• October 21, 2018, 10:59:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 112950 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
Congrats Rottie, I wish you both the best!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline kp18437

« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
Awesome Rottie!  I wish you both the best  :wc7:

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 02:03:03 AM »
Me too after some reading on the board i realize we are going to have to deal with institutionalization that is going to be an adjustment, he think he is not going to have a problem.I am waiting on it to hit him.
Rottiemama2003

Offline Ira

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
My husband called me this morning and said that the prison tried to send me a letter, but my address shows up as "undeliverable", so he asked me to call the prison (gave an extension #), and they approved me over the phone just 10 minutes ago  :wc7:

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
The same thing happened to me.  I was approved (well myself and my host site) over the phone.  I did make a log of the call though.  Who I spoke with, what date and time.  I always make a log of any phone call to or from the IDOC.   

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 10:42:30 AM »
I wish
Rottiemama2003

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2011, 02:55:24 PM »
Just spoke with the field coordinator, and he took phone number and other information now just waiting on parole agent to contact me for any appt to come out. we are moving right along got to get closet ready for inspection. No weapons, dogs go to the vet and have their reproductive organs removed. Anything i have missed anyone? Thanks for your help. They asked if any special schedule so i told him the way I work. He put it in the puter. He put it in as soon as he turned it in. After then the PRB and finish up the time and home we come. WOW it is important to stay ready for anything because thing can change at anytime
Rottiemama2003

Offline scotts baby 08

• <3 he is my Heart, he is my Best Friend, he is my Life, he is my World. He is my Soul Mate. <3
  • Yesterday isn't here soon enough!
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
 :wc30: now breath before you  :wc26: lol
im glad you talk to the one we talked about..that is awsome news..yeaaaaaa..

love and hugs sister
Never take today or tomorrow for granted!

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2011, 01:54:43 AM »
This is so exciting Rottie! I'm so happy for you! :)

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2011, 12:33:21 PM »
Thanks, i am so excited, and so is he because it has been a long time coming
Rottiemama2003

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2011, 08:01:23 AM »
I have a parole question of my own, though my B's not set to come home till next summer. He freeked me out when I saw him on Sat by saying that i have to be ready with our apt in 6 months bc a lot of the guys (like his cellie) are getting their parole papers and going to pbh's 6 months in advance. How true is this? My B like's to exaggerate and dramatize sometimes so that's why i wanna confirm on here. If I only have 6 mos (instead of the 8-10 i though i had) to get everything organzed, I'm screwed! Is it time to panic yet?

Offline billswife97

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »
Breathe.lol. My husband gets out in nov. And i still have not recived the papers. So i am sure you have plenty of time. I am no expert but i would not stress to much.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2011, 08:43:32 AM »
It is normal to get your parole paperwork 6 - 12 months in advance and still be paroled on the date that shows on IDOC website.  Some prisons, are just ahead of themselves in these matters, but it does NOT mean they are getting our any earlier.

Crowe, the only thing I can tell you, is to be prepared for anything, because with the IDOC, you just never know what's going to happen.  If any kind of new programs are initiated and I am not saying they are going to be anytime soon, many guys may be heading out the doors sooner.  We all know IDOC has to do something, it's just what and when.

Good Luck, GET READY   :wc35:

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »
So just bc he may recieve the paperwork in 6 mos anyway, he won't have to show a parole addr till his hearing, am i right??? How long does it take bw getting the papers n having a hearing???

Offline Ira

« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
My husband received his papers when he had 12 months to go. He had to show the address then. I signed my lease (got a new apartment) just on time. So I'm afraid he will have to give them some address. I think he will be able to change it later if you are not ready yet.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
So just bc he may recieve the paperwork in 6 mos anyway, he won't have to show a parole addr till his hearing, am i right??? How long does it take bw getting the papers n having a hearing???
Once he get's his parole paperwork, he has to fill it out.  Put down the address he wants to parole to,  (he probably can always change this in enough time).  Once he sees the PRB, all this other stuff should be in place, they just tell him his parole rules/stipulations.

Offline Crowe29

« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
What if he has no addresses at the time? He was living in a shelter before getting locked up and a half way house is not an option.  I really don't want him to stay in there another year, he doesn't want to either.  Good to know he has time to change all this...I'm just worried that I won't get us a place in time and he'll have to sit there. Oh this is getting too overwhelming for me!  :wc26:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2011, 12:33:40 PM »
If he has no address to put down, then he's going to have to explain all this to his counselor once he get's his paperwork and as soon as you have an address you can inform him, so he can inform them.  They will let him know what he's got to do.   It will all work out, don't worry about something that could be months off.

Sorry, I told you two addresses, it's one,  I was thinking of two ATC's they must list when they want work release, sometimes my CRS acts up.. ;)

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2011, 01:38:10 PM »
I agree to not get all excited about LO's coming home sooner.  I keep reading about some of you getting papers in the mail 6 months before your LO's outdate.  B is 66 days from coming home and I have received nothing.  I did speak with Field Services at his facility and she told me that my site was approved for his parole site.  He received a paper saying that too. But I have not received any papers in the mail nor has a PO came to the house.  B and I were told by Field Services that he will get his parole plans the day before he comes home. 

So I agree that some facilities are on their game with getting parole plans organized and some wait until the last minute.

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
i am sooo excited and happy for all of you that your l/o will be home soon..
my hubby put in his parole papers about a week ago. nothing was said so fingers crossed....
he also put in for a work release and hoping for the best!!!   :)
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"