• December 16, 2018, 09:20:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Updating IDOC Question  (Read 484 times)

Offline Iluvhim90210

Updating IDOC Question
« on: September 24, 2018, 07:00:53 PM »
sooo i have a question. my lo is currently at stateville in reception and in idoc it states everything is "To Be Determined". When should it be determined. Looks like he entered last Friday... how long should it be. It also states he was taken into custody on September 10 2018 when in reality he has been in custody since july of 2017. when are they going to credit him the year?

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
Re: Updating IDOC Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 03:39:21 AM »
The counselors will make him a new credit sheet.  If for some reason he doesn't get the credit for being locked up since July 2017 he will need to write the judge to get those days.  His mitimus sheet he got in court will show his credited days as well.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline Angelonerz

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:54:32 PM »
Hey there everyone I have a question I just got sentenced to 2yrs I have a little over 3 months on house arrest which is day for day how long until I see any of the 6 month goodtime How long will I be in for

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
It sounds like based on your right numbers you’ll be in for about 6 months. Id count by days, not months and you can figure your actual projected out date that way. For example. Two year sentence =730 days @ 50% is 365.  House arrest credit=180 days give or take 1 or 2 depending on the month.  that leaves about 180 days left to do... hope this helps.

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:16:50 PM »
Dont make the mistake of counting on 6 months good time. That is a hit or miss thing. I'm in work release right now and have seen only 1 person get it(which was actually 2 days ago)

Offline 2cimdma

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »
Oh and also off a 2yr sentence at 50% your doing a year. Minus the 3 months on house arrest your gonna do 9 months unless you hit the lottery and get 6 months good time or do school or drug program. You can also earn good time for industry but with only 9 months to do you probably wont get in a industry job unless you end up in east moline or something

Offline 3tenjen

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:41 PM »
That’s correct! I thought he was saying he got day for day on the house arrest, not actual good time. Good time has been on hold but maybe if you can get into a careertech right away you’ll get 20 days from that, or the GED class... anything. My LO thought he wasn’t gonna get into careertech and the day before it started he got called and got in! And is getting 19 days good time from it so he gets out on Xmas Eve now! It’s a Xmas miracle. Keep hope alive and keep trying to get into something. Take care of yourself!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 07:49:58 PM »
Angelonerz
I am sorry to hear about you being sentenced.  If this is your first bit don't sweat it.  Alot of what you hear about prison on TV is not reality.  You can request a facility but you will be evaluated and assigned accordingly.  Most of your time will be spent in NRC. The hard part is dealing with the boredom.  Take this as a lesson learned and never come back.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
I don't think IDOC would be happy to see an inmate posting on this site.. I would be careful posting on this website !!!!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”