• October 21, 2018, 11:20:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 97872 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
hi karma, my son may be coming home an may have to have a ankle monitor. where do we get one an how much does it cost? what to i have to do before he comes home? I'm on ssi an don't have alot of money. please help. we live in Illinois.

You don't have to buy or get the anklet, the IDOC will supply that, but if he is on the regular monitor when he gets out, you will have to have a landline phone for it to connect with.  If you already have a home phone (Landline) you don't have to do anything else, they will do the rest!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline meangene

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
My information may not be current.  When my son was put on an ankle monitor, he was home two days and told not to leave the house until his PO came to our house.  this was after I went to the prison and picked him up.  He had a few hours to get home and make the call to Springfield on our land line.  Two days later the PO came to the house to see where he lived and where he slept.  Another man from the Sheriff's office came in with a box to fit the monitor and align it with the telephone and tell him how to use it and take a shower etc.  We paid nothing, but as i said this was a few years ago.  When M came home the last time, no one came to the house as he was assigned to TASC and he went in on a regular basis to see his counselor and do a urine test.  We never saw anyone at the house.  That was 2 years ago.

Don't be too stressed over this.  Many years ago I worked for an agency who went into homes for DHS.  I know people were cautious but if you are worried you send out non verbal messages that a visitor picks up on and they may sense something is wrong when in fact everything is o.k.  They do not take a lot of time in a visit, especially now that they will have so many more on parole, they just show up and mainly ask for the Urine sample which is an immediate pass or fail test.  Most conversations are about jobs and job searches, fine payments, and rumors they picked up while visiting other parolees in the area.  

My family has not learned to live without drugs and their addictions put them back in over and over again.  I hate most that we close hospitals and treatment centers and build more jails, prisons, and cells.  

Offline feuxdejoie

« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:23 AM »
I can't find the Host Site Agreement that I signed.  Can I ask the parole offficer for a copy?

:wc96:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
I can't find the Host Site Agreement that I signed.  Can I ask the parole offficer for a copy?

:wc96:

Yes, he should be able to supply you with a copy, just ask him.
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Jackster

• Mary Kay
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
what are the requirements to be an approved parole site? Aside from what is on the form that was initially posted.

Offline myonenonly

• hello
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2012, 12:13:42 PM »
Ok...i know we still have 4ish months left, and i have been curious about this parole thing. It appears that many of you are getting letters and having visits from PO's to have your site approved. My man was given paperwork over a year ago for him to give a parole site (because we thought he was going to get work release) and he filled it all out and recieved a memo that the site was approved? ie. My home has been documented as "approved" since last year. I never got any letters, no phone call or no visit. So i called the records dept at his facility to make sure they had the right phone number etc. everything is correct and the lady from records department confirmed that "yes, my address has been approved" Is this something out of the ordinary????

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
Ok...i know we still have 4ish months left, and i have been curious about this parole thing. It appears that many of you are getting letters and having visits from PO's to have your site approved. My man was given paperwork over a year ago for him to give a parole site (because we thought he was going to get work release) and he filled it all out and recieved a memo that the site was approved? ie. My home has been documented as "approved" since last year. I never got any letters, no phone call or no visit. So i called the records dept at his facility to make sure they had the right phone number etc. everything is correct and the lady from records department confirmed that "yes, my address has been approved" Is this something out of the ordinary????

Has a PO come out to your home yet?  IF they come out before, he may/may not have you sign the agreement.  If he doesn't come out until your LO gets out, he may have it then.   

Don't worry at some point, if this is not your LO's home, but yours, you probably will have to sign something giving your permission for him to parole there.

Offline myonenonly

• hello
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »
Mah.....No PO visit...No Phone call....No Nothing. Thats why it makes me wonder how they could document it as approved and have never even so much as spoke to me. Its seems he could have put sesame street down for an address if he wanted. They never verified anything. Just seems odd to me. And then i have to wonder too, how & when will i know if i have to have a phone put in. He's not sure, but he talked to a counselor way back that said he would probably have 30 days EHM. He's been trying to see a counselor since Feburary to get an idea of what all we have to do. But HIS counselor never called him in even after i called Springfield about it, and they sent her a email to call him in. Still nothing. I know we still have 4 months, and its not an emergency YET. LOL...but still feel i need to know SOMETHING.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 12:50:33 PM »
Mah.....No PO visit...No Phone call....No Nothing. Thats why it makes me wonder how they could document it as approved and have never even so much as spoke to me. Its seems he could have put sesame street down for an address if he wanted. They never verified anything. Just seems odd to me. And then i have to wonder too, how & when will i know if i have to have a phone put in. He's not sure, but he talked to a counselor way back that said he would probably have 30 days EHM. He's been trying to see a counselor since Feburary to get an idea of what all we have to do. But HIS counselor never called him in even after i called Springfield about it, and they sent her a email to call him in. Still nothing. I know we still have 4 months, and its not an emergency YET. LOL...but still feel i need to know SOMETHING.

You know something, apparently it's approved    :wc35:

He will be going to pre-start (parole classes) and will find out his parole rules.  If he will be on EHM, you will know in enough time before he gets out for you to get the hookup for his anklet .. there is plenty of time for that and plenty of time to check your place out in 4 months.  Just be sure you have nothing there, IE contraband (guns etc) that could get it denied.

Did he live there before he went in?     Hang in there, it will all get done!

Offline myonenonly

• hello
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
LOL..yes being approved is ONE thing that definately IS something  :wc7:
No we have never lived together. He has always paroled to his parents house. This will be a first for the both of us. We are old flames from 17 Yrs ago ..reunited  :wc50:
We really should have never parted back then as we have always gotten along like two peas in a pod. Just odd circumstances back then. This round i have been with him through 5 yrs of his "bit" and still going strong  :wc6:

Offline hesmyheart

• MY LOVEBUG
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2012, 07:05:41 PM »
Question: Should I have received a copy of the host agreement I signed? How can I go about getting a copy? The parole officer that came to my apartment said that he may or may not be my lo parole officer...and how can parolees go about receiving TASC?

:wc13:

Thank you in advance :)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »
Question: Should I have received a copy of the host agreement I signed? How can I go about getting a copy? The parole officer that came to my apartment said that he may or may not be my lo parole officer...and how can parolees go about receiving TASC?

:wc13:

Thank you in advance :)

Yes, you should have gotten a copy.  Call Field Services and see if they can send you a copy out.

Here is some information for TASC, I know they help when an inmate goes in, not sure how it works with them coming out:

http://www.tasc.org/preview/Corrections.html

Offline hesmyheart

• MY LOVEBUG
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »
Thank you!!! One more question..where do I get the number for field services???

:wc1:

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »
Thank you!!! One more question..where do I get the number for field services???

:wc1:

Call the prison he is at and ask to talk to Field Services, just look at our Prison Profile board for the # of the prison.

Offline hesmyheart

• MY LOVEBUG
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2012, 09:11:02 PM »
Thank you bunches mah....

Offline gigi53

« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »
Hi,  My son was let out of prison in June.  They new he would be homeless and they sent him to a PADS (shelter) to stay the first night and in the morning to meet with his parole officer(this is in Dupage County).  He cont'd to be homeless for 1 1/2 months, meeting with his parole officer weekly to start then he found a job and he only needed to see her every 2wks.  He was able to rent a room in a house, parole officer had to change then.  Parole officer came to his residence and said because his room was not an apartment (it was with a shared bathroom) he(the parole officer) would have to speak with the landlord and have him sign some papers, I guess a host site agreement.  Well first off my son was homeless & lucky enough to find a room in a basement of a respected citizen and business owner, secondly my son did not tell the landlord that he is a convicted felon and on parole(duh!) and I would not have either.  So now my son is afraid to tell the landlord for then he will be most likely homeless again and if not,  once the parole officer talks to the land lord and ask him to sign a host site agreement and search the landlords house that will be the straw that broke the camels back. Also the landlord has a dog that is large and not fixed.  My son never sees the dog as the dog is upstairs and he resides in the basement.  So dilemna is if he has no home he will be unable to shower for work everyday, he will not get much sleep and all the progress he has made is lost.  I understand these are the rules and he made the decisions that got him here ..... I am just so angry right now I can spit nails.  Any suggestions?
Thank You for any responses.
GIGI

Offline M4joseph

« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2012, 01:16:03 PM »
Can anyone help me?

My friend is projected to come home on Parole Dec 4, 2012.  So far I spoke to the parole agent and was told to remove computers, digital phone, etc.  I called the field services as soon as I did.  This agent is so hard to get a hold of and he does not respond.  Today is sunday, December 2nd.  I still have not heard anything.  My host site was preapproved on line and the next step further was for them to inspect my home.  This was all decided that he stay at my home in September and it has been a real hassle.

Is there a chance now if the Parole Agent does not come here before the 4th that he may have to stay there one more year?

Thanks.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
Please go back to the original topic you asked this, duplicate posts get confusing. I will answer you there!

Offline Mrs.Mcgahee

• "A Match made in Heaven"
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2012, 09:19:53 PM »
I hope someone can answer this.  For Xmas I am buying a baby beagle. I read the host site agreement and I didn't see what type of dogs are allowed. If someone can tell me if Rhodesia is ok, that would be great.

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2012, 03:39:02 AM »
A beagle, especially a puppy, should be ok. It really depends on the PO. You should call to make sure it isn't a problem.