• December 18, 2018, 05:32:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Host Site Agreement for Parole  (Read 100313 times)

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
Host Site Agreement for Parole
« on: January 02, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
This is the Host Site Agreement which must be signed for inmates to parole to your location.

Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Surfborg

• I do my own stunts
    • Surfy's Facebook
Re: Host Site Agreement for Parole
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 11:11:04 PM »
Wait a minute.  If I read that form right, there is a place to show that a sex offender parolee will not have unsupervised contact with minor children in the host house hold.  I thought that a SO parolee couldn't go to a place with minor children.  Period.  What am I missing here?
"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:28:37 PM »
OMG........I just cannot believe the list of "rules" the IDOC wants someone to abide by for a parolee to live in your home.......no call waiting, call forwarding, or answering machines ??????? COME ON.....what day and age was this written in ? My phone service comes with all three, so does that mean I will have to NOT have phone service in my home? I use Mediacom, which supplies my cable, phone and internet ......... As for the other stuff, that's not a problem as I don't keep guns or am I in the habit of having drugs in  my home, unless they are prescribed to me. Is there a specified time period they have to live in your home, or can they live in their own place once they are sent home ???? My son and his fiance will be getting their own apt prior to their wedding in Sept. so I hope this isnt a problem for them! " SIGH"
"WICOH'ON OTEHIKE"........Cherokee language, means The Difficult Path

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:54:22 PM »
JDsMom...if you are going to allow a parolee to live with you, you must follow the rules of the IDOC.  If a parolee wishes to move into his own apartment when he gets on his feet then his Parole Officer will undoubtedly approve his change of residence.  The phone restrictions are for those parolees that will be hooked up to a monitoring system...the ankle bracelet.  The parole department's equipment cannot be interferred with...it works by radio signal and the department randomly checks the ankle bracelet through phone signals.  If the calls cannot be delivered because another line is in use, or the calls are dropped by call waiting signals, he'll be reported away from the home without permission.  When my inmate paroled here and was on the monitor I had an additional basic line installed just for his monitor box.  This avoided any hassles with my other two phone lines that have all these features...it's about ten bucks a month.  I signed this same agreement and I didn't find it offensive at all....most of it is just common sense.  And it's easily complied with.  The PO is always respectful when visiting and usually calls in advance.  I don't think it's anything you need to worry about, unless you've got a loaded glock sitting on the kitchen table....LOL

Surf - there are many different types of sex offenses.  Some parolees are allowed to live in homes with children...especially their own children...if the crime didn't involve their own kids.  The provision for the host site agreement could also mean that any children coming to the home as a visitor would not be left alone with the parolee. 

~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Surfborg

• I do my own stunts
    • Surfy's Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »
OK.  I checked it out again and saw the "applicable and not applicable" boxes.  I missed those the first time.

Surfy
"Resistance is ... really fun!"
                                      Ricky of Borg

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »
Thanks Dazzler for the info, I'll have to check to see if Mediacom can even offer just the basic phone, I don't even use the call forwarding, call waiting(i always manage to hang up on the other person anyway lol), and as for voice mail, well most people who call here know when I'm home and when I'm out , and they have my cell number, so hopefully I can get Mediacom to change my service to just basic , at least temporarily while he's here.
 ././/

Offline bab

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »
My son was on an ankle bracelet and they have wireless units that do not interfere with anything and you do not have to have a phone line.  I only had a cell phone at the time.

Offline scotirish

• I Left Prison Behind
    • Thomson Home Emporium
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 11:09:57 PM »
I recently drove a friend to Ina, Illinois to pick up her son after 15 years.  He is 30 now.  He has a SO rap if thats how they're being described now.  His mother secured him a small apartment in the city.  He is on a monitor.  Both his trash dumpsters and his mail box are down the stairs and outside.  He was not allowed to go to either when he first got out.  Nor was he allowed to be with his younger siblings even though his crime had nothing to do with children.  Like Potiphar's wife the drug addicted prostitute he was with screamed rape when her man walked in; the other two juveniles went down with him as well. 

Oh, and as for IDOC, I was reminded of the movie Mississippi Burning as I sat in the car and watched the guards glare with absolute hatred that a white man would drive a black woman to pick up her son. 
Power concedes nothing without a demand.  It never did, and it never will.  Frederick Douglas

http://johnthomson.blogspot.com

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
bab, I guess there are different restrictions and devices throughout the state, can you imagine that? The IDOC is not consistent with anything.  Was this monitor he was on(wireless) in Illinois?

scotirish, you would not think that kind of hatred would still be going on, small minds I guess!
Do not value the "things" you have in your life - value "who" you have in your life....

“Instead of thinking about what you're missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.”

Offline Dazzler

• Editor-in-Chief
  • Administrator
  • Retired News Reporter ~ Prison Reform Advocate
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you referring to someone being a Host?  If so, a host site agreement must be signed between the owner of the home the parolee will live in...and obviously they'd know the person is on parole.  So I'm going to assume you mean a parolee that would be renting an apartment or room from a private owner...and for that answer I'm not sure.  If a lease is required that asks about parole he would have to answer truthfully.  Because parolees are required to sign an agreement with the DOC that the parole department or the IDOC may enter the home, without notice, at any time, it might be hard to hide.  Parole officers sometimes visit frequently shortly after release and usually drive unmarked "state" cars....which are pretty obvious.  If you're talking about a larger apartment complex it would probably not be noticeable.  However, if he's required to fill out an application with a credit check or background check it might turn up.  It's kind of a difficult decision to avoid the subject because I do know that some parolees have been denied residence because of their prison record.  Usually, most landlords do not want to rent to 'sex offenders'.  However, I've known others who have had no problem renting as long as they pay their rent and are employed.  Maybe someone from the Springfield area will know of some places that are friendly.  This is just another example on the lact of help provided to paroling inmates in Illinois.  There are so few services available to those leaving prison.  Parole officers aren't very helpful either. 
~ "I have visited some of the best and the worst prisons and have never seen signs of coddling, but I have seen the terrible results of the boredom and frustration of empty hours and pointless existence." ~ US Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger

~ "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

Offline JDsMom

• RettWilliams Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 12:53:18 AM »
QUESTION:   I heard that a parolee does not have to be on the lease , but he/she does have to report where they are living at all times to their PO...........so I was wondering if that information is correct ????? Our son's fiance is renting her parents home, there is no lease, and her parents fully support JD .......it is a single family home, with no parks, schools, daycare facilities for several blocks .So her parents would need to sign the HOst agreement for him to live there is what I am understanding???? We are his second choice, but he prefers to live in Peoria since we live in such a small rural town 25 miles from Bloomington, and he'll have to rely on his fiance to get to and from work for awhile. Still no letter/calls from anyone about his parole.......64 days and counting......I was told I could call Field Services at Pinkneyville and they would give me any info I needed, as well as confirm I am willing to be a Host.....I'm going to call there tomorrow and find out!
Night all, I'm exhausted, been in the pool all day with my 8 yr old grandson who's visiting for three weeks whewwwwwww I am pooped!
HUGS and PRAYERS,
   Rett .>>

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 05:56:01 AM »
Rett, I think it would have to be her parents OR maybe her, to sign the host site agreement, if she is the one living there? it's their call on this one.  They will have to prepare the house, taking out any contraband(weapons of any kind).  You are right he does not have to be on  the lease and yes, they have to call in a couple times a month and let them know where they are living, where they are working, the names of the people in the house and a few other things, this is all besides the PO coming and visiting them once a month or so.

Also, they say in the host site agreement that a separate phone line is needed, solely dedicated to his anklet, if he is on one, without call waiting or anything, so that it can connect to this anklet whenever they call.  This all depends on the PO that comes out to have them sign this agreement. We were told we could use our normal line, but you must ALWAYS click over  if you have call waiting to be sure who is calling.

If your son has already put in his paperwork for his two choices, then it's just a waiting game. They can come out, depending on when the prison gets his paperwork out, anywhere from 6 months to 2 weeks before his release.  If the prison has already passed on his paperwork to the county Parole Office, then it's them who decides when they will be out.

Good Luck today, hope you get some answers.

Mah   

Offline dancer

• Account Closed
  • Account Retired
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »
I think it would be her name on the host agreement.  The parents are the owner of the property she is renting. She will be the one supporting him.   Unless they live there also?

Offline who_knows_who

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 09:22:49 PM »
I got a call about a month ago from the field services person (i think) asking if i agreed to have M paroled to my house.  I agreed -on the phone - and he received the notice there that it had been approved... I never filled out an agreement, though.  Do I need to contact them to make sure everything is okay??  He isnt scheduled for release until Sept 3rd, but since that is Labor Day we have assumed that he will be out on August 31... 

HELP!! :)

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 10:14:11 PM »
We received a host site agreement in the mail today to fil out and send back and my son has many months yet..

SMD

Offline who_knows_who

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:03 PM »
Guess i will be calling Graham on Monday then... thanks!

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 10:22:54 PM »
who knows.. anytime from now till 2 weeks before he gets out, you will get a call or visit from a PO who will come out for you to sign the host site agreement ....   )(*_  or if they send one to you to sign, at some point a PO will be out to check out your home..

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »
Do they call before they come?
                          SMD

Offline Forevermah

• Technical Goddess
  • Administrator
    • Illinois Prison Talk
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:49 PM »
Yes, they will call to set up an appointment and will go over everything and just look around at the house.  If you have an contraband, get rid of it.

Offline SMD

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 10:35:52 PM »
contraband, get rid of it.  OMG get rid of my stash  *(%$#

None to be found at our house for sure.. Only one big old Rott that will have to be chipped..

SMD