• December 12, 2018, 11:06:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 100028 times)

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2011, 11:16:44 AM »
Yes, it's the same as pre-start class.  I'm not sure about the visiting with your daughter...as each case seems to be dependent on the PO.  Klo, our member, wasn't allowed to have her children see their father the entire parole...it was almost cruel.  His SO had nothing to do with small children, especially his own little boys.  I hope your loved one has a more reasonable PO.
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2011, 02:30:19 PM »
Great...cuz he kinda told me he bailed on those classes. Omg, they're still gonna let him out right? Yes, it is cruel...esp since his SO also had nothing to do with children and this happened 12 years ago...waaay before we even met. Uggh, I just want this all to be over an done with already. We're both getting a little too tired of the prison game. Thanks for all the info Dazz!  :wc30:

Offline mina0815

Re: Approved
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »
Im so happy my home was approved....... I called field services and they gave me the best news ever, since I was so worried.........  Now I have 3 and half mos to wait for my lo to be in my arms forever..... I can't wait until this is over.......  :wc7:

Offline hrtgrl

« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2011, 07:11:52 PM »
how long does it take for a site to b approve n the l/o to b released to it?

Offline mina0815

« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »
I don't know how long it takes for the site to be approved. My lo sent his parole papers in Sept. the PO came out Nov 22nd, then today I found out it was approved... My lo gets out March 2012... Did your lo send in his parole plan yet?

Offline hrtgrl

« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2011, 07:20:53 PM »
we just seen the pb on the 29th and they said they were giving him another chance (VERY nice pb guy i might add). Me and his mom r getting us a place so he can parole to and we're supposed to call field services when we get that settled which will be soon. we were hopin for him to be home before christmas as we have 3 girls that miss him horribly and it would be a wonderful surprise.

Offline bianheart

« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2011, 10:18:59 PM »
I called field services and they told me that the home site we gave them is under investigation. Do you know how much longer does it take a po to call you because my l/o is in NRC at Stateville and he was there on a violation but they decided to not violate him and release him but he has to find another home site. We tried a few addresses but due to him being a SO its been very hard and stressful on his mom and I. Can someone tell me please normally how long it takes for a PO to call you to see home site since its saying under investigation field service said. Thank You so much.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #107 on: December 29, 2011, 08:14:21 AM »
No one can really tell you how long this will take, it all depends on the PO and how quickly they do their checking. 

Hopefully everything goes through with this new location and he can be released ASAP, would be a nice new year for him and you!  Best to you both!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Justifiedbyfaith

• You are Blessed ~ Be a Blessing
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2012, 09:49:06 AM »
Hello,
I just received the PO Host Site Agreement letter today, I have many questions regarding it. But rather than burdening you with them, can you direct me to where I can read all the rules & regulation for it, please. I have somewhat an idea of it from reading the other posts, but I want to be very clear on it.
I don't understand why IDOC seems to be with holding specific rules & regulations like this, from us out here. But if I have spoke out of place, in saying that, PLZ forgive me... Is there website, to go to that has all the rules & regulations regarding the IDOC, besides the IDOC? It just seems to me, that it takes an act of congress dealing with the IDOC...

However, IPT, :wc6:  U have been & are such a great blessing!!! I thank you so very much for EVERYTHING you do & the COMPASSION you give, to the lost ones, like me!!!
Keep the Peace within yourself, then you can also bring Peace to others!!!
Life must be lived with 'love' and 'humor' ~ 'Love to understand' and 'Humor to endure'!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2012, 01:51:24 PM »
Hello,
I just received the PO Host Site Agreement letter today, I have many questions regarding it. But rather than burdening you with them, can you direct me to where I can read all the rules & regulation for it, please. I have somewhat an idea of it from reading the other posts, but I want to be very clear on it.
I don't understand why IDOC seems to be with holding specific rules & regulations like this, from us out here. But if I have spoke out of place, in saying that, PLZ forgive me... Is there website, to go to that has all the rules & regulations regarding the IDOC, besides the IDOC? It just seems to me, that it takes an act of congress dealing with the IDOC...

However, IPT, :wc6:  U have been & are such a great blessing!!! I thank you so very much for EVERYTHING you do & the COMPASSION you give, to the lost ones, like me!!!

I think the host site agreement lists all the rules that would apply to your inmate and you have to check them that you agree and sign it and send it back..  Try calling field services at the prison or if a PO contacts you, you can always ask them the questions you might have.  There is no place on the IDOC website that explains it all.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline blah2u

« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2012, 07:12:32 AM »
should i be worried if I haven't received the host site agreement for my hubby's parole in approx. 2 months.  We know that he will be paroling him, but I haven't heard or seen anything.

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »
should i be worried if I haven't received the host site agreement for my hubby's parole in approx. 2 months.  We know that he will be paroling him, but I haven't heard or seen anything.

Was this his home before he went in? if so, they don't always send a host site agreement if it's HIS home.

Offline blah2u

« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »
Yes he lived in our house before he went in.  I still haven't seen or heard anything yet.  Should I call field services just to be on the safe side?

Offline Marks_guy

• Support Staff
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
If it was your (both of you) house to begin with, there is no need for the HSA. Unless there is some reason he would not be allowed back there (domestic abuse charge, restraining order, SO restriction, or you denying him home), there is no reason to worry.

Offline blah2u

« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2012, 11:15:12 PM »
His name isn't on the mortgage (only mine is) but this is where he lived since we got married (3 months before he got locked up).  There is no other reason why he would have any other restrictions.

Offline kalilovesanthony

• PLEASE HELP ME RE-INSTATE "GOOD TIME" IN ILLINOIS!
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2012, 08:50:58 AM »
My man is going to be released from prison is early July in Illinois. I'm stressing really hard right now about his parole, and if his agent will talk to the landlord about his crimes that he's done 15 1/2 years for (murder & robbery) Since its a violent crime will the parole agent inform the landlord?? Or is it confidential?? I just signed for an apartment in Illinois, I live in Michigan right now, and never had a parolee to do this with.
I'm seriously stressed thinking about all this and not sure who to ask or what to do and don't want to stress my man cause he's done 15 years and finally getting released...
Please Help!! Will the Parole Agent notify the landlord or want to talk to him to get his ok? Or only talk to me and get my consent? Then if something goes wrong will I be held responsible since I signed for him to live with me?? If anyone can answer my questions or give me some Illinois (Chicago) Parole Info I'd be forever thankful.
Prisoner of Love

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
My man is going to be released from prison is early July in Illinois. I'm stressing really hard right now about his parole, and if his agent will talk to the landlord about his crimes that he's done 15 1/2 years for (murder & robbery) Since its a violent crime will the parole agent inform the landlord?? Or is it confidential?? I just signed for an apartment in Illinois, I live in Michigan right now, and never had a parolee to do this with.
I'm seriously stressed thinking about all this and not sure who to ask or what to do and don't want to stress my man cause he's done 15 years and finally getting released...
Please Help!! Will the Parole Agent notify the landlord or want to talk to him to get his ok? Or only talk to me and get my consent? Then if something goes wrong will I be held responsible since I signed for him to live with me?? If anyone can answer my questions or give me some Illinois (Chicago) Parole Info I'd be forever thankful.

Hi, welcome to IPT .... It would depend on your lease and if you would have to disclose who is going to live there along with you and if they ask if that person is on parole.    As far as just living with you, the parole department would probably have you sign the Host Site Agreement since this is not his home!

Also, you didn't go into detail about his conviction, but you might want to check out the new Murderer and Violent Crimes and Youth Registry that went to effect this year and see if he qualifies.  Here is the frequently asked questions page link:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/cmvo/cmvofaq.cfm?CFID=72002554&CFTOKEN=f9bea54df08b0a12-8E94788F-D865-08D9-811255C00473EE66&jsessionid=ec3057b38be359c9d4ac138614582e57381d

If he does qualify to register for this list, you might have other restrictions he would have to follow in regards to housing.

Good Luck to you, hoping you get it all put in place for him to come home!

Offline bone809

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »
If your lease prohibits felons from residing on the property and your landlord finds out he is there, you both could be evicted and then the parolee will be without a host site which could violate his conditions. It is better not to try and fly one under the radar but instead just be honest. Your landlord and neighbors are probably going to figure it out anyway when they see an agent (or several agents at times) show up at your door on a regular basis. These of course are just suggestions. 

Offline Crowe29

• I Will Love You Till They Take My Heart
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »
How much time does IDOC need to approve a place? We got my sis's apt, the tenant will be vacating on June 24th so anytime after the 25th the po is welcome to stop by. My B gets out July 6th, that gives us about a week or so. Is that enough time for everything to get processed? My B can give them the address tomorrow already to start processing, mentioning that I won't be there till the 25th. We got 5 weeks left to go, I'm more anxious, nervous, and scared than when I was going into labor!  :wc35:

Offline 2407may

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2012, 11:01:05 AM »
hi karma, my son may be coming home an may have to have a ankle monitor. where do we get one an how much does it cost? what to i have to do before he comes home? I'm on ssi an don't have alot of money. please help. we live in Illinois.