• October 21, 2018, 11:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 112952 times)

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
Re: Parole Information
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 09:36:53 AM »
Quick question... When I spoke w/Field Services, they said he (as of right now), will not be on an anklet, but things can Change. Is there a time frame for knowing for sure? He has a little over 7 weeks.
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:59 AM »
Quick question... When I spoke w/Field Services, they said he (as of right now), will not be on an anklet, but things can Change. Is there a time frame for knowing for sure? He has a little over 7 weeks.

As you well know by now, anything with IDOC can change in a second, but if he has been told already, he won't be on one, I would take it for that and not worry.    Has he talked to the PRB yet, what did they tell him?
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline RT

« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2011, 01:43:15 AM »
The PRB will decide his stipulations. Sometimes they get the stipulations out after the guy has already left. The only inmates that see the PRB are those with C numbers and violators upon re-entry to the system.

Rick
"Imprisonment has become the response of first resort to far too many of our social problems."
-- Angela Davis

Offline JTMH

• Sheridan
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
Hi, This is probably a dumb question, but my Husband is getting out on Oct 7 and he has not been asked or signed anything to where he is being paroled to yet. I was wondering when do they do that he is at Sheridan? So how do they know if he has a home or rents?
                                                                Thanks Judy
Looking for people who have L/O in Sheridan. Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2011, 07:43:59 AM »
Hi, This is probably a dumb question, but my Husband is getting out on Oct 7 and he has not been asked or signed anything to where he is being paroled to yet. I was wondering when do they do that he is at Sheridan? So how do they know if he has a home or rents?
                                                                Thanks Judy

I think I just answered this question for you, let me see if I can find it.. I'll post the link..

Here is the whole topic:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php/topic,24279.msg193069.html#msg193069
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JTMH

• Sheridan
« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
Thanks I am just so nervous :wc59:
Looking for people who have L/O in Sheridan. Thanks

Offline bmonska

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
I have a question about the phone requirement for parolees. Does anyone know if parole allows VOIP (Voice Over Internet Provider) services like Vonage or do the land lines have to be with your actual local phone company? My hubby asked his counselor. She told him that was a good question and that no one had ever asked that before and that she had no idea so he didn't get an answer.

Offline kisha28

« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2011, 02:05:57 AM »
I called field services and they tould
 as long as they are not on EMS when the
Come home to call in and report they can use anyone land line but after that you can use cell phone whatever you choose to call your PO but then again he said depending on the PO but he said if they not on restrictions that is rite but they might change it because they can do whatever  :wc72:

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2011, 08:07:40 AM »
Dont know if i am posting at the right place or not .....But I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited got a call from Parole agent got approved over the phone.... He had not gotten one of my messages from that 800# only what the field service agent at the prison sent him....... But that is okay but he is coming home..... I am so happy that is behind us maybe he will stop stressing. Got to go get dress on my way to visit missed yesterday had to take grand son for CT scan

HAPPY Rottie
Rottiemama2003

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
Dont know if i am posting at the right place or not .....But I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited got a call from Parole agent got approved over the phone.... He had not gotten one of my messages from that 800# only what the field service agent at the prison sent him....... But that is okay but he is coming home..... I am so happy that is behind us maybe he will stop stressing. Got to go get dress on my way to visit missed yesterday had to take grand son for CT scan

HAPPY Rottie

101010   :wc7:    :wc59:    :wc6:

I can feel your happiness!!  Only 5 more months Rottie, we are going to have to tie you down to make you concentrate these next few months..  :wc35:

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »
And make sure the rope is strong.... I went to see him today and he was so relieved.... I also understand how arguements get started when they have STD (short timers disease) , but i am also learning from all of you... Like KatieM and the 800# so many other things...They are being told one thing in there and the parole agents are doing it different out here. Thanks

Rottie
Rottiemama2003

Offline robbiesgirl

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Now I know the name of it STD (Short Timers Disease) we have definetly had our issues the past couple of months I am guessing it is because of this stupid illness I believe we both have. LOL Anyway glad you got approved for parole. My fiance had me call field services and I did he stated that everything was fine unless his parole stipulations changed which they did, now today my fiance got more parole papers to fill out which he did, hopefully I will be hearing from someone to come visit the house or something soon. He comes home in less than 4 months and I just hate this waiting.

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2011, 10:32:05 PM »
That disease has cause a many on pre home coming stress   :wc35:
Rottiemama2003

Offline bmonska

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
Visited hubby today at Pittsfield. He said that a PO came on Thursday to do their pre-start class. He said the PO announced to the group that lately "95% of the DUI parolees are being put on the ankle monitor." He also announced that, apparently, the group of soon-to-be-released parolees in my husbands group are part of the 5% of DUI offenders who DON'T have to wear the ankle bracelet. The PO told them "Don't ask me why. They just tell us what you have to do and we tell you." He said there was no explanation, just that's the way it has been a while and will continue to be until they are told otherwise and he doesn't know why exactly that particular group of inmates are exempt. I, personally, don't care why as it means my hubby will have no movement restrictions while on parole. He also said the PO told them than DUI is the ONLY offense in which they will never be released early from parole. The PO explained to them that M.A.D.D rallied in the past for that to be the case. He told them if they thought they'd only have to do half their parole and get released early think again and be prepared to do the entire parole time. The PO told them that they could have killed someone and been off parole early if the PO saw good behavior but if that killing happened in conjunction with a DUI they'd have to do the whole parole. He said the whole "class" only took about an hour and a half.

Offline TimeStandsStill

• Mod Squad
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:37 AM »
Thanks for posting that information (for a future reference) bmonska. ....I gave you a Karma for that :-)

Offline mina0815

« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2011, 04:49:53 PM »
I'm happy for you rottie..... I'm very anxious for my lo to come home, and I'm making a big move to IL Sept.15th, He gets out March 2012 is that enough time for the Parole office/agent to talk to me or visit my home so it can get approved. I'm rushing because my lo is being stressing out and me out about this move. Field services has been asking him questions about his parole address.. He thinks if he doesn't has a place to move too then he will get revoked. His family all have section 8 and he can't be there, so I'm the only one he has, but its hard/ alot of pressure...

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2011, 05:20:52 PM »
Make sure where ever you move it is comfortable for you as well, and that you are safe. Dont just rely on his family idea of where you should live, their ideas may not meet your standard. Make sure it is close to places you like to visit and suits your taste in food and entertainment as well a jobs.I made a move like that over 20 years ago and that is what i did. Wish you the best

Rottiemama2003

Offline kp18437

« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »
I just found out this morning that my home is all approved and we're good to go.  His outdate is mid January. They told my husband yesterday and he forgot to tell me.  He called at 5:30 this morning to let me know!  Yay! 
 :wc7:

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2011, 05:28:08 PM »
kp, we will be ice skating to the prisons..... lets get them sharpened.  I am so glad for you. Things looking better and better. It feels so good to share something good with all. It feel good just to share.
Rottiemama2003

Offline kp18437

« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2011, 08:46:31 PM »
I'm so scared to drive in that kind of weather...  I have a 7 to 8 hour drive each way...  I'm hoping for a nice winter.