• September 23, 2018, 01:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: New Parole Conditions?  (Read 101 times)

Offline Kay

New Parole Conditions?
« on: September 12, 2018, 09:18:51 PM »
First, I would Like to thank Mah and administrative staff for taking care of the spammer(s).  This is such a useful site for so many going through a difficult time and I am grateful that it will continue to be helpful.

Has anything changed in regards to parolees with an active order of protection?  A new rule that the parolee must be on an ankle bracelet for the duration of their parole/or length of protective order?  Where might I look to research this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
Re: New Parole Conditions?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 08:23:00 AM »
Hi Kay and you are right about his site.  To clarify are you asking about parolees that incur an OP while on parole or wearing an ankle bracelet as a condition of parole?  I think the Parole Board has wide latitude to institute any measure as a condition of parole.  Orders of Protection seem to stay in place forever so something doesn't seem right but I am unaware of a new law that requires it. 

Offline Kay

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »
Thanks, Father.  A few details:  My l/o was issued an order of protection by his sentencing judge, which began the day he walked out of prison.  Once home, he did wear the ankle bracelet, but for only about 2 weeks or so.  Now, halfway done with his parole and doing well, no incidents, he has heard that any parolee with an order of protection is to be placed on the ankle bracelet for the entire parole.  I'm trying to find out if this is true.  If it is, would it be a new condition going forward for new parolees?  Or would it apply to parolees who are already out and getting on with their lives?  (Kind of like changing the rules in the middle of the game.)  Either way, it seems a bit extreme.  And expensive for the State.  Not sure where to search to see if any new parole rules have been put in place.  Appreciate your help.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 10:23:26 AM »
I have used the Office of the state appellate Defender on occasion and they were very responsive and helpful

https://www2.illinois.gov/osad/pages/default.aspx

Online pt1318

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙