• December 12, 2018, 11:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 115519 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #240 on: October 23, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »
I would call them yourself and tell them that you have changed your mind and that she is allowed in your home for the rest of her parole time, maybe coming from you directly they will OK with it. 

1-800-666-6744.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ldurbin33

« Reply #241 on: October 23, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
 :wc38: Forevermah! I will try that when I get home from work. She did hear from her agent that she had before the move and he said he would see what he could do about helping us fix this. None of us want her in prison pregnant. Not even overnight! The stress would not be good for her or the baby.

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #242 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and already answered, but I did not have a chance to scroll through all 13 pages. R and I were talking yesterday about parole, and he said we need to submit an address 6 months before he comes home. I was planning on staying at my parents house until a month or two before he comes home. Can anyone who has been through this advise on how early we have to have an address for him to come home to?

The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #243 on: July 09, 2014, 04:12:39 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and already answered, but I did not have a chance to scroll through all 13 pages. R and I were talking yesterday about parole, and he said we need to submit an address 6 months before he comes home. I was planning on staying at my parents house until a month or two before he comes home. Can anyone who has been through this advise on how early we have to have an address for him to come home to?

Some people submit addresses that far in advance and then things change.  All he has to tell them is that he plans to parole to your house, but your don't have that address yet, maybe 2 months before he gets out you will have a permanent address and he can then submit it.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Amanda.Marks

• Waiting... <3
  • He is my forever....
« Reply #244 on: July 09, 2014, 04:13:41 PM »
Wonderful, Thank you!
The thought of being with you tomorrow, gives me the strength to go on today.

Offline delacerdaa

« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2015, 08:25:47 PM »
We had a parole agent come to my parents house in November 2014 for my brother s parole case. The agent said that he`ll be on parole with the next 90 days. It`s close to it, next month, about the middle, will be 90 days.  Does anyone know what`s going to happen next?  My brother is in work release in chicago right now. 

Offline tiff1983

« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »
My l/o is to be paroled out the 8th of April. He is being paroled to his mothers, due to her age she is unable to travel. Who can go and pick him up? His friend has offered to, but is an ex-con, we have heard a lot of different answers and unsure. There are a lot of rumors that say that he is unable to be around anyone that has ever been convicted of a felony.  :wc50: Help please release date is coming up really soon.

Offline sonshine

« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »
Can anyone that is being released be around anyone that is a felon even if it was a long time ago that they got in trouble

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2015, 06:52:52 PM »
My l/o is to be paroled out the 8th of April. He is being paroled to his mothers, due to her age she is unable to travel. Who can go and pick him up? His friend has offered to, but is an ex-con, we have heard a lot of different answers and unsure. There are a lot of rumors that say that he is unable to be around anyone that has ever been convicted of a felony.  :wc50: Help please release date is coming up really soon.

While on parole, a parolee is not to be around anyone else on parole.

If you look at these Parole Conditions, I don't think it says anything about someone who is totally off of parole.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=26793.0

You can read through that to see if you see anything pertaining to your situation.

When going to a prison to visit, anyone with a conviction usually has to get prior approval to visit, so on the day they pick him up, I don't know if there would be any problems if they just waited in the car and did not go in.

When the PO comes out, he may have additional instructions for the parolee.

Offline sonshine

« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »
I have a question for you mah...my brother got a few dui like 24 years ago it I guess after the 2 or 3 time it's a felon would he have to e permission from the Warren t o see my son?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »
I have a question for you mah...my brother got a few dui like 24 years ago it I guess after the 2 or 3 time it's a felon would he have to e permission from the Warren t o see my son?

Because his record would come up when they do the computer search on him, I would suggest he write to the warden to get permission first, that way no problem of him going all that way and not getting in. 

He did time inside?

Offline sonshine

« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2015, 09:53:35 PM »
No he's never done time..just went to jail when he was younger but bc he got 3 or 4 duo's he got a felon..

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2015, 07:25:00 AM »
No he's never done time..just went to jail when he was younger but bc he got 3 or 4 duo's he got a felon..

I think I still would write the warden in advance, or you could call and ask them beforehand.  If his records come up, they could deny his visit.  He would be added to your sons list no problem, but it's when he goes to visit this could happen.

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
I have a questions about parole. I have heard that one of the conditions of parole is that the person maintain support of their child/ren. My loved one has a daughter who is 17 she will be 18 when he is released, he and the daughter's mother have an agreement that reduced the amount of child support he pays. This agreement was signed off on by both of their lawyers and the judge 5 years ago.

The State of Illinois's child support enforcement, does not recognize that agreement and still charges him monthly and considers him as past due. We have tried for years to get this fixed and they (child support enforcement) won't do anything about it, so according to the State of Illinois, he is behind by $10,000 or so. In reality, according to their agreement signed off on by the judge, he has actually overpaid on his child support.

Will this be a problem and could this cause him to be violated at the door?

Thank you.
He's home!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2015, 11:26:40 AM »
I have a questions about parole. I have heard that one of the conditions of parole is that the person maintain support of their child/ren. My loved one has a daughter who is 17 she will be 18 when he is released, he and the daughter's mother have an agreement that reduced the amount of child support he pays. This agreement was signed off on by both of their lawyers and the judge 5 years ago.

The State of Illinois's child support enforcement, does not recognize that agreement and still charges him monthly and considers him as past due. We have tried for years to get this fixed and they (child support enforcement) won't do anything about it, so according to the State of Illinois, he is behind by $10,000 or so. In reality, according to their agreement signed off on by the judge, he has actually overpaid on his child support.

Will this be a problem and could this cause him to be violated at the door?

Thank you.

Have you checked our posts her about child support, it has been talked about off and on over the years.

Did you file a modification while in prison?  Check this topic

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=10386.0

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2015, 12:00:33 PM »
Not it was done years ago, years before he went into prison. It's been an ongoing battle. They'd take his tax return then get it back. They'd take his driver's license, then give it back. It's been terrible. It's like they (child support enforcement) can't deviate from what was originally in the system. They change it, then it goes right back.
He's home!

Offline jaf

« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2015, 09:28:44 AM »
Since several people on IPT are back for a second time, I thought I'd ask you what questions you wish you would have asked the Parole officer before your LO came home?

I'm trying to wade through the zillion pages on parole, but may not have time before they get here!

They are coming to our house in a few days, so I'm trying to think what to ask. 
I know the basics about weapons and dogs.

Thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2015, 10:36:35 AM »
Jaf, take a look at the Host Site Agreement I have posted, there are things listed  there you might have more questions about.

If you have dogs, make sure you know what the PO's stance are on those, sometimes they differ.

Ask about stings too, if they happen what are they allowed/can check in the house.

They will probably know if your LO is required to do drug classes or anger management, any questions you might have about those ask.

When they visit, will they just come over or call your LO first. 

If he is on monitor, how does all that work, do you have to have a landline or cell phone hookup, how far from phone will he be allowed before it goes off. Will he have time outside of the house and when/how long/hours on what days/

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2015, 10:46:38 AM »
I have a list of questions at home that I made to ask the P.O. when he came to approve our house.  Among them were requesting movement (how far in advance), limits on the number of people who could be in the house at one time, my hubby will be on electronic monitor so I wanted to know about limits on movement, would he be able to shovel the sidewalks in winter and mow the whole yard in the summer. How to handle potential medical emergencies. I'll check my list at home and see what other ones I might have missed.
He's home!

Offline Donandkat

« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2017, 11:07:38 AM »
I have a ? My loved one was in front of parole board 2 days ago they told him he would be getting 6 months house arrest. So my ? Is what type of phone can it be cordless can it have an answering machine. Ty for your help.