• October 21, 2018, 11:00:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 97865 times)

Offline Jackster

• Mary Kay
Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »
Sooo the Agent came out. Didn't ask to see my house, didn't ask for proof of my dogs shots. I had to sign a form though.  I offered my paperwork on my dogs he said it was fine.  We chit chatted for a while not even about my husband, aside from him asking if I had spoke to him recently and then saying it doesn't look like he would be on house arrest.  He was leaving and I asked him if he would contact me to let me know if my residence was approved he said oh it is approved im going to do it right now. :wc7: It went waaayyyy to easy! Was I worried for nothing? :wc13:

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »
Congrats Jackster!  That is great news!!

Offline lori491999

« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »
It was pretty anticlimactic for me, too, Jackster.  I actually didn't even have a visit, just someone from EMCC talked to me on the phone, said it was approved and that was that.  I sure hope everything's good because I am picking him up Thursday morning!  Now I'm all nervous about his po coming out once we get home  :wc35:

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2014, 05:41:49 PM »
Congrats to both of you!!

Offline stressedmom

« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
That is great news for you both.  Its always nice to hear good things. :wc6:

Offline Serb735

• Always, Forever & Unconditionally
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
Sooo the Agent came out. Didn't ask to see my house, didn't ask for proof of my dogs shots. I had to sign a form though.  I offered my paperwork on my dogs he said it was fine.  We chit chatted for a while not even about my husband, aside from him asking if I had spoke to him recently and then saying it doesn't look like he would be on house arrest.  He was leaving and I asked him if he would contact me to let me know if my residence was approved he said oh it is approved im going to do it right now. :wc7: It went waaayyyy to easy! Was I worried for nothing? :wc13:

I had a very similar experience! My LO's PO came out last week after rescheduling with me twice.. I was incredibly nervous, cleaned the house for 2 days straight. Top to bottom! She came, and didn't move out of my doorway.. complimented me on my wall hangings, and cleanliness.. I signed the paper, and she said that she too said immediately that I was approved, and was going to enter all the information that day. I was sweating bullets for days before she came, and it was so easy!! Congratulations to you and your LO as well, I know it is a wonderful feeling.. we are getting closer and closer every day!!  :wc7:

Offline ladydl23

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2015, 03:11:03 AM »
When do parole officer's usually call to set up an date to see if your place is approved or not?

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2015, 07:46:03 AM »
When do parole officer's usually call to set up an date to see if your place is approved or not?

Anytime before they get out, some don't come till after they are out.  The inmate cannot move from the house until that PO gets there, or they will be violated, this is very important. 

Some approvals are done over the phone also.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline melly

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »
My experience when my l/o was released from boot camp 9/13 was that parole officer came 1 week before he was discharged. All he was interested in was for me to sign the form (maybe because I was the mom). I have another friend whose boyfriend was discharged the parole agent came to house a week before looked in her fridge & checked out the place? I'm not sure if that's normal? Once my l/o was discharged from the prison we were given so many hours to get home & for him to call the 800# telling IDOC he was home. Then you wait for them to arrive. I believe Mah has it somewhere & I do recall parole officers have up to 72 hours to get to your parole place. This was a very exciting time for me! Good luck

Offline sherryl

« Reply #169 on: May 15, 2015, 07:24:51 AM »
I received a paper in the mail about my husband paroling home. i filled it out and signed it and returned it. i got a phone call yesterday saying it was approved and a parole office will be contacting me in july upon him releasing in nov. his lawyer told him he may be elgible for early release after he has been in 60 days, which will be june 20. i'm sure the PO will get ahold of me much earlier if thats the case.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2015, 09:17:17 AM »
I received a paper in the mail about my husband paroling home. i filled it out and signed it and returned it. i got a phone call yesterday saying it was approved and a parole office will be contacting me in july upon him releasing in nov. his lawyer told him he may be elgible for early release after he has been in 60 days, which will be june 20. i'm sure the PO will get ahold of me much earlier if thats the case.

I thought you said you had an OP and there is no contact between the two of you? You cannot visit right?

He will not be able to parole to your home if there is no contact.. I am really surprised you got that letter.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline sherryl

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2015, 09:46:55 AM »
I sent copies of his final decision to the warden and he called me saying it is not the departments policy to have no contact if the order has been dropped., weather it was dropped one year ago or five.  He is allowing me to go visit and said he was sorry his attorney and I were Givin wrong info by staff and counselors. I have been getting phone calls now and allowed to visit now, plus he does get to parole home, beings there is no valid Op. Good luck!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2015, 09:50:57 AM »
I sent copies of his final decision to the warden and he called me saying it is not the departments policy to have no contact if the order has been dropped., weather it was dropped one year ago or five.  He is allowing me to go visit and said he was sorry his attorney and I were Givin wrong info by staff and counselors. I have been getting phone calls now and allowed to visit now, plus he does get to parole home, beings there is no valid Op. Good luck!

That is good news, glad to hear !!!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2015, 12:14:40 PM »
I finally got a call from a parole agent to get my approval for the host site agreement and to set up an appointment to come out.....  However, I missed the call because I was driving when he called.  I have called back over and over since then to return his call and they take the message but he hasn't called back? 
Has anyone else had this issue?  This is finally making it feel very real but now I am a wreck since I missed the call and he hasn't called back?!

:wc36:

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2015, 12:55:20 PM »
The same thing happened to me when we were getting our house approved. It was the following day before he called back again. But they will call back.
He's home!

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
The same thing happened to me when we were getting our house approved. It was the following day before he called back again. But they will call back.

Its been 2 days.  I could kick myself for missing that call!

Offline jaf

« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2015, 03:10:16 PM »
I finally got a call from a parole agent to get my approval for the host site agreement and to set up an appointment to come out.....  However, I missed the call because I was driving when he called.  I have called back over and over since then to return his call and they take the message but he hasn't called back? 
Has anyone else had this issue?  This is finally making it feel very real but now I am a wreck since I missed the call and he hasn't called back?!

Yes, I missed that first call, too.  It was probably a week before she called back again. 

Deep breathes. . . . They will call again.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »

They will call back, but I can understand how you feel now.  Hope you get a good PO :)

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »

They will call back, but I can understand how you feel now.  Hope you get a good PO :)

Thanks!  I hope so too.  This is finally feeling real!  Is the one that left the message usually the same one that comes out?

Offline me

• Support Staff
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »

Yes, I missed that first call, too.  It was probably a week before she called back again. 

Deep breathes. . . . They will call again.

LOL!  Thanks - for the first time in all this I am freaking out and do need to take some deep breaths!!   :wc64: