• October 21, 2018, 10:59:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 112949 times)

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:18 AM »
The parole department used to have GPS boxes for those who just have cell phones and no landline but at the time ( 3 years ago - my brother in law had one because he lived in a hotel/efficiency.  The phones lines went through the main switchboard so the normal box would not work. ) it was considered a temporary solution until he found permanent housing.  I don't know if the parole department still offers this but it is very odd the PO stated you needed no landline.  Most home detentions require a landline.  I think I would question that with the parole department. 
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline Slarange

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 12:14:14 PM »
I have heard that about the dogs as well, but when he came he didn't say anything about my dog (Golden Retriever) he actually played with her & my 8 month old son. I will call them & find out about the whole phone thing. Thanks for the help.

Offline Barker5306

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »
My son is at DuQuoin and will be released January 19, 2011 if all goes well.  His parole officer came Saturday afternoon with no warning.  We started to go over the list until we got to the gun issue (my husband was a hunter and we have all kinds of guns and compound bows/arrows. The PO gave us 1.5 weeks to decide if we will get rid of the guns or refuse to let our son come back to our house.

The PO asked us about our phone, I told him we have a landline, but it has all the bells and whistles, plus internet.  He said his technician could bring something else out so we don't have to get rid of all the extras on our landline.

:wc24:

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »
When our son was home for work release, we were told we had to have a landline that only had call out-call in capabilities.  No call forwarding or waiting.  After many calls, AT&T was able to establish a separate, dedicated, analoge line. Like you, our phone line was bundled with internet, etc.

Offline lovely101

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »
I have a question: My lo called me and apparently some one has been trying to get a hold of me regarding his parole. I'm not sure if it's his parole officer or counselor. Our conversation was cut off today so I didn't get to ask him any other questions. Is there any one I could contact about this? He's in East Moline. Thanks.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2010, 09:21:30 AM »
You can call the prison and ask to speak with his counselor or someone in field services. If they are trying to contact you, it is the quickest way to find out why.

Offline mysol2

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 06:47:08 PM »
 :snowblo:

I am still trying to learn as much as I can, I feel that being informed has really helped dealing with this whole situation.  Can someone explain what happens when someone is released and goes on parole?  I know if they have and ankle bracelet they can only bo out during work time, but what if they are not given one.  Do they have a curfew?  My fiance gets out in June and keeps asking me where we want to go on vacation when he gets out.  I sometimes feel that he is thinking about us taking a vacation as a way of coping with his situation.  It also states on the IDOC website his release date is 6/4/11, but he says that because its a Saturday he will get out on the 3rd because they dont release inmates on the weekend.  Any help on these questions would be great.  Thank you all again for all of your support.

Julie

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 07:00:20 PM »
He is right about being released on the 3rd because the 4th falls on a Saturday,but I hope he plans on vacationing near your home and within miles of it, because inmates area not allowed to leave the state while out on parole and some are given a 60 mile radius that they can go, not all but some, it all depends on his PO.

His PO will give him all his restrictions of his parole and he will wait for that PO the day he gets out, this could take up to 72 hours and he cannot move until that PO gets there.  

If he is paroling to your home, you may be getting a HOST SITE AGREEMENT to sign, just go to our Parole/Re-entry board and you will find a lot information you will need.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mysol2

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 07:09:09 PM »
Thank you so much for the information.  He is currently in Vienna.  I told him that when he is released that I would come and get him.  Does he have a certain amount of time that he gets to get home?  Yes, he will be paroling at our house.  Vienna is about a 7hr drive from our home.  We got invited to a wedding on the 10th of June in Wisconsin, should I be asking his PO if he can get permission to go to it or should he check into that?  I just want to make sure that I have everything in order, plus it sort of takes my mind off of missing him so much.  He was convicted of driving on revoked.  Not sure if that matters or not.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »
They will give him enough time to get home, but he better be home by evening, as the PO can come out and they have to call in when they get home.   You can probably forget about that wedding, he won't be going out of state and if he does and for any reason is stopped, etc, he will be violated.. They are not allowed out of state, so don't get your hopes up. 

He will go to a pre-start program weeks before he is released and will get more information and again it all depends on his PO.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mysol2

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 07:37:41 PM »
Thank you again for all of the great information.  I have no idea what I would do without this sight.  You guys are awesome!!!

Offline ZeUsGuRL

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »
Not sure if this is the right forum but my LO will be getting out March 2011. He has applied for an out-of-state transfer last week to TN but I am trying to find out more information to be proactive. He has coming to his family that lives in TN. Does anyone know what the process is? Thanks in advance.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
In most cases, there is a lot of paperwork to be gathered. He will need proof of a job awaiting him there, or at least something that shows the strong prospect of one. Positive letters of reference from family, friends, and people in the community. About the only thing you could do to help is compile those things.

For more information on Interstate Compacts, you can browse this board:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/board,31.0.html

Good luck to all of you!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »
My hubby was told by an inmate who is about to parole that he (the other inmate not hubby) is going to have to do 90 days electronic monitoring when he's paroled. He them told my hubby he thought that all parolees now have to do some amount of time on electronic monitoring once paroled. Does anyone know if this is true or is it that you have to be sentenced to serve some amount of electronic monitoring while on parole. This got me and my hubby a little confused and he knows not to take inmate info as gospel so he asked me to see if I could find out.

Offline kemos girl

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:45 AM »
My fiance will parole on April 19 and he served a 20 year sentence for a non violent crime and he has 180 days home monitoring but the parole review board told me if he does good then he will get off of it early.

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2011, 03:58:29 PM »
Hopefully someone can come on and post that has had a l/o recently paroled.  B heard the same thing.  But rumors go thru the prison all the time.  Anyone just have a l/o parole that can answer?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
My hubby was told by an inmate who is about to parole that he (the other inmate not hubby) is going to have to do 90 days electronic monitoring when he's paroled. He them told my hubby he thought that all parolees now have to do some amount of time on electronic monitoring once paroled. Does anyone know if this is true or is it that you have to be sentenced to serve some amount of electronic monitoring while on parole. This got me and my hubby a little confused and he knows not to take inmate info as gospel so he asked me to see if I could find out.

All Parolees are not put on electronic monitoring. This is determined at the time the PRB visits an inmate and gives him his rules/regs before they are released.   They decide if EM will be used, if he has to go to Drug Counseling on the outside, Anger Management, etc.. I think I just posted a PRB sheet here on IPT the other day, yes here is the link:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,22539.0.html

This is the PRB Order with the conditions of their parole checked off. NOT everyone is put on EM when they are released on parole.  As you can see from this form, there are 7 things they are recommend and check off.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
Yes, you asked if they can be release early from electronic monitoring...often the required time is cut in half if they've done well on parole, also paroles are cut short sometimes for the same reason...
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline hopefulmom

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 01:32:40 PM »
Not certain if this is the correct forum but..... My son's PO gave him a phone number to call in order to schedule his evals.  He was not convicted of a drug offense, but still has to take the substance abuse eval, mental health eval and the anger management eval.  When he called the number he was told that they might be able to squeeze him in for substance abuse/intake at the end of the month, anger management sometime in May, and told him he'd have to contact someone else for the Mental Health portion.  Does this sound correct to anyone???  I advised him to contact his PO for a return call and go over it with her.  They also want $50 a piece for the sessions.  He told her he doesn't have a job and she said that she has to eat too and the charge is $50 each of he wants them.  Also, why is the term "intake" being used in connection w/the substance abuse portion.  He's on EM and has limited movement.  How can he comply with everything under all these circumstances?  I sure could use some quick feedback.  Thanks.

Offline Puzzled

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
I just wanted to share something here after a f2f visit with my son yesterday.....it really made me think and maybe it's something that may ruffle some feathers but I think it's worth sharing.   My son came out on parole last week.  I saw him yesterday and asked him so which c/o's did you consider the good guys and which were the problem cases at your facility?   I was AMAZED!!! He actually said it was the hardball ones. As he described it the guidelines and the rules are simple....if you can't follow the rules they put out in the prison environment....how the heck is there any chance you can operate with the rules on the outside? Yet there are guys galore who do the most blatant stupid stuff for no other reason then to see if they can get away with it.  It's like betting a hundred bucks to see if you can win 50 cents it's that stupid.  The problem is everybody else suffers for their stupidity too.  Their whole life is about what they can scam or get away with just for zits and giggles and not thinking twice about the price if they get caught or who else pays.  When lax ed guards are in the dayroom there's all kinds of stuff going on going from bad to worse to which if they get get caught everybody suffers.  Put a hard A$$ c/o in there and it's all's quiet.  Inmates know who they can pull things around and who's their worse nightmare if they try...It's like night and day.  Me and my roomies never did much congregated in the dayrooms because that's usually the problem area.  None of us had a problem and even could kid around with them....likewise we didn't deal with the grief ...we didn't try and push their buttons and we weren't looking for more trouble to get into.  Once they realized we weren't hanging out with the problem crew, minding our own business, we could actually talk and kid around with them.  Bottom line if it weren't for those hard A$$ c/o's the place would have been alot worse.  With the overcrowding things changed for the worse big time....they are the ones that really maintained the law an order and protected everybody on the inside whether they want to believe it or not.
“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength.”