• December 12, 2018, 11:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 100029 times)

Offline who_knows_who

Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 11:12:39 PM »
 M told me the other day the on his other four releases, the PO never made a site visit until after he got home...  but then he also said that he will have 24 hours to get to his host site...  that's different than what i've read on here I think...

No contraband... no dogs... no nuttin at my house!!!  Just a wedding ring and an appt with a judge... :D

Offline HisOnlyPookie

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 12:51:30 PM »
I didn't ever sign a host site agreement form, I just agreed on the phone and my bf has been living w/ me for 6 months.
If you like to play games to win money this is the site for you.  http://www.netwinner.com/signupCode/krispen7   It does take a while to win but it's so easy!

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »
Got a silly question.......I think LOL When the PO came out last week, he looked over the place, said everything looked good except I needed to pack up all the kids clothes and toys that I keep here for when the grandkids are visiting, and I needed to password protect my computer. Then he had the host site agreement papers, and read them over to me and told me what to expect, and I read and initialed and signed the HSA........does that mean I'm approved ???????? Do I need to contact the po to let him know I've got all of that done? It's Tazewell County Parole, I think out of Pekin.
HUGS,
Rett
**51 days and counting till JD comes home!**
"WICOH'ON OTEHIKE"........Cherokee language, means The Difficult Path

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
Rett, we did the same, signed it and they said OK and that was it.  They have never came back to check or called after we signed the agreement, just the day or day after he came home, his PO came by and gave him his instructions.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 02:09:22 PM »
Thanks Mah! Well I'm feeling a bit more at ease . I know when they visited his fiance's, they told her when they left they had to deny her place as a host site due to the baby being there, dogs in the house ..... The PO also told me when he was here, that I would not need to cancel all my features on my home phone, so maybe he's going to be on one of those newfangled EMD's!  His PO also said he would make a home visit once a month, and he would do what he could to help JD to transition. God Bless him! It's getting ready to storm here , so I'm gonna go turn on the air and settle in with a good book!
Hugs,
Rett
"WICOH'ON OTEHIKE"........Cherokee language, means The Difficult Path

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
Yes, his PO comes once per month and he calls in twice per month, they ask alot of questions, his name, our names, his employers info, all kinds of things.   He was told though that if he complies and behaves, no arrests, he may be released from parole early! 1/2 the time!  Yippe!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline who_knows_who

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 01:04:16 AM »
Talked to Field services today and they confirmed that M will get out on Aug 31 since his release date is Sept 3 and that is Labor Day!!  YAY!!  Also said that his PO would be coming by here sometime soon to check things out and for me to sign the host agreement.  Guess I should be keeping my house cleaner, eh?  Dont want them thinking I'm some slob... LOL... 

Oh my - we're almost to the 60 day mark!!! :)

Offline DublTrubl

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »
I have witnessed several people lately who have had their host sites approved and were told everything was fine. They got released and within 24hours were picked back up for some kind of "technicallity" and put back through the system all over again. Can anyone tell me how to make sure this doesn't happen? I would think if they approve the site and actually release the inmate then all the technical stuff should have already been taken care of. Am I missing something?

Offline rsandelli

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 10:20:15 PM »
They don't always call before they come out.  (you can read all about my story of the PO showing up with me in my underwear and the dog peeing on him)  And for us, he just went over the checklist of the host agreement.  I never actually signed it.  I guess they all do it their own way.

Offline shaynsgirl05

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 07:28:48 PM »
ok this is how screwy the idoc is. My man put in my addy and the po called my mothers home to talk to me and said when I get moved fully to call her and leave a message. I did and let her know and she showed up on a sunday with the host agreement. She told me how to get around the call waiting and stuff but she didn't know if my dsl would interfere or the fact that my power meter is in the house and on a radio frequency would interfere but she said to ask the tech when he comes to install the ed bracelet. The po never even looked over the house or anything, she just stood in the living room while I signed the host agreement and said that I would be approved.
Society prepares the crime, the criminal commits it!

Offline Lissa

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2008, 01:52:59 AM »
This is the Host Site Agreement which must be signed for inmates to parole to your location.

Um yea this agreement is a joke. I never filed one out and the parole at my house parole officer has never even been in my house.

Offline Lissa

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »
Hearing all this I think it is funny because it seems each parole officer is different.

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2008, 10:55:28 AM »
Are you talking recently Lissa?   They didn't always do this....
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline lovnu4ever

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »
G comes home in 6 weeks and have not heard a peep about a visit from a PO.
"Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation" - Robert Assagioli -

Offline jsmom

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
When my son was getting ready for release, I got a phone call from field services a few days before making sure I was okay with him paroling to our home. She verified address, etc. asked a few questions & that was it. I never signed anything. His PO has been here the day after his release & last week and was here long enough that time to stand just inside the door for a few minutes. Seems like a super guy & just does what he has to!!! :)
Live for today
Laugh for the moment
Love forever

Offline jsmom

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 09:17:34 PM »
 (>( I forgot to add too that the PO never looked anywhere in our home! Sat at the dining room table to fill out paperwork & asked me if I had any questions and told me to feel free to call if anything came up later.  brv
Live for today
Laugh for the moment
Love forever

Offline Lissa

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2008, 11:22:53 PM »
Are you talking recently Lissa?   They didn't always do this....

Yes Dazzler. I have a friend that has paroled to my house and I have signed no agreement and havent even met his PO. He paroled here in November. He is the one I told you to look up the boytoy. LOL

Offline swallin

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
Greetings, if I'm in the wrong place for the following, I apologize.  My question is about host site/parole issues.  our son has just gone to Western CC with a sentence of 2 yrs on a drug possession charge and a tentaive release date of 1/09 listed.  He apparently can be eligible for parole immediately but has a number of unusual issues that complicate release including:

He has had a kidney transplant and has other medical risks.
We, his family, live in Arizona and he has been told that the host agreement can take up to six months or more if he files to have us as his placement.
He would like to stay in Illinois initially in order to take care of medical issues - anti-rejection drugs, doctors, etc. as Arizona is very backward and they have let him go without these things for weeks at a time which could easily kill him.
He has no ID, no street clothes, etc. with him as he was sent to Illinois after being picked up in Arizona. 

Ideally, I think he would like to be released to Illinois and then set up transfer to AZ for probation while he is getting medical issues taken care of in Illinois.  We can help to some extent, but it seems pretty overwhelming from this distance.  Is this possible and what would be his options for an approved home in Illinois?

thanks, 
Salley (the mom)

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 03:23:25 PM »
Hi swallin,
   I am so sorry to hear of the bad news of your sons medical issues and being in prison. Being so far away has to be heartbreaking. I am sorry I do not know answers to you questions but I hope someone who does will come along soon.. I am sure someone can help you soon..

:wc30:

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm assuming you are talking about an eventual Interstate Compact Agreement?  This is the parole process for an Illinois inmate to return to his home state and have that state manage his parole. 

If your son intends to stay in Illinois for his parole, which is probably only one year, there are some options available to him, although limited.  He can obtain an apartment or try to find a room in a private home, share housing with someone, stay in a hotel.  There are YMCA's available and some re-entry housing, usually through a faith-based group.  I think your son should start the interstate compact agreement as soon as possible.  You could probably get involved as his mother and keep after them to complete it.  It can be a long process so he must stay on top of it with his counselor. 

I believe you could send clothing for him to wear upon release.  He should also request a temporary IDOC identification card when he's paroled.  He will need this to obtain his SS card if he's lost it, a driver's license, etc.  It's good for one month after parole.  If it's possible for you to help in the housing search that would be a plus.  He must have a place to parole to or he'll be held until the end of his sentence..and in SEG besides.  If he's coming to the Chicago area near the major University Hospitals there are many motels that offer monthly rates to long term residents.  We have some re-entry information available on the forum for you to check into.  His counselor might be able to offer more information.  However, the IDOC is very lacking in support after parole.  He will need to find employment also to support himself upon release, unless you are able to provide for his needs while he's still in Illinois.  If you have more questions, I will try to help.  Maybe others who have gone through this will be of assistance also.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi