• October 21, 2018, 11:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 97870 times)

Offline mina0815

Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:50 AM »
I have a couple questions.... My Lo will be getting out later this year... I relocating back to illionis and want to know how long do I have to be in a place before IDOC parole send out the form or call about paroling to my address. Can inmates parole to a apartment? Or do I have to find a townhome or house to rent? Do the inmate have to be on the lease? I just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks Alot

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2011, 11:41:08 AM »
I have a couple questions.... My Lo will be getting out later this year... I relocating back to illionis and want to know how long do I have to be in a place before IDOC parole send out the form or call about paroling to my address. Can inmates parole to a apartment? Or do I have to find a townhome or house to rent? Do the inmate have to be on the lease? I just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks Alot

Your inmate will have to give your address once you get it and from there the IDOC would send out a host site agreement to you for your signature allowing him to parole there.  They then could send someone out to check the place out before they approve it, a PO.  You don't have to put him on the lease, but you'd better be sure, wherever you rent, that they would allow a parolee to be there.

This is the way it usually works, but just so you know, some PO's don't come out until after the inmates are released, nothing is every 100% consistent with the IDOC.

Get your place first, one that will allow him to be there and then you can give him the information and see how it plays out.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline mina0815

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2011, 08:45:08 PM »
Thanks alot Forevermah I really appreciate it alot....... :wc6:

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
I know this is probably answered somewhere, but after jumping from post to post, I decided just to ask. D put in my residence as his parole site, he has been within the IDOC since the beginning of February 2010 starting at Graham R&C, then Vienna and currently at Graham. He has made sure each new counselor has his parole plan. With completed contracts, he should be released in a little over 8 months. I have not heard, nor received anything regarding his parole, such as the Host Site Agreement. He has asked his counselor about wether or not anything's been done/turned in/approved on a few different occassions over the last couple months, and all she says is either its pending or it's still in the works. He said maybe I should call and check to make sure there isn't a problem. I think that's jumping the gun a bit, but wanted to check here. I've read where some get the agreement not long after the inmate is incarcerated, but also where some don't get it till closer to the outdate. I wanted to see if there was a norm, or if I should be checking up on it? Thanks in advance for any replies.
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2011, 01:47:14 PM »
If he has 8 months to go, you have plenty time to receive and sign the HSA. Some prisons send them out earlier than others, some never send them out, a PO brings it to you to sign, it all depends on the policy at Graham.  As long as he has put you down for his parole site, at some point someone will be in touch or a HSA will come in the mail for you to sign and return.  Just know, that if it comes in the next month, this does NOT mean he is getting out any earlier, too many have gotten their hopes up for an earlier release because the HSA was signed up to a year earlier and it just doesn't happen.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jenplus2

• Appreciate & love now, tomorrow's not guaranteed
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:52 PM »
Thank you. I kind of figured as much , but thought it couln't hurt to ask. As far as thinking he'd get out sooner? Maybe when pigs fly, but pretty doubtful then too. I've been here a little over a year now and have probably seen you guys respond to that "'at least" a hundred times. Wishful thinking is nice, but that's all it is, unfortunitely. I hate to see people get their hopes up, only to be crushed. Thank you again for your respnse.
~The "Not Knowing" and/or "Uncertainty" is the hardest part of any situation~
~I still have dreams, many in fact. However, as time marches on they become more focused and realistic~

Offline rottiemama2003

• ~better times are coming~
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2011, 06:38:52 PM »
my husband and i spoke with a counselor on that same subject, and trust me calling may not be the best idea, because things get lost if they hear your name to much or him number, we are in the same situation, we dont know when to turn is parole plan in, what we need to do about our big dogs, any thing we are still hoping for the good time to return :wc40: waiting
Rottiemama
Rottiemama2003

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
my husband and i spoke with a counselor on that same subject, and trust me calling may not be the best idea, because things get lost if they hear your name to much or him number, we are in the same situation, we dont know when to turn is parole plan in, what we need to do about our big dogs, any thing we are still hoping for the good time to return :wc40: waiting
Rottiemama

Don't count on MGT comng back, if it does, it will be a bonus to you, that's what we have been telling everyone for over a year now!

Not sure if you are familiar with the dog law for felons, but you might want to check it out:

Here's the statute relating to the "Dog Law"...it became effective Jan. 1, 2007

(720 ILCS 5/12‑36)
    Sec. 12‑36. Possession of certain dogs by felons prohibited.
    (a) For a period of 10 years commencing upon the release of a person from incarceration, it is unlawful for a person convicted of a forcible felony, a felony violation of the Humane Care for Animals Act, a felony violation of Article 24 of the Criminal Code of 1961, a felony violation of Class 3 or higher of the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, a felony violation of Class 3 or higher of the Cannabis Control Act, or a felony violation of Class 2 or higher of the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, to knowingly own, possess, have custody of, or reside in a residence with, either:
        (1) an unspayed or unneutered dog or puppy older than
     12 weeks of age; or

(2) irrespective of whether the dog has been spayed
     or neutered, any dog that has been determined to be a vicious dog under Section 15 of the Animal Control Act.

(b) Any dog owned, possessed by, or in the custody of a person convicted of a felony, as described in subsection (a), must be microchipped for permanent identification.
    (c) Sentence. A person who violates this Section is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this Section that the dog in question is neutered or spayed, or that the dog in question was neutered or spayed within 7 days of the defendant being charged with a violation of this Section. Medical records from, or the certificate of, a doctor of veterinary medicine licensed to practice in the State of Illinois who has personally examined or operated upon the dog, unambiguously indicating whether the dog in question has been spayed or neutered, shall be prima facie true and correct, and shall be sufficient evidence of whether the dog in question has been spayed or neutered. This subsection (d) is not applicable to any dog that has been determined to be a vicious dog under Section 15 of the Animal Control Act.
(Source: P.A. 94‑818, eff. 1‑1‑07.)

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Mina~ here at the host site agreement... read some of the information it will help a lot.. Does you landlord have any problems with having a felon living there? There is an agreement you will need to sign when they come... My experience was after the parole agent approved our home, then he went to the PRB (Prison Review Board) to get his guideline which is depended on crime and the mittimus. Also the will go to Pre-Start aka parole school as some inmates call it. There has been those who home was approved after that got there, all sort of thing. Remember IDOC does not plan on your time table. So if you need any help along the way post some one will help, or point you in the right direction. Also read all the latest threads on the subject. You can pm me if I can help. Please read how some got violated and all of the parole related topic it will equip you with the tools you need to get the job done. I wish you the best.

We have done everything but pre-start. 
Rottiemama2003

Offline mina0815

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2011, 05:40:13 AM »
Thank you rottiemama it really helps and I will read up on all the info you gave me......

Offline rottiemama2003

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »
I have been helped a great deal here and I want to return... as long as you use it that is all the thanks I need.
Rottiemama2003

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »
I know it's probably been answered here but I kinda can't find what I'm looking for right now so please bear with me...B's getting paroled in July to our new apartment that I won't be living at till somewhere between mid-april/early may. Originally it was supposed to be march, but for financial reasons and the fact that there are still people living there, it's been pushed back. When I called the CO told me that he can put his paperwork in in January but if I won't be there till March anyway, he doesn't have to put in his paperwork until then bc the PO will be out there within 2 weeks. So does it matter if it's March, or April, or May...he can still put in his paperwork 2 months before as long as the PO can inspect the house 2 weeks later? I just want my B to come home...we're so done with the prison game!

Offline bmonska

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
I know it's probably been answered here but I kinda can't find what I'm looking for right now so please bear with me...B's getting paroled in July to our new apartment that I won't be living at till somewhere between mid-april/early may. Originally it was supposed to be march, but for financial reasons and the fact that there are still people living there, it's been pushed back. When I called the CO told me that he can put his paperwork in in January but if I won't be there till March anyway, he doesn't have to put in his paperwork until then bc the PO will be out there within 2 weeks. So does it matter if it's March, or April, or May...he can still put in his paperwork 2 months before as long as the PO can inspect the house 2 weeks later? I just want my B to come home...we're so done with the prison game!
Someone may be able to answer that here but if I were in your position, I'd call Field Services about that one rather than take a CO's word for it.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
Have you even received the paperwork requesting your input as the host site?  You will receive a questionnaire and on that form you should state the address that you'll be moving to and when.  You can add a note that you won't be there for a home visit until after XXX date...And then I'd tell B to open his own mouth in his prestart classes and explain the circumstances to them....LOL...this is his parole...he should be able to handle it...
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mina0815

« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
The PO came to my house today for the home visit but I don't know whats going to happen because he stated that I have four children and there ages are 8, 6, twins boys 5 . My lo is not the father of my children but his crime was 2nd degree murder on this bid and his history has been violent and they are concern.. Now I guess I have to play the waiting game.... I tries to tell him our story and that I wouldn't of moved me and my kids from Madison WI to IL if I thought things would go south between us or he would hurt me.... Now what can I do? Do I tell my LO to ask his sister to parole to her house or just wait until I know it was approved or denied?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2011, 07:14:12 PM »
Past policies of IDOC were to put a convicted murderer on the sex offenders list to keep them away from children.  They've changed that so they have their own database but as far as I know they aren't allowed to parole to a home with small children that aren't their own....maybe things have changed and maybe someone has direct experience with this...I'm sure it's up to the PO depending on the nature and particulars of the case.  Do you feel completely comfortable having an ex-murderer around your children?  Their safety has to be absolutely first in your mind...Did he ask you to sign the paperwork today? 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mina0815

« Reply #96 on: November 22, 2011, 07:33:03 PM »
My kids do come first and I wouldn't jeporadize there safety for anybody... I love and trust my LO with all my heart.... The PO had me sign the host site agreement and went over rules like if he was on ehm, and classess he would have to take when he gets out in March 2012 and ask me would I be able to take him to the classess because they are mandatory. The PO stated the house is fine but the final approval comes from his superrvisor and they will be thinking about the kids. I guess I just have to wait and see......

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:44 PM »
Hmm, I was curious if he offered you the paperwork...that's a good sign.  Hopefully the supervisor will be on board too....but you've got to know your LO is going to be very closely supervised....good luck.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline mina0815

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
Thanks you Dazzler... I hope so... My mom moved here today to from Madison, WI and she lives three doors away. I told the PO that too like I do have a support system.... I really appreciate IPT.......

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
I'm so glad I read the host site agreement bc now I know exactly what's expected. And it's not so scary at all. My B's on the SO list and we were worried he wouldn't be able to see our daughter at all in the 2 years he's gotta spend on parole. So does this mean that as long as I'm present, I can bring her over from my mom's house to spend time with us? Also Dazz, I've never received any papers at all from him or his facility regarding parole. He did mention he's going to track 1 or something like that...is it the same as prestart? IDK, he's done this before, he should know what he's doing.