• October 21, 2018, 11:00:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 112951 times)

Offline afather

Re: Parole Information
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »
She has never been introuble before and on all her paper work dosent say what she has to do . on her idoc page is says parole 4/16/2014. However she just wrote home says she gets no good time credit and no days credit althou she has been in Wells for like 3 months now. She did send a message to records cause that dont seem right and none of her court paper work lists these restrictions

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2012, 02:43:07 PM »
She has never been introuble before and on all her paper work dosent say what she has to do . on her idoc page is says parole 4/16/2014. However she just wrote home says she gets no good time credit and no days credit althou she has been in Wells for like 3 months now. She did send a message to records cause that dont seem right and none of her court paper work lists these restrictions

Hopefully she gets it all straightened out, but for now you can with the 4/2014 date.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline veracity

« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »
"""She has never been introuble before and on all her paper work dosent say what she has to do . on her idoc page is says parole 4/16/2014. However she just wrote home says she gets no good time credit and no days credit althou she has been in Wells for like 3 months now. She did send a message to records cause that dont seem right and none of her court paper work lists these restrictions"""

I know it doesn't seem right but sadly it is. Attempt crimes are considered inchoate crimes and they are not eligible for school or treatment credit. We are not sure if inchoate crimes will be eligible for the new sentencing credits if it ever comes back as the only section of the code that specifically talks of inchoate crimes is the section referring to school & treatment credits.

It never made sense to me either but apparently our legislature decided those who failed to successfully commit a crime should have an extra little punishment than those who were successful.

Offline brooke89

« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
My l/o thing on idoc is saying he should parole 5/30/2013 but that is without good time completely back of course. He is paroling to his mothers house & she has already recieved a letter asking her permission for him to parole there & it had to be returned within 7 days...does it mean anything to be getting it so early??? Any info is appreciated! Thank you!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
My l/o thing on idoc is saying he should parole 5/30/2013 but that is without good time completely back of course. He is paroling to his mothers house & she has already recieved a letter asking her permission for him to parole there & it had to be returned within 7 days...does it mean anything to be getting it so early??? Any info is appreciated! Thank you!

It means that the prison he is at is on top of things and just in case the new sentence credit (early release) program starts back up, they will be ready.  Please don't get your hopes up about anything other than that.  If your LO is able to take any classes/programs he could earn a bit more time off.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Bettylou

« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »
Hi my question is how long do you have to wait before moving out from your parole site?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »
Hi my question is how long do you have to wait before moving out from your parole site?

Not sure what you mean, sorry, can you explain more?

Offline Bettylou

« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2012, 12:00:51 AM »
A friend of mine is being paroled to his ex girlfriends house that is the house where he was approved. She told him he could use her house as the parole site. He wants to find out how long would he have to stay there before he could move out?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #188 on: November 13, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
It all depends on his PO. They have to approve any move.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2012, 06:59:11 AM »
Once he is out on parole and has met with his parole officer, he then needs to talk to him about any moves he would make and then it has to be approved by his PO and Springfield/IDOC.

He needs to be 100% sure that all the paperwork and approval is set before he makes a move or he will be picked up on a parole violation and taken back to IDOC.  They are very strict with this. 

Hope it all works out for him!

Offline Bettylou

« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
Thank you so much for your help I will let him know

Offline brooke89

« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2012, 12:53:44 AM »
I was wanting information on the cost of house arrest but cant seem to find if there is a topic on here about it, does anyone have any information??? Thank you :)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #192 on: November 14, 2012, 07:06:48 AM »
I was wanting information on the cost of house arrest but cant seem to find if there is a topic on here about it, does anyone have any information??? Thank you :)

You have to pay for the phone line/connection that the anklet hooks to when they get out.  Some guys are hooked to an anklet that hooks to a home phone line and some to a cell phone hookup.   Either hookup is your expense, they will supply the equipment/anklet.

Offline brooke89

« Reply #193 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
Right, but doesnt it cost each month a certain amount?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #194 on: November 21, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Right, but doesnt it cost each month a certain amount?

Yes, you have to pay whatever the phone bill is to hook the unit to.  The unit does not cost anything.

Offline bwoods

« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2012, 03:35:57 AM »
Hi, my friend is set to be released on 12/26/12, her original parole site was set for her dad's house, but things changed and it she has to stay with her mom now. She put in multiple requests to speak to a counselor about her release, but they've only just met with her this past Thursday (12/20/12) They informed her that they still had her dad's house as her parole site. She let them know she's going to be at her mother's house, and her mom was contacted by phone and told that an agent would have to come and inpsect her home. My question is, will it be possible for an agent to inspect the home before her release date on the 26th? Im sure it probably takes time and I doubt they'd do it this close to Christmas. Her mother hasnt even signed anything yet, if the home isn't inspected by the time of her release, where will they send her? Sorry I wrote a novel just to get the story out, but any information would really help

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
Hi, my friend is set to be released on 12/26/12, her original parole site was set for her dad's house, but things changed and it she has to stay with her mom now. She put in multiple requests to speak to a counselor about her release, but they've only just met with her this past Thursday (12/20/12) They informed her that they still had her dad's house as her parole site. She let them know she's going to be at her mother's house, and her mom was contacted by phone and told that an agent would have to come and inpsect her home. My question is, will it be possible for an agent to inspect the home before her release date on the 26th? Im sure it probably takes time and I doubt they'd do it this close to Christmas. Her mother hasnt even signed anything yet, if the home isn't inspected by the time of her release, where will they send her? Sorry I wrote a novel just to get the story out, but any information would really help

Could be they will release her and come out after she gets out, this happens alot.  She just needs to be sure that the prison has her mothers location down as to where she is suppose to go.  She doesn't want to get caught up in a violation right from the start. 

Offline bwoods

« Reply #197 on: December 25, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
Forevermah deserves a medal IPT members, somebody get on it!!!

Offline punksgirl

« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
not sure where to post this question. My guy is under a year now, when should I be hearing from field services to approve our home or anything regarding his parole?

Offline nikkibaby26

« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »
not sure where to post this question. My guy is under a year now, when should I be hearing from field services to approve our home or anything regarding his parole?

I got parole papers for my l/o and  already sent them back and his out date isnt until 3-7-2014!
“When I saw you, I was afraid to meet you... When I met you, I was afraid to kiss you... When I kissed you, I was afraid to love you... Now that I love you, I'm afraid to lose you.”