• December 10, 2018, 06:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Tracking inmate call use  (Read 1002 times)

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
Tracking inmate call use
« on: October 04, 2018, 07:41:59 PM »
Talked to my husband a few minutes ago. He said Dixon has a new system for inmate calls. Basically they are only allowed to make one 30 minute call then gotta wait another 30 minutes if they wish to place another call. That means no more back to back calls from inmates. Allowing all in line to get 1 phone call in.
Two Hearts One Love

Offline ERwife

Re: Tracking inmate call use
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 08:01:01 PM »
Kewanee will start using the same plan soon

Offline bquinonez

• Its me "B"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »
Dixon starts next week Monday
Two Hearts One Love

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »
Centralia is supposed to start this on the 15th but mine said 45 mins between calls.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:38:31 PM »
Thats a good thing - more guys will be able to get to make calls.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 09:39:04 PM »
yes that is good.  Stops one guy from getting up early and signing up all the phone slots.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 05:36:16 AM »
Exactly

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
My husband is in Centralia too it is a state wide order from rauner
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline willied

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 08:54:23 PM »
Thank goodness.  this has been going on for months.  Now, if the C/O will enforce it.     willied

Thank you
William Oliver Deere

Offline pt1318

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 06:08:49 AM »
Thank goodness.  this has been going on for months.  Now, if the C/O will enforce it.     willied

Thank you
William Oliver Deere

I would think the Securus phone software keeps track of that automatically, at least I hope so.
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline jaf

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:34 PM »
My husband is in Centralia too it is a state wide order from rauner

I sure hope that’s true.  It’s becoming a serious problem.
Where did you hear it is statewide?

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 03:56:42 AM »
It is programmed into the phones it counts down

Offline cem31

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 03:50:05 PM »
My husband is in Lincoln, he said it started there about a wk ago, said its a 45 min wait btwn calls, and that there are no phone calls after 9pm. They have to already be on their call before 9pm hits

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 05:01:41 PM »
Robinson began this today. But they knew it was coming, so a few of the guys added phone numbers to their lists ahead of time so that they can do back to back calls. The 3 phones in my LOshouse are controlled by the inmates, not the COs. The lists weren’t working. Secured controls the 30 minute thing. Ours is 30 not 45, I honestly don’t mind cuz he was calling back to back to back some mornings and I need to get ready for work, kids, dogs, etc... but always felt bad telling him I had to go.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »
It is 31 minutes from the time they enter their pin number. You can make as many calls as you want in that 30 minutes but after it hangs up you must wait 30 minutes to make another call. Adding numners to the list won't help it is 30 minutes per pin not per number called however alot of guys are using each other's pin to call back to back however they are already investigating this and will eventually result in loss of all phone priveledge not only for the one making the calls bit for the inmate allowing g his pin to be used. It could also result in seg time and c grade status.

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 04:31:30 AM »
@holdinitdown - yes sorry that’s what I meant. I told my lo that too, plus he nor I want anyone else having my phone number!

Offline jaf

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 08:21:44 AM »
Still hoping IDOC and Securus get something figured out.  Glad to see they are trying things.
Phone calls are the lifeline for many families.

I am curious about how many phones there are in a typical gallery and how many offenders would like to use them in what amount of time? 

And what have they tried to alleviate the problems? Surely when they make people sign up, they can only sign once a day (unless everyone has had a chance to sign up). What else?

I like the 30 minute rule, but of course the guys are already figuring out ways to go around it.  It’s probably going to have to mean that the COs are just going to have to watch and make sure the phones are shared.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »
I was told IDOC is handing out tickets to inmates that abuse the phone privileges.  Signing up for multiple adjacent slots.  Ticket results in the use of the phone privileged

Offline willied

Re: Tracking inmate call use, Centralia
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »
                                     The phone “gangs” win at Centralia. 

The recent ‘response’ of Springfield ‘management’ to the crisis of phones being taken over by small gangs of extremely self-important (selfish) is classic Springfield – absolutely pathetic.  After months of waiting for relief, on Oct.  15 they imposed a ½ hour block before redialing.  This has been a green light for the ‘gang’ to continue ‘business as usual’. GTE E-mail has a 1 hour logoff period.  Wardens who have lived with the complaints recommended a longer block (2 hours) and a limit on calls per day (3). These measures would have resolved the problem – this is a ‘prison’, everything has limits.
The ½ hour solution isn’t working.  It only takes 2 to control a phone.  The same abusers are in charge.  One ‘gang’ member races (literally) to grab HIS phone at, or before count clear.  Then he and a buddy just pass the phone back and forth every ½ hour.  To maximize THEIR phone time they are even less willing to give up one of THEIR ½ hours.  This is especially true at night when inmates with loved ones who actually work during the day would like to use the phone.
‘Management’ is such a joke that the worst offenders are using the PIN numbers from buddies so they can keep redialing around the ½ hour block. The CO’s that see this just walk on by.
There are three choices – fight and go to seg; wait forever and hope for pity; or ‘PAY’ to use THEIR phone for a ½ hour.
For anyone who doesn’t know, approx. 4 months ago the price of a call dropped to 1 cent per minute – so everyone could afford to call a loved one.  The unintentional consequence was that the small number of bullies banded together to make the phones THEIR property.  They gathered up the day room chairs, set up THEIR lounge and would continuously dial and redial, for hours, day after day, month after month.  Almost unbelievably some would spend 8 hours a day talking – really.
With the inept response from ‘management’ nothing has changed
    willied

William Oliver Deere

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 04:02:09 AM »
My husband is in Centralia as well. However he has been in almost 2 decades and he is not now nor has he ever been involved in a gang. He has no problem getting the phone. He has told me that there are a lot of c graders on the phone and that guys are using each other's pin numbers to beat the 30 minute block. The answer is not to limit calls or make a longer block. The answer is for the employees to get off their lazy butts and instead of putting papers up over the windows in the bubble so they can sleep do their jobs. These guys using each other's pin numbers to use the phone could be caught easily just by monitoring the phone calls. Also they have a list of who is on c grade they can watch and see if they are using it. Point is the answer is not to further punish the innocent but do their job and find out the guilty parties and punish them block their pin as well as the pins they are using. Before the block my husband did call me back to back but never to the detriment of someone else using the phone. He wakes up early to call when the young ones are still sleeping he never goes to yard or gym or Chow so he can call when no one else wants the phone. If someone wants to use it he gets off and gets back in line. Why should we be limited even more on our calls because a few can't follow the rules and because the guards are too lazy to do the job we are paying them 20+ dollars and hour to do.