• December 13, 2018, 03:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Early Release IRCC  (Read 255 times)

Offline jgvalley

Early Release IRCC
« on: August 19, 2018, 08:12:07 PM »
Is there any information on early release from IRCC? I have not been able to find anything online that gives any indication of law updates/changes or what could happen. If anyone has any information, that would be great!

Offline jgvalley

Re: Early Release IRCC
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
I should probably clarify that I meant "good time" versus just early release. Anyone heard of that occurring at all? Thank you!

Offline Father

• Support Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
My son is incarcerated and he was told that all SSC or good time has been on hold until IDOC puts into place a new automatic system of assigning good time.  This doesn't seem fair an counter to the direction that was given them by the legislature but nothing about IDOC is fair.  So I guess this is he rumor I heard

Offline lvanrs2

• Lvanrs2
  • Support Staff
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 01:55:34 AM »
Below is an email that I got from the John Howard Association when I inquired about this a few months ago:

EDSC: the most current information on discretionary sentence credits (up to six months that can be awarded at discretion of Director—formerly referred to as SSC) we have is as follows:

IDOC administrators have stated that EDSC is “on pause,” meaning that IDOC is not awarding EDSC to anyone at this time and has not been awarding EDSC since the beginning of the year.

IDOC has not yet submitted proposed rule changes for the subpart of DR 107 governing EDSC. This is not why EDSC is on pause though.

IDOC administrators have not declared an exact date or time frame when IDOC will begin awarding EDSC again. Based on what we have heard from them, however, it is likely that EDSC will remain on pause until the end of the calendar year at the earliest.

This is coming from Springfield. Facility level staff have nothing to do with EDSC being on pause and cannot veto decisions made by upper level management of IDOC.

Programming credits are not on pause. Inmates that are eligible to receive credit for successfully completing programming (contract good time) are receiving this credit.
There is no action better at creating insanity in a person than trying to control something you have no control over.

Only do whatever you are willing to pay the consequences for.