• February 20, 2019, 06:30:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2019. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: MP3 players at Taylorville  (Read 439 times)

Offline trauma4us

MP3 players at Taylorville
« on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:57 PM »
Hey there guys..

So my son has an MP3 player now. I opened an acct on Connect Network-GTL and put credits on it. So...how does this work from here?

I want to make it so our son can email or text or however it goes to several phone numbers. He doesn't need email addresses right?  Also, he wants to send messages to his son - how do the messages come across our cell phones? Like a text message or do we have to use the Connect Network app?

Thanks...btw my son says its just "like in the real world...everyone walking around looking at the MP3 players and bumping into things."

lol

Offline Lu

Re: MP3 players at Taylorville
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:18:20 AM »
I am having the same issues using ConnectNetwork.  It seems hard to use when it should be rather simple.   My son wants to email other friends.  Do they need to set up their own direct account for communication?   Or can he send messages using the account I set up and bought credits for?    I am also getting what I would call "ads" in my messaging box.  Are these using up my credits?   How to delete them?!!!

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »
Each person who he wants to email has to set up their own account unless you want to forward responses etc yourself. The credits you send him can be used by him to message anyone who has an account. The app seems like it should give you notifications but mine doesn't. I usually check mine because I receive an email in my "real" email that says someone sent a message. Everything actually goes through the app though. The ads from ConnectNetwork don't use your credits.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:48:16 AM »
Thanks much. Its also frustrating for my son who is in school full time to get to the gym to sync his MP3 player. Its still faster than letters though so that is good.

Again - thank you

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »
No problem. Centralia still doesn't have them and it takes a few hours to a day and a half for them to approve and send the messages so it's just another frustration really.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 08:33:50 AM »
My son tells me that at Taylorville its possible to get back and forth messages (total of three) in one day. Hes been there almost 5 years now and we visit frequently so he only calls rarely. However, the email would be very nice.

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »
That would be awesome. We could maybe get 2 but that's pushing it. He calls everyday so it's not a big deal for us. Maybe it'll be different when they have the mp3 players.