• October 21, 2018, 11:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 97868 times)

Offline swallin

Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
thanks to Dazzler & SMD for info regarding son's release options.  I'm sure there will be more questions, but I will spend some time reading as many relevant threads as possible to see if the answer is already out there before I check in again....... but it is really a relief to know there is a network of support to start to piece things together from here.
best wishes,
salley

Offline LukesWife13

• Luke's Love Always And Forever
    • My Myspace
Host Site Approval Time
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »
As a few of you know i was having some concerns about how long a PO can take to decide on a parole site (approval/denial). I called the main parole office today and found out it is 15 DAYS. I finally feel better that they can't take forever haha :wc7: :wc3:
Luke's Sexy Butt

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 08:28:27 PM »
Can u have more than one person in your home on parole?

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »
No, because parolees aren't supposed to be hanging out with other felons....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline shorty24

• I'M HERE TIL THE END
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2009, 02:38:23 AM »
No, because parolees aren't supposed to be hanging out with other felons....
What if that parolee moves out can another parolee move in?
When he's hurting I'm hurting, When I'm hurting he's hurting. (I'm him, he is me!)

Offline lovinghim09

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 01:39:35 PM »
hey i have a few questions about the whole parole situation my boyfriend when be getting out on parole this year and i am currently an niu student...i will be staying at the apartments for students with kids, husbands, and partners...does anyone know if it would be a problem with him staying with me becuase its on college campus but the apartment is for non-taditional students so i would think it would be ok...and does anyone will his po need to talk to anyone besides me about him staying there

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
Usually the PO will speak to the managers about allowing a parolee to live on any publically funded housing property.  I assume Northern Illinois is publically funded since it's a state university.  Secondly, don't you get a list of rules when you move onto this property?  And finally, I think it would be a big liability on the university's part to allow a non-student, in a non-traditional relationship to live on a college on parole.  I don't know what your boyfriend is incarcerated for but the state has an obligation to protect its students and insure their security.  I'm going to say an emphatic "NO" to your question....but then again, nothing this state does surprises me....if I were a parent and my kids were on a campus with convicted felons residing with their girlfriends I'd have a big problem with it....no offense.

I'm afraid you aren't going to be able to slide this past everyone....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline 5282009

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2009, 05:31:57 PM »
My Fiance was just sentenced 3 years on may 28th how long will it be until he could possibly get home confinement? How can he get it? Do I already have to have a house phone or when they say he is eligible can i get one? :wc14:

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2009, 05:36:48 PM »
What do you mean by home confinement?  Once he's sentenced to IDOC there is no such thing.  If you mean when will he be released for parole that's different.  Not everyone wears an electronic ankle bracelet upon release either. You can get the phone just before he's released if he'll be on a monitor.  You don't say what his crime is so I don't know if it's 50 or 85% good time.  I'm going to assume that it's only 50% which puts him home in one year, minus any good time he had in county and any additional good time for programs or schooling.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline lovinghim09

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 06:01:17 PM »
well my only concern is if they talk to my manger at the apartment because like I stated its non traditonal n for non students n as long as one person is a student there its suppose to b ok I mean what if he decides to enroll in school would they say no just because he's a felon he should have the chance to start over....I just don't get it is there a way I can speak to a parole officer n ask for sure

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 10:17:14 PM »
You can always call the main parole office number in Springfield and ask to speak to someone about this...

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline hmiller

• They have his body for now, but I have his Heart!
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
So is this new a host agreement? Because i never gotten one of those in the past when he was paroling out>
His Soulmate 4 Life!!

Offline Treazur729

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
I asked if my b/f could parole to a house were another parolee is a couple months ago and I was told no but his parole site was approved a couple months ago. His uncle is living at the same house on parole so I guess they can live together.

Offline Mrs.Mcgahee

• "A Match made in Heaven"
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:00 AM »
Now I'm moving to a big apartment complex in Carol Stream,IL but I don't have section 8 or anything. My l/O filled out his paperwork for parole plans. His name is not going to be on the lease or anything just me and my son. Why would they need to talk to the manager. My aunt who lives there didn't put her husband on her paper work and he is on parole. Actually the leasing agent told her not to because they do run a background check. They didn't have any problems with his parole officer and no one talked to the Manager of the property. Is this standard practice, because in that case no one will be parole to an apartment.

Offline ciessa

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:47 AM »
My husband already sent in his 2 parole addresses and didn't use mine because he didn't want the apartment complex to know he was living there.  He is and will not be on our lease and it is a large complex so I really don't think it will be a problem for him to live there without their knowledge.  I have a couple of questions...First, do they contact the apartment management or just the person on the lease.  I have no problem with him living with us and there are absolutely no contraband there at all.  Second, can he change the 2nd address on his parole places because he only put his grandmother on there 2nd because he didn't think there would be a problem with him living with his parents, which is really close to us anyway so he would stay there a few days a week and at our house a few as well.  His dad has an FOID card and has guns in the house, all locked inside a safe that is bolted to the floor and wall and his dad is the only one who has the combination.  Also, the room that the safe is in is always locked and there is an alarm on it.  My husband wouldn't be allowed in the upstairs where this room is anyway.  Do you think they would approve the parole to his parents with these circumstances?  Is there a way for him to change his 2nd choice for parole location?  We really want him to come home and live with us instead of a halfway house or so far away that he would really have to stay there all week (his grandmother's house is 2 hours away).  It is going to be a while before we have to deal with this but would like to know what our options are since he has already turned in his 2 possible locations.  Thanks!

Offline irish45mj

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:45 AM »
A couple of things - he can't split time between two residences on parole.  If he paroles to a location, he better be at that location whenever the parole office visits, or he could be violated.  Second, there can't be any weapons at the parole location, no matter how "locked down" they are.  I can't answer your question about issues with your apartment complex, but I'm sure someone will be along who can.

Offline luvmyvietman

• True Love Waits
  • true love waits
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »
I am not positive but I thought that the PO got in touch with the Landlord to verify it was ok for a parolee to come there. I could be wrong though. Someone will correct me

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
It depends on the PO.  Any public housing does not permit parolees.  And no, he can't go to his parents if there are guns on the premises....they must all be removed and stored off site.

~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline awsome

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »
hello there does anyone know if agent has missed to appointment to vies host site and inmate is to be release in 7 days what happens to inmate if hes req to be on house arrest will they release him to me or can he request a halfway hosue. i already called the 800# about 100x cant get in contact with lazy agent only 1x he said he was gonna stop by but never did whn i callled back they said my husband has a new agent...

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »
More than likely he'll be sent home and an agent will come within 72 hours.  However, the IDOC will send a technician to set up the monitor probably the same night he's home.  My inmate was visited at midnight to install the phone box and ankle monitor.

~ Mahatma Gandhi