• December 11, 2018, 11:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 115485 times)

Offline bmonska

Re: Parole Information
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »
Not certain if this is the correct forum but..... My son's PO gave him a phone number to call in order to schedule his evals.  He was not convicted of a drug offense, but still has to take the substance abuse eval, mental health eval and the anger management eval.  When he called the number he was told that they might be able to squeeze him in for substance abuse/intake at the end of the month, anger management sometime in May, and told him he'd have to contact someone else for the Mental Health portion.  Does this sound correct to anyone???  I advised him to contact his PO for a return call and go over it with her.  They also want $50 a piece for the sessions.  He told her he doesn't have a job and she said that she has to eat too and the charge is $50 each of he wants them.  Also, why is the term "intake" being used in connection w/the substance abuse portion.  He's on EM and has limited movement.  How can he comply with everything under all these circumstances?  I sure could use some quick feedback.  Thanks.
mom, unfortunately regardless of his job situation right now the programs do require that they be paid for by the offender even though they are ordered on parole. Some places used to use a sliding fee scale to help those out who weren't working but I think these days everyone is suffering so the sliding scales might not slide as much as they used to. "Intake" refers to the fact that he'll have to go in and answer the counselor's questions. It's just like an evaluation. It doesn't mean he has to literally stay there, like you would if you checked into the hospital for mental health reasons, it's just another term for basically the paperwork that is completed upon his first session. If I remember correctly, offenders usually have to contact a mental health professional of their choosing outside of places like Triangle, Gateway and the like. Those facilities aren't necessarily mental health facilities. The mental health eval would have to be conducted by a psychologist or psychiatrist which is why he would have to choose a mental health provider and make an appointment with them directly.

As far as complying, once he gets set up with appointment days and times, he should keep in contact with his PO so he/she can make sure he has the appropriate permitted movement. As long as he and his PO are on the same page, and his movement is for those programs he has to take to successfully complete parole, he should be able to complete his parole without a problem.

If I'm wrong in any of this, any one else, feel free to correct me.

Offline klo

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »
J has been on parole fo almost 2 years. He has been on gps and monitor from the start and will stay on it until midnight on Friday. He has been allowed movement for counseling and work. He pays $50/week for counseling. He only got a job in January so income did not matter. He still has to request 5 days in advance to go to the store and that's never a sure thing. Much of it bc he is a SO however it does not matter how far he is in counseling or how well he has behaved. He's passed every drug test, never does anything remotely questionable and calls in even when he thinks he might be late getting home from work due to traffic. He does have to pay for the gps too but I don't recall how much. Regardless of being mandated by parole, he has to pay for the programs or he'd be sent back. The good news for him is that he has 50 hours left!

Offline Still love my son

• ONE DAY AT A TIME.........
  • David Cook Rocked in St Louis 7/18/08!!!
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »

WOW KLO---
So happy for you

BUT............What a broken system you can certainly attest too....

Proud of your endurance girl...not sure I could do what you have done

:wc30:   For you and your family!!!! :wc69:

Offline veracity

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
Thanks Puzzled. Can't wait to share a new perspective when my son calls tonight. I used to tell him about a bitch boss I had years ago but I loved her.  When she worked everyone worked and all ran smooth. But when she was off it was the old cat's away story. He'll relate better to your son's wisdom. Glad you posted.

Offline az32coyote

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
   From what I understand Allied Movers hires felons, .
however I can't work there because of my back.
   Also I know that J.C. Penney's WILL NOT Hire felons. I just went through 3 interviews with them, got hired and in the same breath they told they have to do a background check before I can start. We all know what happened next. That's right I didn't get the job, figures!
   What's wrong with this picture? Town? Country??????? We commit a non violent non repetitive crime and do our time, try hard to to follow the rules, and try to be a good person but we get shot down at every light. s***!,lol  they even teach you to be honest about being a felon on your application. It seems like they want us to fail what the heck! Well I have got news for them I don't give up that easily I will prevale no matter how bad they want me to fail. 
  If I hear of anymore jobs available to us I will post it a.s.a.p. We need to stick together in times like these!!!!   :heaster:

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
Not certain if this is the correct forum but..... My son's PO gave him a phone number to call in order to schedule his evals.  He was not convicted of a drug offense, but still has to take the substance abuse eval, mental health eval and the anger management eval.  When he called the number he was told that they might be able to squeeze him in for substance abuse/intake at the end of the month, anger management sometime in May, and told him he'd have to contact someone else for the Mental Health portion.  Does this sound correct to anyone???  I advised him to contact his PO for a return call and go over it with her.  They also want $50 a piece for the sessions.  He told her he doesn't have a job and she said that she has to eat too and the charge is $50 each of he wants them.  Also, why is the term "intake" being used in connection w/the substance abuse portion.  He's on EM and has limited movement.  How can he comply with everything under all these circumstances?  I sure could use some quick feedback.  Thanks.
"Intake" is done as an original screening.  For example, if the specific agency decides that your loved one doesn't need drug counseling, then they will be advised, and give your loved one paperwork to give to his PO.  It's true, these places DO charge and it can take months to get an appointment.  As others have mentioned, he should let his PO know that the appointments have been made and kept.

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »
Just a silly question... D received 4 1/2 -2@34 a 50% so 2 years, 3 months. With his hard work he'll be out a lil under 2 years. My question, is 2 years parole normal for this length of sentence? Seems long to me, but what do I know?
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
[quote author=jenplus2 link=topic=4150.msg184827#msg184827 date= Thank you. also, that was 4 1/2 years @ 50%. Apparently numbers were locked, sorry.
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »
Just a silly question... D received 4 1/2 -2@34 a 50% so 2 years, 3 months. With his hard work he'll be out a lil under 2 years. My question, is 2 years parole normal for this length of sentence? Seems long to me, but what do I know?

His sentence was cut in 1/2 by day x day good time, so he still has to serve out the rest on parole.  Sometimes if the parolee follows all the rules and does everything they are suppose to, they can and do cut that time in 1/2, so he could do 13 months on parole.    Good Luck hope this is the case for him!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »
Can I go to the PRB when hubby goes for is terms of release? Also, after they turn in their parole plan, they PO contacts me, then come for the home visit, and then PRB meets with him, Is that the process?
Rottie
Rottiemama2003

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 02:38:14 PM »
Can I go to the PRB when hubby goes for is terms of release? Also, after they turn in their parole plan, they PO contacts me, then come for the home visit, and then PRB meets with him, Is that the process?
Rottie

No, the PRB meets with him only. Sometimes the PO does not come out until he is released, all depends on his PO works. Some comes 6 months before.  They have 72 hours in which to come out, from the day he is released.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
Thanks, he will submit his parole plan at 6mos. He said something about a phone number on is plan that I am suppose to call after he submit? I told him that they come when they want to.( meaning when it can be fit in the schedule) which will be in 21 days
Rottiemama2003

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
Thanks, he will submit his parole plan at 6mos. He said something about a phone number on is plan that I am suppose to call after he submit? I told him that they come when they want to.( meaning when it can be fit in the schedule) which will be in 21 days

You might get lucky and get a PO come out, but don't hold your breath, not all do ... You'll get the paperwork in the mail to approve him to parole there, it's called the Host Site Agreement, copy of which is on this board, you can download it and check out the questions.   

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
I take it that not everyone gets a Host Site Agreement in the mail.  In B's case, I received a phone call from the prison.  After I verified my name and address with her, she sent B a note that said his parole plans and site were approved.  I suppose it depends on what they are in prison for?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
Yes, not everyone get's the host site in the mail.  Again, another thing not consistent with IDOC.. I believe, the PO that came out to see me, before my LO was paroled brought it out, went over it with us and we signed it, then gave us a copy.

It doesn't have anything to do what they were in prison for.     

If a guy is paroling to HIS house (he owns), then a HSA does not have to be signed and prior authorization is not needed.

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2011, 04:27:51 PM »
That explains why we didn't get a phone call or the host site agreement prior to my son coming home - he was approved from prison.

However, when the PO came after my son was released, I remember him asking general questions such as what was on the premises - guns, drugs, dogs etc... and I remember my son signing papers...

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »
Thanks for that, because this is our house. And agreement for him to come to his own home? okay paperwork and thanks again for all the input for me to get ready and don't do an over kill on my emotions. Yes, getting excited.
Rottiemama2003

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
I am so excited hubby called and he turned in his parole plans today.  :wc6:  :wc7:
Rottiemama2003

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2011, 07:54:32 PM »
 :wc22:

Offline Mcaballero

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
I am so excited hubby called and he turned in his parole plans today.  :wc6:  :wc7:

Yaayyy!!!!  :wc7: :wc31: :wc18: :wc10:

-Meli XOXO