• September 23, 2018, 01:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright © 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Rate reduced  (Read 684 times)

Offline holdinitdown

Re: Rate reduced
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »
It is not the result of a lawsuit it is the result of a company merger these prices are set for the remainder of the contract then as always will be reevaluated
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline sarashane

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »
How do you know this? Securus couldnít even tell me anything.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline Soxqueen

• His Queen
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2018, 11:39:34 PM »
Bquinonez youíre right it was too good to be true. My husband told me they took it off that when he called yesterday it didnít  give him the voicemail option. 😞 I at least have one voicemail message from him. And yes the calls are now cheaper itís good and bad.  Good because weíre saving a lot more money and bad because Itís going to be harder for some to get the phone and may cause problems.
Happy Wife Happy Life 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Offline Soxqueen

• His Queen
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 12:03:24 AM »
Youíre right it was too good to be true. My husband told me they took it off that when he called yesterday it didn't  give him the voicemail option. 😞 I at least have one voicemail message from him. And yes the calls are now cheaper itís good and bad.  Good because weíre saving a lot more money and bad because Itís going to be harder for some to get the phone and may cause problems.

Offline Soxqueen

• His Queen
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
Yeah I notice about leaving an inmate a voicemail too. That would be awesome!

Online pt1318

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »
Does anyone know when Securus' current contract runs out?
💙  Strength grows in the moments when you think you can't go on but you keep going anyway.  💙

Offline Sunflwrs

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 03:53:04 PM »
 :wc7: I I have a 360 area code and it's $0.01 a minute for me. I am so excited Yahoo now I can send more money cash so he can get some things that he needs. Today life is good

I just got off the phone with my LO and he mentioned that rates were decreasing today. So when we hung up I checked the call log on my account through securus website and it appears that rates are about $0. 01 per minute. I don't know if this is something special for today or his facility but it's definitely good news for me. I hope it's the same across the board from now on. HAPPY Calling!!!

Offline Skittles58

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 10:15:19 PM »
I have had 3 calls and they were 31 cents for 30 minuets! I know this is too good to last but I sure hope it does. Does anyone know why and if it is only temporary? I feel like they would still make their money with increased phone calls so it would even out. Now if they could do something about the ridiculous high commissary cost. I wish they would let us send them items they need but also know how hard that would be to monitor the items. Happy talking!

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 12:52:16 PM »
I have had 3 calls and they were 31 cents for 30 minuets! I know this is too good to last but I sure hope it does. Does anyone know why and if it is only temporary? I feel like they would still make their money with increased phone calls so it would even out. Now if they could do something about the ridiculous high commissary cost. I wish they would let us send them items they need but also know how hard that would be to monitor the items. Happy talking!

Lets hope it's not temporary but if so they can't make us pay for their mistakes. They can't charge us no more than 7 cents per minute. I was hoping nobody would contact them so that we could benefit from this longer if it is a glitch but i see someone said they contacted the online chat help, smh.  :wc95:

Offline sarashane

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 04:04:36 PM »
Well, pardon me for trying to get us some more nformation.
I had to go to a prison to find a man who treats me right!

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2018, 02:11:06 AM »
there was a news article
How do you know this? Securus couldnít even tell me anything.
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋

Offline verysweet34

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2018, 08:23:56 AM »
 :wc20:
Does anyone know when Securus' current contract runs out?

Now this is a question we all WANT to know

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2018, 05:38:48 PM »
The previous contract was through June 2018. Since Securus is still the provider I'm assuming IDOC renewed the contract. Securus can change the rates at any time as long as they're in compliance with the law which in Illinois they can only charge $0.07/min. maximum. Securus is trying to acquire another smaller company and I think these super low rates are a PR tactic because people and lawmakers are very opposed to Securus and GTL because they're pretty much a racket and they've acquired all of the smaller companies, cornering the market for themselves. I don't see the rates staying this low for long but we're gonna enjoy them as much as possible while we can. The phones are becoming an issue in my inmate's house and it's gotten worse in the past couple of weeks. No fights yet but lots of disagreements and arguments.

Offline willied

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »
From what I have just heard, this is not really a GOOD thing.  You get the same bunch of folks that become phone hogs, and it is harder than ever for some people to make calls.  They get a group together, and constantly make calls, and bully the other inmates by not letting them use the phones.  As usual, the CO are of no real help in this situation.

willied