• December 12, 2018, 11:07:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 100031 times)

Offline hopefulmom

Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2010, 08:37:06 AM »
I have a question about the Host Site Agreement that's posted.  After reading thru it I notice that the majority of points refer to "electronic monitoring".  Is this particular agreement specifically geared toward a parolee being released and electronically monitored???  Is there another host site agreement for a parolee moving home without the electronic monitoring, or is this 2007 agreement just the standard for everyone?  My son will be paroled in April 2011 and has been asked to submit his release address and phone information.  He's wondering if and when he will hear anything further.  I'm wondering if and when I will hear anything further.  We haven't dealt with the "parole" scenario for 10-12 years.  It seems to have been really overhauled since then.  At that time a parolee just got picked up, brought home, and then reported to a PO in downtown Joliet 1x monthly or as designated by the PO.  No agreements were signed, no home visits were made.  I don't even believe there is a Parole Office in Joliet any longer.  I've tried to look through the site for general information, but find more personalized instances rather than just FAQ's.  Thanks for anything you can tell me.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »
The host site agreement is for everyone.  Not all points are required for all parolees.  It depends on the PO.  Parole policies have changed.  Most POs visit their parolees at their homes.  After your son submits his parole site request you will get a letter asking if you approve.  You may or may not get that letter right away.  It depends on how efficient that particular prison's field services department is.   I believe the parole office is still in Aurora.  It's been there for many, many years.  But most don't report to an office...the PO's work in the field and pop in whenever they feel like it.  Many parolees are released on the monitor, at least for the first few months to make sure they enroll in the required programs, etc.  You've got a long time to go  so I wouldn't worry too much about it until about February or March.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline hopefulmom

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2010, 11:07:50 AM »
Thanks so much for posting so quicky.  Nothing's been said about releasing him on a monitor.  I know my son would be the first one surprised by that development.  I really believe he's under the impression all he has to do is get released and wait for someone to visit initially (within 72 hours??). Then he can go out to find a job.  His ex will be after him for child support immediately and want to have a court date set to have the $ amount assessed I know that.  We've been supporting our grandson while our son's been incarcerated.  His divorce and custody determinations went through after he was sent away and as such the judge refused his ex's request to make him responsible for any back child support assessed while he was gone.  So from what you've advised - we might not even hear anything until February or March......  Does that include approval of the site host as well???

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
YEP.  Usually an agent will come to your home shortly before your son's release and check the house and ask you to sign the host site agreement.  There are certain stipulations on your part also....no guns in the house, no dangerous dogs, some dogs must be microchipped.  It's still a long way off to worry about it now.  He may very well be put on the monitor...that's the decision of the PRB when they give him his release papers.  He might be required to take programs for substance abuse, anger management, etc. also.  They give the parolees certain hours off the monitor while looking for a job/working. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline inech

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2010, 10:17:52 AM »
I'm a bit worried: My l/o comes home in Nov. of this year and the Host Site Agreement paper that is shown on this topic is not the same one I got back in Feb. Are there two different forms? The one I received by mail says that my l/o indicated that I am willing to provide a place for him to live upon his release. They ask my name, address, phone number, etc., and if I approve or deny. As soon as I got this letter I called field services and gave my approval. That was it. Is this different than the HSA?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »
Yes, it's a preliminary form sent in advance of their release.  It's not a Host Site Agreement and  I doubt it was labeled that.  It was a questionnaire not an agreement.  Agreements must be signed with a parole officer.  They won't be sent throught the mail. You'll sign it when the parole officer makes the advance visit to ispect your home.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline inech

« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »
Oh Okay, thank you Dazz.

Offline nothavingfun

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »
When I called and asked about this agreement the PO office said I did not need to complete any paperwork for them.  I asked if they are going to come do an advance visit he said no.  He said the only thing we may have to do is get a microchip for our dog, but maybe not if they never see the dog.  He also said that because of my husbands class he may never even see the parole board before he gets released.  Does this happen to anyone else or am I the only one?  Everything about this experience has been different for me.
 :wc13:

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:25 AM »
Yep, you're special then.  Everyone else has had to go through the release and parole process, including appearing before the PRB.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline nothavingfun

« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2010, 01:23:28 PM »
I am not sure why it is different for me.  My husband was sentenced to 18 months for Agg DUI/Revoked.  His outdate was listed as 1/28/11.  He has gotten into the GED class and takes the test on Nov 15.  With the 45 days for the class and the 60 days for passing the test he would be eligible to get out on 10/15/10, but he can't take the test until Nov 15.  The PO that I talked to said that they won't even begin seeing the Jan release offenders until Nov some time.  He told me we will get most of the instructions when they come see him within 72 hrs of release.  He said he did not see anything that showed we would have an electronic monitor, just some substance abuse classes once he gets out.  Maybe I don't have to fill out the form because he owns the house with me?  I don't know.  There doesn't seem to be anything that is "normal" in the IDOC.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »
Well, it would make a difference if he's an owner of the residence...LOL.  He doesn't need someone's permission to move back into his own house....

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline wolcat

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2010, 10:28:08 PM »
About appearing before the parole board... my husband was told he doesn't have to either and he still has a few months to go, but he was told they don't put you before the parole board if you haven't been in there for a parole violation.  I guess we were told wrong if what Dazz is saying is true.  We are under the assumption that he will not go before a parole board as my husband has also mentioned that many guys in there do get out on parole without ever seeing the parole board as well.  Either way, as long as he comes home I don't care. 

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2010, 07:14:40 AM »
I am going out on a limb here but Dazzler may be referring to the paperwork itself.  The parole board will determine what if any restirctions are given to the parolee.  After they have made their recommendations the PO can add extra restrictions if he feels it is necesaary.  I didn't see the partole board when I left Decatur either but my paperwork was submitted to the PRB for review.  I had no restrictions but alot of imates are required to get some sort of outpatient treatment for alcohol, drugs, sex offender classes, etc.  Parole violators will see the parole board for the violation they received and new restrictions could be added upon their release.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

halleman

« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
Looking for clarification.....

For the initial 72 hours (or when the PO comes).... is the inmate required to stay in the residence until the initial visit?

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
Yes!!  When an inmate is released he/she is given a specific amount of time to get home, they must call the 800 number and wait until the PO has come out.  If they leave before the initial visit a violation will occur.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.

Offline debbier

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 08:04:31 AM »
My son comes home five weeks from today!  The day that seemed would never come is coming fast, now.  From what I have been reading, it seems every parole officer is different and I will just have to wait and see if they come out before he gets here, go through the house with a fine tooth comb or just stand at the door.  Anyway, I was wondering - what do folks do with their guns while the parolee is living with them??  We live out in the country and have hunting guns.  We don't want to sell them, but understand they have to be gone.  I take it they can't even be stored out in the barns??  So, just wondering, what do people usually do with their guns?!!  Thank you!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 08:26:18 AM »
My son comes home five weeks from today!  The day that seemed would never come is coming fast, now.  From what I have been reading, it seems every parole officer is different and I will just have to wait and see if they come out before he gets here, go through the house with a fine tooth comb or just stand at the door.  Anyway, I was wondering - what do folks do with their guns while the parolee is living with them??  We live out in the country and have hunting guns.  We don't want to sell them, but understand they have to be gone.  I take it they can't even be stored out in the barns??  So, just wondering, what do people usually do with their guns?!!  Thank you!

Do you have family/friends  that can store them for you, until he is done with parole?  They will ask about this and if you tell them you can't get rid of them, he cannot parole to your home.  You must get them off your property before he gets out. 
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »
When my son is paroled, he has a job opportunity that is almost 3 hours commute from our home.  He wants to move into an apartment close to where he works.  Will the PO allow that?  Once we know his parole date, do we need to get an apartment first so that he has a place or does he have to stay at our home until the end of his parole? 

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 09:20:57 PM »
Parolees are allowed to move, with the permission of the PO. Depending on the amount of time before he gets out, you have options on how to handle this. If you are willing to get the apartment all set up for your son, you can do that and he can list it as his parole site. Or he can parole to your home and then ask to move to a new place at a later date.

Offline jgraff49

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2010, 10:40:17 PM »
Thank you for your information.  We have a few months to look into all of this.  Merry Christamas to you and Happy New Year.
J