• December 12, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 115512 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »
not sure where to post this question. My guy is under a year now, when should I be hearing from field services to approve our home or anything regarding his parole?

Did he live in this home before he went in, is it his home?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »
Yes, it is his house.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
Yes, it is his house.

If it's his house, there is no need for confirmation and for you to sign anything.  A PO could still contact you closer to the time he gets out, just to check, but I wouldn't worry about now. 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »
Thank you, I will let my lo know this as well. I just worry about everything lately. No wonder the doctor is concerned about my bp.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »
Thank you, I will let my lo know this as well. I just worry about everything lately. No wonder the doctor is concerned about my bp.

:wc30:  Calm down, it will all work out.  It's all been written, you can't change it  everything has a way of working itself out.  You have 10 months yet, don't let this get you already, you'll have plenty time for that the last month   :wc35:

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2013, 05:30:50 PM »
Thank you Mah

Offline Patience13

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
How soon does an inmate sign his discharge paperwork before he is released? Without good time my l/o is due to come home this September, I was just curious...

Offline jcruz1104

• Always & Forever "Just Us"
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2013, 02:10:49 PM »
How soon does an inmate sign his discharge paperwork before he is released? Without good time my l/o is due to come home this September, I was just curious...

It depends on the facility. Some are on top of things and do it about a year before, others when there is only a month left. if the paper work is done in advance that doesn't mean your l/o will be home sooner, just means the facility is on top of things.
& he said to me "the level you think i love you is way more then you can imagine, we all we got"

Offline Patience13

« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »
Thanks!!

Offline ldurbin33

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2013, 08:35:55 AM »
For various reasons my daughter can not parole to my home when she is released. We need some information regarding half-way houses and what the criteria is for a parole site.  She isn't supposed to be released until the end of November but with the good time being back she may be out sooner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :wc38:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2013, 11:18:45 AM »
For various reasons my daughter can not parole to my home when she is released. We need some information regarding half-way houses and what the criteria is for a parole site.  She isn't supposed to be released until the end of November but with the good time being back she may be out sooner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :wc38:

Go to our Parole Re-Entry board where some Half-Way Houses are listed.  Not sure where the IDOC will send her, but you can get general information.

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?board=54.0

Offline ldurbin33

« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2013, 09:37:49 AM »
Thanks for the help. I guess we will just have wait & see where they send her. Will she get any say in where she goes?

Offline add70schild

« Reply #212 on: May 09, 2013, 03:39:05 PM »
Hello all -

I received the parole site papers before Christmas, filled them out and sent them back in. My fiancé asked his counselor about 2-3 weeks after I sent the papers in if he was approved or not because we hadn't heard anything. The counselor confirmed that he indeed was approved to parole to my apartment.

Everything has been fine and dandy...just waiting for August 28, 2013 (his PPD). The he called me last Wednesday to tell me that he received a paper from the Parole Board stating that he has to wear an ankle monitor for 120 days. Ok, we'll work through it...no problem. Then Sunday came - his Parole officer attempted to come in to my apartment to approve the location for my fiancé’s release. I ended up talking to him on the phone and he approved the site based on his trip out when I wasn't home. So then on that Monday his counselor came up to him and informed him that his file is being reviewed for May 30, 2013 release and that a Parole Officer should be visiting his parole site shortly. My fiancé told him that the PO was there Sunday.

If all is true then May 30th will be the 90 days his lawyer said he's eligible for once he's sentenced.... my question is, how will be know for sure that he will be released on May 30th until May 30th comes around? I know he'll have to complete a day of parole school and then they will test him for the HIV/etc before he's released so I guess we'll just wait to see if in the next 3 weeks he'll go through these things or not. My fiancé says he's not going to get excited because he'll believe it when he sees it and he's still assuming he's being released on Aug 28th.

Has anyone else gone through this where they've let their loved one out early?? I thought it was kind of odd that his Parole Officer came out 4 months before he's release. But this just also may be protocol. Can anyone shed some insight on this for me?? Thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »
If all is true then May 30th will be the 90 days his lawyer said he's eligible for once he's sentenced.... my question is, how will be know for sure that he will be released on May 30th until May 30th comes around? I know he'll have to complete a day of parole school and then they will test him for the HIV/etc before he's released so I guess we'll just wait to see if in the next 3 weeks he'll go through these things or not. My fiancé says he's not going to get excited because he'll believe it when he sees it and he's still assuming he's being released on Aug 28th.

They have begun releasing guys on the new sentence credit, so his date should change on his profile page with the new date of May 30th.

If he is receiving SSC/goodtime, he should also receive paperwork stating that. 

Good Luck, hope it all works out for him, May 30th is right around the corner.

You can also check our Early Release board for more information on the new SSC/Sentence Credits.

Offline add70schild

« Reply #214 on: May 09, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »
How long ahead of time will he receive the paperwork? The calculations sheet?

He has an Aggrivated DUI/death of another and was told that he wouldn't get any good time because he's considered a 'violent' criminal. He is on the road crew at his facility where he leaves everyday to either go into Springifield or other cities. He has been on this road crew job for a few years now and before that he was a TA for Horticulture. He also has a job in there where he helps with intake of new inmates. Soooo, my point is, he was first told that he may not get the road crew job because he was considered a 'violent' criminal but like I said, he's been on it for a few years now. I read the new release program and it sounds like he's ellligible. Like I said before, when he was sentenced - his lawyer told him that he's elligible for the 90 days early release. May 30th is in 3 weeks so I'm actually wondering if this is enough time for the Parold Board and IDOC to get all this paperwork completed and to him before May 30th.

I looked at the paperwork for his monitor stipulations that he sent home and it looks as tho (from the date on the paperwork) that this process has been ongoing since March 8th. You're saying that 2 weeks before he gets out - if he does get out on May 30th that the website will show a different date than what it is now IF he is going to be released May 30th? If that's the case then I should get an allert from Vine next week then.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated!

Offline add70schild

« Reply #215 on: May 17, 2013, 07:54:02 AM »
Good morning,

Quick question.... typically, how long after an inmate goes through parole school could they be released from IDOC? Is it the normal process to do this 3 months ahead of his release date?

Happy Friday!!  :wc1:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #216 on: May 17, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Good morning,

Quick question.... typically, how long after an inmate goes through parole school could they be released from IDOC? Is it the normal process to do this 3 months ahead of his release date?

Happy Friday!!  :wc1:

Yes, that is normal, some do it six months before, all depends on how on the ball the prison is. 

Offline shelb2005

« Reply #217 on: June 04, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
I have a question. Ya'll might not be able to help me but it is worth a shot. My boyfriend is incarcerated in Taylorville serving a 2 year sentence. His out date is 3/19/2014 with 4 years of parole. How would we know if he will just be on parole or if he will have to be on house arrest? Will they tell him that when his time gets closer? He is in a class which he was told will cut his sentence by 3 months which will put him getting out in Dec so we are trying to get everything lined up and kind of know where we will be standing once he is released. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance..
Together forever Never apart Maybe in distance but Never in Heart!
]

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
Before he is released, he will be given a list of conditions/restrictions for his parole. When his PO comes out to see him after release (usually within 48 hours of getting home), he/she could possibly give further instructions.  It is VERY important that your loved one NOT leave the house until the PO comes out.

Offline lovinhim11

• lovin my man
« Reply #219 on: June 04, 2013, 12:44:07 PM »
When they give him his parole plans which is about 3 months before release. If im wrong someone please correct me. But that is when mine got his still waiting on them to come and inspect the house and he has only 2 months and 3 weeks so u never know. Just really have to wait and see.