inept handling of the phone takeover:

If you are on   C  Grade, but want to make a call, use a buddies PIN and go ahead.  No one is watching. No one cares.

If you’re on yard denial, go ahead out.  No one is watching. No one cares.

If you want to walk next to your buddie so you can talk going to chow (not 2 abreast) go ahead.  No one is watching. No one cares.

If you want to yell across the ‘core’ or chow hall to a buddie, go ahead.  No one is watching. No one cares.

You get the Idea.  Some people are ‘special’ and can do what they want.    willied

Respectfully
William Oliver Deere

Offline ptowntom8710

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 05:51:09 AM »
My fiancé is at Logan; short time ... hopefully year from now. She somehow ended up in house 7 — yje roughest. We used to talk daily; I haven’t talked with her for a week. As she reports, phones are run by inmates, spec the house mom and her posse. She was told she could join posse and/or pay for phone use. She is there for total of year — we both agreed it’s absolutely not worth it. She is keeping her head down, staying off radar as much as possible. She’s signed up for 3 different program so hoping to get transferred to a program house soon.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 07:06:16 AM »
My friend is there too, she called once 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard from her since. She said the same thing. And she said that the COs put them on informal lockdowns whenever they feel like it or for petty s*** without reporting it or following guidelines. I’m sorry to hear this about your fiancé. Praying for her safety.

Offline ptowntom8710

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 08:00:08 PM »
Thank you for prayers. I’ll be honest, this whole situation (prison, etc) is a new but valuable experience. Our system is woefully broken, and it only magnifies the victimization that females endure throughout their lives. As a father of 2daughtere, I instilled esteem and tenacity in them, knowing i can’t protect them. The prison system presents a whole different challenge. There is never a day i don’t worry about my soulmate—i age a week for every day “blessing from God” is not with me.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
Stay strong. This is temporary, there a lot of life left to live once she’s home <3. It just feels like forever right now. My hubby is away too, it’s been a long road. and I have 34 days left god willing if they would get around to approving the home site plan. Think long term, stay positive for the little eyes watching you <3

Offline ptowntom8710

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »
your words of encouragement are sincerely appreciated. 34 days? you must be ecstatic!! smiles all around for the two of you!