• December 12, 2018, 11:08:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 100033 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2015, 08:57:53 PM »
The same thing happened to me when we were getting our house approved. It was the following day before he called back again. But they will call back.

Its been 2 days.  I could kick myself for missing that call!

They will call back, but I can understand how you feel now.  Hope you get a good PO :)

Thanks!  I hope so too.  This is finally feeling real!  Is the one that left the message usually the same one that comes out?

Probably, the same one that came out was my LO's PO all the way through.  They sat and talked to us, explaining and answering our questions.    A good PO is 1/2 the parole battle.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2015, 09:31:55 PM »
All this talk about parole, our house was approved 3 months ago, since then, our daughter got ill and has moved back home. She's 24 & has no criminal record, do I need to notify the p.o.?
He's home!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »
The same thing happened to me when we were getting our house approved. It was the following day before he called back again. But they will call back.

Its been 2 days.  I could kick myself for missing that call!

They will call back, but I can understand how you feel now.  Hope you get a good PO :)

Thanks!  I hope so too.  This is finally feeling real!  Is the one that left the message usually the same one that comes out?

Probably, the same one that came out was my LO's PO all the way through.  They sat and talked to us, explaining and answering our questions.    A good PO is 1/2 the parole battle.

He called!  So I feel much better now.  And your right Mah - he said he will more than likely be his agent all the way through.  He seemed nice and answered all my questions.  

Good, stay on good terms with him :) it helps!!

Offline Nmm5214

« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
I live in an apartment that's managed by a big property management company.. Will the landlord or management company be contacted for approval?? Has anyone experienced their landlord being called?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #184 on: October 20, 2015, 06:29:48 AM »
I live in an apartment that's managed by a big property management company.. Will the landlord or management company be contacted for approval?? Has anyone experienced their landlord being called?

No, but if you have a lease and there is anything in the lease about having a parole there you need to know.  Also, it's always best, because of the PO officers coming while on parole that the landlord knows.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline hopeful.wife

« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2015, 10:06:48 PM »
I picked my husband up yesterday!  He called the 800# and was told that his PO would contact him within 7 days.  He can't leave the house until then.  Our home was approved without a visit, which was very surprising to me.  I have read quite a bit here and it seems every parole story is very different.  There seem to be so many variables.  The parole board gave my husband no stipulations, but it sounds like the individual PO can add some.  Is that correct?  Does anyone have any idea what happens next and what a realistic time frame might be?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2015, 07:30:26 AM »
I picked my husband up yesterday!  He called the 800# and was told that his PO would contact him within 7 days.  He can't leave the house until then.  Our home was approved without a visit, which was very surprising to me.  I have read quite a bit here and it seems every parole story is very different.  There seem to be so many variables.  The parole board gave my husband no stipulations, but it sounds like the individual PO can add some.  Is that correct?  Does anyone have any idea what happens next and what a realistic time frame might be?

That is correct, the PO will give him any new/more instructions.  Whatever he does, he cannot move from the house until that PO gets there.  Cannot tell you when, most are there within 72 hours.

The best to him on his parole!  Getting along with the PO is his first big step !

Offline zsr5

« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2016, 07:54:46 AM »
I sent copies of his final decision to the warden and he called me saying it is not the departments policy to have no contact if the order has been dropped., weather it was dropped one year ago or five.  He is allowing me to go visit and said he was sorry his attorney and I were Givin wrong info by staff and counselors. I have been getting phone calls now and allowed to visit now, plus he does get to parole home, beings there is no valid Op. Good luck!

Can you please contact me!  I have questions for you!  Similar situation!

Offline ddan63

« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:35 AM »
Hello, I am sure this has been covered before but.  have several firearms and am a licensed ccw carrier can I keep my personal firearm with me if I have a parolee living with me. also I have a place that I could put a trailer for him to live in while on parole is this an option or does he need to live with me. Thanks Don

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »
Hello, I am sure this has been covered before but.  have several firearms and am a licensed ccw carrier can I keep my personal firearm with me if I have a parolee living with me. also I have a place that I could put a trailer for him to live in while on parole is this an option or does he need to live with me. Thanks Don

You cannot have guns on the premises/in house, when someone paroles to your home, it would all have to be moved until the person is off parole.

Offline ashleysiek

« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2017, 01:44:50 PM »
I have a question, maybe very far fetched thinking considering we have quite some time left. But, in case HB2882 passes and my LO comes home sooner I had some questions to think about.

I live in a huge apartment complex, would I have to let my building know he is paroling here? Or as long as I sign as a host that I am agreeing to have him here it is fine. Or will the P.O. contact my building on their own?

I want to know in case  i
wound have to plan ahead to move

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2017, 08:12:04 AM »
I have a question, maybe very far fetched thinking considering we have quite some time left. But, in case HB2882 passes and my LO comes home sooner I had some questions to think about.

I live in a huge apartment complex, would I have to let my building know he is paroling here? Or as long as I sign as a host that I am agreeing to have him here it is fine. Or will the P.O. contact my building on their own?

I want to know in case  i
wound have to plan ahead to move

Yes, you have to see if allowing a parolee is allowed under your lease, always best to be up front so no problems later.

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »
But, does parole call your landlord?  There's nothing in my lease that says he can't come here, but I don't want to advertise.  Also, what things would make hem decline the home site?  My LO has 11 months left, but in case he gets some SSC I want to be prepared.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2017, 06:53:57 AM »
But, does parole call your landlord?  There's nothing in my lease that says he can't come here, but I don't want to advertise.  Also, what things would make hem decline the home site?  My LO has 11 months left, but in case he gets some SSC I want to be prepared.

I don't think they'll call the landlord, but if the PO comes on regular visits and the landlord is around and sees this and he wasn't informed you may have problems, it's always best to be on the up and up.  They rejecting can depend on the inmate and his conviction.  Some dog issues can arrise, if he is a SO there will be more rules.. all depends.. you cannot have any guns in the house. again it depends on his conviction.

Did your LO live there before and is he a new person in the apartment, how does your lease refer to that.

Offline haleyjen

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Management company - so no one ever comes here.  We lived here together for five years - lease is in my name because he wasn't working when we first moved in (he had just moved to Chicago) and I've just been signing extensions since then.  He has a class 2 burglary, was his first offense other than a minor drug possession that he had done probation for.

Offline Donandkat

« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »
My loved one is supposed to come home August 28. I had my dogs fixed and chipped she said I still can't have them I'm so heartbroken. I do not think it's right. So now he said he will do 6 more months  because he's does not want dogs gone.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
I am so sorry donandkat that is not fair the field service people tell them they can have dogs as long as they arw fixed and chopped I have heard her tell them over and over
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline Mrs. G

• One Day
  • Even if u fall on ur face, u're still moving 4ward
« Reply #197 on: June 02, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
My loved one is supposed to come home August 28. I had my dogs fixed and chipped she said I still can't have them I'm so heartbroken. I do not think it's right. So now he said he will do 6 more months  because he's does not want dogs gone.

Hello Donandkat,
If you do not mind me asking; what breed of dogs do you have?

Thanks

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #198 on: June 02, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »
There are certain dogs that felons cannot have if it's considered a vicious dog:

http://www.illinoisprisontalk.org/index.php?topic=6430.msg47192#msg47192

(720 ILCS 5/12‑36)
    Sec. 12‑36. Possession of certain dogs by felons prohibited.
    (a) For a period of 10 years commencing upon the release of a person from incarceration, it is unlawful for a person convicted of a forcible felony, a felony violation of the Humane Care for Animals Act, a felony violation of Article 24 of the Criminal Code of 1961, a felony violation of Class 3 or higher of the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, a felony violation of Class 3 or higher of the Cannabis Control Act, or a felony violation of Class 2 or higher of the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, to knowingly own, possess, have custody of, or reside in a residence with, either:
        (1) an unspayed or unneutered dog or puppy older than 
     12 weeks of age; or

(2) irrespective of whether the dog has been spayed 
     or neutered, any dog that has been determined to be a vicious dog under Section 15 of the Animal Control Act.

(b) Any dog owned, possessed by, or in the custody of a person convicted of a felony, as described in subsection (a), must be microchipped for permanent identification.
    (c) Sentence. A person who violates this Section is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    (d) It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under this Section that the dog in question is neutered or spayed, or that the dog in question was neutered or spayed within 7 days of the defendant being charged with a violation of this Section. Medical records from, or the certificate of, a doctor of veterinary medicine licensed to practice in the State of Illinois who has personally examined or operated upon the dog, unambiguously indicating whether the dog in question has been spayed or neutered, shall be prima facie true and correct, and shall be sufficient evidence of whether the dog in question has been spayed or neutered. This subsection (d) is not applicable to any dog that has been determined to be a vicious dog under Section 15 of the Animal Control Act.

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #199 on: June 02, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
The way I read this law it only applies to those individuals convicted of the felonies listed and not all felonies.  Has this been the case or in practice does it apply to all felonies