• December 13, 2018, 02:49:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Seg  (Read 297 times)

Offline LynnW

Seg
« on: August 27, 2018, 08:37:07 AM »
Please fill me in on seg. Is someone sent there immediately upon a rule infraction or is it discussed with the inmate and guards first? Is the family notified if an inmate goes into seg?8

Offline trauma4us

Re: Seg
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:49:30 AM »
Many factors play into going to seg:

1. The offense - if fight or assault on CO, probably immediate seg. Most times if the consequence could possibly be seg, they are placed there immediately until hearing with CO/IA
2. Nope, family is not notified - very little is communicated to families about anything.

Best wishes and I hope your LO isn't in seg

Offline LynnW

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:52:00 AM »
Thank you, I hope he isn't either as he has a 6 yr impeccable record! Apparently they want to "talk" to him and he is scared as are we.

Offline trauma4us

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
Best wishes. i know any change is always cause for worry. I'm hoping its nothing....

Offline zachsmom

• Support Staff
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 12:10:58 PM »
If it's a smaller infraction, he will most likely get a ticket and be told what the consequences will be, no phone for a week and so on. Take a deep breath and try not to worry. If he had done something wrong, he would have known immediately.

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 03:53:09 AM »
Most things result in c grade with phone and shopping restrictions before seg unless it is a violent or other serious offence. We just had about 12 guys get put on c grade in hubby's unit for tattoos
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋