• December 12, 2018, 11:04:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Parole Information  (Read 115511 times)

Offline Ira

Re: Parole Information
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:16 PM »
I was told that I am not getting anything in the mail, and the only approval I get is the one I got over the phone. They are not going to send me any paperwork at all, neither now, nor later.

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »
Thank you Mah! I feel better now, less panicky...just want everything to be perfect, ya know :)

I have faith that everything's gonna be alright...and of course, when that time for paperwork comes, I know  I can count on my IPT family to help me through :)

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2011, 09:50:07 AM »
Are you ready?????
Rottiemama2003

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »
I was told that I am not getting anything in the mail, and the only approval I get is the one I got over the phone. They are not going to send me any paperwork at all, neither now, nor later.

Thank goodness, someone else was told what I was told.  I was feeling like I was the only one that was not going to get any papers.  :wc38:

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
You are never alone when it come to IDOC   :wc  :):
Rottiemama2003

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:57 PM »
Rottie: that's so true! i really don't know what i'd do with out y'all!
I'm not ready financially and home-wise...but i'm always ready to be back in his arms again :)

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:54 AM »
It does not have to be the lastest and greatest, as long as you are together.... you do have a job. I have found that we want so much for them we take their manhood away. They need to be needed and a part of our growth together. I know it is because we feel they have suffered enough... I know i have toooooo much time to think on my drive to and from work, but you will not have to worry about that for 2 weeks.....
I almost damaged our relationship trying to protect him from some of the things that went on in the family, and he reminded me that he was a man and my partner and we have to share the good with the bad... so now we do no have that problem. just sharing.
Rottiemama2003

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2011, 01:35:30 PM »
rottiemama...you are so right about wanting so much for them we take their manhood away.  It took me a long time to realize that B needs to be his own man.  I only intervein when it is something serious.  But as far as the day to day crap that he deals with, that is for him to sort out.  It is like with my kids...you have to pick your battles.  B can take care of himself and more importantly, I need to allow him to.  He needs to feel like the man he is, he needs to be involved with anything that goes on out here.  I guess I look at it like if he is sheltered from the "bad" or "upsetting" things going on out here, how will he learn to deal with them when he comes home.  It is an important part of his transition back into the world.

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »
So true, and IDOC has tried to in still in them they are not men and they are worthless, so we have to build that you and the soon we do that then when they need us they will say so........
bobsgirl; you have 8 weeks congrad, wish you the best. When i get that short i will be nuts for real
Rottiemama2003

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
Thank you rottiemama.  I am so very excited.  The days seem to be going slower now.  I just keep myself busy with getting things ready.  Picking up things I know he will need...stuff like that.  And making his honey do list!  I just moved into a new house.  I first thought I needed to get everything settled before he comes home.  Then I realized that he needs something to do to make it feel like his home too.  So I have a long honey do list for him.  And the huge garage and shed are his to organize.  He loved the idea.  I really feel that when our l/o's come home, they need to feel needed.  Not just for the physical needs but in everyday life.  It is so true that the IDOC tries to make them feel like they are not men and they are worthless.  I am sure they have their way of digrating the women in IDOC too.  How very sad.  And people wonder why the men and women in IDOC come home feeling angry towards the employees.  Duh!  I have said this a thousand times.  We put people in prison because they committed a crime.  Prison should be a place to teach and educate so that they will not re-enter the system.  Instead it has turned into an environment of belittling, harrassing, degrating, and trying to strip them of all human feelings.  So damn sad...

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
I have a question.  The PO that B will have is aweful.  He violates with no proof to have them sent back and then they have to wait for the hearing with the PRB that in turn drops the charge and releases them.  Is there a way that a parolee request not to have a PO if there had been conflict of interest in the past?  If so, who would B speak with about this?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
Requesting a new PO is a slippery slope and sometimes causes more trouble than it's worth. First off, you will have to have proof that there is some kind of wrong-doing on the PO's part. It can't be something like your loved one saying, "I don't think he/she likes me." You would take that proof to the supervisor for your district and ask to have a new PO assigned. This is where you have to be careful because no one likes to be told that they aren't doing their job correctly.

If the district supervisor doesn't feel you have provided adequate reason for a new PO, examine the proof you have gathered. If you feel strongly that there is a real problem, you can then contact the main parole office in Springfield. But remember to be calm, reasonable, and present your facts without throwing a fit.

Offline Bobsgirl17

« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2011, 09:24:27 AM »
Very good advice Marks_guy.   :wc38:  I am so glad that I asked the question.  It is always better to ask to get an unbiased opinion.  I was not thinking of it from that perspective.  One would think I would know better by now.   :wc96:

Offline inmates mama

Re: Parole Information (new)
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2011, 08:32:37 AM »
I was just reading on a site that states if a person that gets paroled and has a computer within that year he would be in violation of his probation. Is that for s pred's or is that for all? The link is http://pardonandparole.uslegal.com/state-pardon-and-parole-laws/illinois/

Inmates mama

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:53 AM »
I was just reading on a site that states if a person that gets paroled and has a computer within that year he would be in violation of his probation. Is that for s pred's or is that for all? The link is http://pardonandparole.uslegal.com/state-pardon-and-parole-laws/illinois/

Inmates mama

Computers are usually banned for sex offenders, while on parole and some that are monitored for life too.

Normally an inmate that is not a SO, does not have this stipulation as part of their parole.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline ajtaosanchez

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2011, 08:40:27 PM »
I was just wondering if anyone would know.... I called and asked his counselor but they were not helpful..... but my husband is in vienna and I moved up here by him just so it would be easy to see him the 2 times a week, well I got a very good job out here that I'm sure I wil not be able to get in the city (chi) as that is where he is from, so we talked about us just staying out here untill we are both done with school and save money as it is very cheap out this way, he was going to parole to the house but the only thing is he wanted to be able to see his family when he got out... and they wont come out here its "too far".....(thats another story) but anyways..... also his brother passed away when he was in there and he wants to see his grave to just say good bye! if he gets parole to my house and is on house arrest would we be able to go to the city for like 2 days or so to do that, or if he were to parole to his family house for a week to do that then ask to come back up here would that work or idk, its driving me nuts there is only 8 weeks left and Im going nuts trying to figure all of this out....as is he, and they just tell him they dont know he will have to figure it out when he gets home...   :wc77: does  like geeeezzz thanks thats alot of help, by then it will be too late lol but if anyone could help any that would be awesome also if anyone had anyone in vienna how long before do they get there letter to let him know if he has house arrest?

Offline AndysAngel

• Life is about God's will, not ours
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
I think the PO is the only one who can ok movement. Maybe your LO can discuss concerns with his counselor? Just for a general idea..??

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2011, 11:04:42 PM »
I think you are right about the po can okay it, but i also doubt if it will be right away
Rottiemama2003

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2011, 05:50:10 AM »
The counselor wasn't helpful because they don't really know. They take care of things while the inmate is in ther facility, but have little knowledge of the happenings after release.

When your loved one's PO comes out for the initial visit after release, that will be the time to discuss visiting family. The PO sets all of the rules regarding movement.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2011, 08:31:54 AM »
Inmates are not allowed out of state and some are only allowed to travel within so many miles from their homes.  Everyone is correct, it's all going to be up to his PO when he get's out and if he is on a monitor, has he been given any idea this might happen?  I would think a monitor would restrict him even further in the beginning.  If you LO has already seen the PRB and they have not mentioned a monitor, I doubt he is going to be on one.

Once he is out and he is doing good, the PO may give him special permissions to go, but I will tel you now, do not count on it.  If your PO comes out beforehand to talk to you and have you sign an agreement, HSA, you can ask him then, hopefully you get the answer you want.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”