• October 17, 2018, 11:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 112701 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #220 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
I have a question. Ya'll might not be able to help me but it is worth a shot. My boyfriend is incarcerated in Taylorville serving a 2 year sentence. His out date is 3/19/2014 with 4 years of parole. How would we know if he will just be on parole or if he will have to be on house arrest? Will they tell him that when his time gets closer? He is in a class which he was told will cut his sentence by 3 months which will put him getting out in Dec so we are trying to get everything lined up and kind of know where we will be standing once he is released. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..

He got 4 years parole on a 2 year sentence????  I hope that was a typo.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline shelb2005

« Reply #221 on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »
I have a question. Ya'll might not be able to help me but it is worth a shot. My boyfriend is incarcerated in Taylorville serving a 2 year sentence. His out date is 3/19/2014 with 4 years of parole. How would we know if he will just be on parole or if he will have to be on house arrest? Will they tell him that when his time gets closer? He is in a class which he was told will cut his sentence by 3 months which will put him getting out in Dec so we are trying to get everything lined up and kind of know where we will be standing once he is released. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..

Nope that is correct. I thought it was a little excessive too...
Together forever Never apart Maybe in distance but Never in Heart!
]

Offline shelb2005

« Reply #222 on: June 04, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »

Nope that is correct. I thought it was a little excessive too... Here is what is on the IDOC website:
ADMISSION / RELEASE / DISCHARGE INFO

Admission Date:  03/26/2013
Projected Parole Date:  03/19/2014
Last Paroled Date: 
Projected Discharge Date:  03/19/2018
]

Offline shelb2005

« Reply #223 on: June 04, 2013, 02:56:29 PM »
Before he is released, he will be given a list of conditions/restrictions for his parole. When his PO comes out to see him after release (usually within 48 hours of getting home), he/she could possibly give further instructions.  It is VERY important that your loved one NOT leave the house until the PO comes out.
Thank you very much.
]

Offline sweets92

« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2013, 06:09:42 PM »
So, my boyfriend called me this evening telling me that his teacher told him today that he should be coming home tomorrow because it is his last day of school and after that he should have an immediate release, also his teacher made all the calls and informed everyone that he is done tomorrow so he can come home. So, my questions are, how reliable is the teacher with this information? Should we get our hopes up? And my other question is, will they call me or will my boyfriend call? And another question is, will I need to bring anything to pick him up and what should I expect to happen when I get him?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2013, 07:16:45 PM »
So, my boyfriend called me this evening telling me that his teacher told him today that he should be coming home tomorrow because it is his last day of school and after that he should have an immediate release, also his teacher made all the calls and informed everyone that he is done tomorrow so he can come home. So, my questions are, how reliable is the teacher with this information? Should we get our hopes up? And my other question is, will they call me or will my boyfriend call? And another question is, will I need to bring anything to pick him up and what should I expect to happen when I get him?

Good Luck to him/you, I hope the prison/Springfield get the paperwork done quickly and you get a call soon to pick him up.

You won't need anything to pick him up, just be sure you get him home so that he can call the parole 800# when he gets there and know that he cannot move after that call until his PO comes, this could take up to 48 -72 hours.

Best to him!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2013, 08:19:53 AM »
Just had a parole compliance check.......3 Idoc officers and 2 police officers. They came in and searched.  Everything is is ok but it was really scary. It felt like a raid.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »
 :wc30:  I know how that feels and it is scary and so invading ... glad it's over for you, I know I would never want to go through that again.

In case anyone reading this wants to know, anytime your LO is on Parole they can do a search of the house, mostly in the room/area your LO lives, his room etc. and this could be more than one official doing this.  It is very upsetting and something I would not wish on anyone! Even if there is nothing to hide, it is still upsetting.

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
When I opened the door and saw all of them I was so worried that my son had did something wrong.  I can't even imangine what my neighbors are thinking. The idoc officers were nice but the police officers were being jerks they don't like my son at all.  They searched his room and looked around the kitchen.  One police officer did look in my bedroom but didn't search

Offline lori491999

« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2013, 09:12:34 AM »
That sounds awful.  I can't imagine how scared kids would be if you had some in the house.  Ugh.  

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
The PO that was in my house, was not my normal one and the comments that came our of their mouth was uncalled for as far as I was concerned, but you cannot say anything, just glad that he was off of parole soon after that and we never have to go through that again, it still upsets me!

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »
When they search, are they respectful of your things or do they toss like they do in the facility?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
When they search, are they respectful of your things or do they toss like they do in the facility?

They pretty much went through my son's room/closet tossing things around, I didn't think it was respectful.  He even commented on it when he got home from work later that day.

I am sure they were looking for some kind of contraband etc. 

Offline lori491999

« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »

They pretty much went through my son's room/closet tossing things around, I didn't think it was respectful.  He even commented on it when he got home from work later that day.

I am sure they were looking for some kind of contraband etc. 

I understand the "why" they do it, but I have to say, if this does happen to my l/o once he is home, I just hope that I'm not home for it because I would have a heck of a time keeping my big fat temper under control  :wc73:

Offline mikaelarose

« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
Oh did I mention they had him handcuffed until the search was over? I am still shaken up a bit. On the positive side at least my son now knows how serious this whole thing is and hopefully won't make any bad choices.

Offline forevrbyurside

« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2013, 08:22:38 PM »
hello everyone! so my husband was charged with aggravated domestic battery and sentenced to 3 years at 85%. we basically knew from the beginning that he would have 4 years parole which I had never heard of before. this long journey of him being gone is almost over ( 12 days to be exact, which im super excited about!) but he just recieved papers stating that he will be on electronic monitoring for the duration of his parole. does this mean all 4 years he will actually have a bracelet on? im so confused and he cant seem to get any answers either... anyone else in a similar situation or heard of this before?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #236 on: October 20, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
The length of time spent hooked up to the monitor is decided by the PRB and his parole officer. For most, it is only a few months.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:19 AM »
hello everyone! so my husband was charged with aggravated domestic battery and sentenced to 3 years at 85%. we basically knew from the beginning that he would have 4 years parole which I had never heard of before. this long journey of him being gone is almost over ( 12 days to be exact, which im super excited about!) but he just recieved papers stating that he will be on electronic monitoring for the duration of his parole. does this mean all 4 years he will actually have a bracelet on? im so confused and he cant seem to get any answers either... anyone else in a similar situation or heard of this before?

My (ex) LOs paperwork also stated he was to be on the ankle bracelet for the duration of his parole.  It was removed after 6 months. 

Offline treats

« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
My l/o was told he will be under house arrest for 60 days when he is released. I don't understand why, but I am not complaining, I am just glad that he will be home in 5 weeks.

Offline ldurbin33

« Reply #239 on: October 23, 2013, 08:14:11 AM »
Help! When my daughter first asked if she could parole to my home, I said "no" but since her release she hasn't been able to find a job in the area where she paroled to and she managed to get pregnant. The father of the baby kicked her out and she went to live with some friends. She still hasn't been able to find a job. She came for a visit and found a job so we decided to allow her to live in our home. She moved over to our home and called IDOC with the change of address and to check in and they told her since we had denied her to parole to our home, she wouldn't be allowed to stay there and that she had to find another place to live. She doesn't have any other place to go. Since she is pregnant, the homeless shelter will not accept her. What do we do now? Will she be taken back to prison? She only has less than a month left on parole. We don't understand what we should do. She told her parole agent of her plans and he was ok with it. He didn't tell her that she couldn't be at my home. She has been there a couple of times before to visit. What do we do now?