• December 12, 2018, 11:03:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 115510 times)

Offline mina0815

Re: Parole Information
« Reply #160 on: August 31, 2011, 05:35:42 PM »
Congrats to your homecoming soon.... I have been waiting for my lo 48 mos... still have til March until we are reunited... I can't wait..... I miss him so much and these last mos seemed so much slower..... My nerves are bad as well....... This site helps alot though... Thank to all you guys for making things easier to deal with and responding to my questions over the past few months.......

Offline acacia91

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
To my understanding when a lo is going to be paroling out they will need an address to give months in advance. I will not have one for him until a few weeks, maybe a month, before he is released. He is able to use his father's address in the meantime. My question is would is be easier to let him parole out to his father's then put in papers to move with me? Or should he try to change his parole plan to my address weeks before he is released? I dont want anything delaying his time to be released. Also he will be released from Bootcamp, therefore will be on "house arrest" for 90 days. Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #162 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:44 AM »
My hubby is so concerned about having ID when he get home, and i ask why and he remembered a lawabout a person with ID can be locked up then that will make a violation.. does anyone know the name of that. If so it is something to think about for all up coming parolees
Rottie
Rottiemama2003

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #163 on: September 01, 2011, 06:19:17 AM »
Good question & food for thought, Rottie. I'm not sure of all this. we got lucky enough to have gotten D's ID right before he went in & it hasn't expired YET. 
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2011, 07:13:22 AM »
Try this topic, Mamacita gives information on Social Security and other things, I think there are things they can help them with inside too :

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,21863.0.html

Once the parolee is granted movement, they can go get a state ID/drivers license and take care of getting anything else they have to.  Rottie, you can send him a copy of the Rules of the Road, so he can be studying these last few months.

Be sure you have their birth certificates as this is one piece of information you will need and he will have discharge paperwork from IDOC that he might carry once he is able to get out to get these ID's.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline robbiesgirl

« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
Congrats on the releases Ladies, very happy for you all  :wc7: :wc7: :wc7: :wc7:

As far as the ID's go I believe my fiance told me that he was told they will help with getting his SS card and temp ID's before he comes home so we don't have any problems getting an ID, I sent him the rules of the road a while back so he has been studying that.

Offline babydoll

« Reply #166 on: September 01, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Can anyone tell me when the po does come, are they able to do whatever whenever and what if his dad does the tough love stuff and tells him I gave you a week, your out, I don't ask my lo or his dad what they agreed too, Im scared of the answers. I totally understand his dads feelings being he is a widower and likes when he is home alone, he has 7 kids 24 grandkids 2 great grandbabies. but i am scared that he will say get out.
When do they know what time to be picked up, we talked before and he told me at 8am, is it different at different facilities, he is at hill.
thank you for any answers!!!

Offline janetzavala76

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2011, 04:37:15 AM »
My husband is being released on December 27th 2011 and his parole officer called from an unavailable number and then just showed up at my house and no one was home.He hasnt called back again and Ive been trying to contact him on the 800# but no luck...!!Will they still release him even though my house hasnt been approved???Does anyone know where i can call for info or who I can contact??Any help is appreciated..!!

Offline whymyson

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2011, 08:16:59 AM »
They will probably come back. You can call the 800 number again and leave a message, maybe a good time to for them to come back, but in my experience they don't call back, just show up, even late at night. Good luck.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
Try this topic, Mamacita gives information on Social Security and other things, I think there are things they can help them with inside too :

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,21863.0.html

Once the parolee is granted movement, they can go get a state ID/drivers license and take care of getting anything else they have to.  Rottie, you can send him a copy of the Rules of the Road, so he can be studying these last few months.

Be sure you have their birth certificates as this is one piece of information you will need and he will have discharge paperwork from IDOC that he might carry once he is able to get out to get these ID's.

What if he doesn't have his birth certificate? Then what?

Offline mamacita1

• Support Staff
  • Hope Springs Eternal
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
If your loved one was born in cook county, then check out the following site.  I am sure other counties offer similar services.  http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/birthcertificates/Pages/default.aspx

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
My husband is being released on December 27th 2011 and his parole officer called from an unavailable number and then just showed up at my house and no one was home.He hasnt called back again and Ive been trying to contact him on the 800# but no luck...!!Will they still release him even though my house hasnt been approved???Does anyone know where i can call for info or who I can contact??Any help is appreciated..!!

They usually call again, but you could call the field service agent at the facility. Answer those unavailable numbers. I had the same experience.

Rottie
Rottiemama2003

Offline mina0815

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
My experience with the PO, he came out when I wasn't at home but he left a note stating to contact the 800 number with my schedule for the next seven days. But since he didn't live a note. I would Google the parole office in the area, call that number and tell them the situation. They could get a message sooner to the PO.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »
If your loved one was born in cook county, then check out the following site.  I am sure other counties offer similar services.  http://www.cookcountyclerk.com/vitalrecords/birthcertificates/Pages/default.aspx

He was born in FL...Orlando Co. I believe. I'll look it up. Thanks mamacita!  sillydeer

Offline feuxdejoie

« Reply #174 on: July 09, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
If I am the "Host Site" and I know of violations should I report them?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #175 on: July 09, 2012, 11:05:01 AM »
If I am the "Host Site" and I know of violations should I report them?

Do you want him to leave, to be sent back?  Is it something that can be worked out with your LO?  Do you want him to move to another parole location?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline feuxdejoie

« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »
I have tried talking to him, he isn't respecting some of the conditions of Parole.  I am confused and hurt because if I try to talk to him, he blows up.  I don't know what to do.  I don't want him to go back in...but don't want to be responsible if something happens while he is running amuck.  Help.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #177 on: July 09, 2012, 11:14:40 AM »
If you want him to leave and he has somewhere else to go, he must find the place and notify his PO first before he can make that move, or he will be violated.

If you just want him out, you can call the main 800 parole # and talk to someone there, letting them know. 

1-800-666-6744

I wish you the best with all this, I know it's not easy!

Offline afather

Re: Parole Information help
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
My girlfriend. Was sentenced to 6 years.  For attempted arm robbery /no firearm. She has no background she was sentenced on 10/13/2011 when would she get parole?! 

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
My girlfriend. Was sentenced to 6 years.  For attempted arm robbery /no firearm. She has no background she was sentenced on 10/13/2011 when would she get parole?! 

If she was sentenced to six years@ 50% she would do 3 and her out day should be 10/13/14, of course this could change if she takes and gets credit for  classes/programs and is eligible for the new *sentence credit* and anytime she was in county prior to being moved to IDOC.

Has she been in before, if not then she could earn credit (extra time off) for classes/programs.

She would then have to do parole(MSR).  What does her page say on IDOC website, out date from prison and off parole?