• October 15, 2018, 04:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Soon to be released  (Read 169 times)

Offline meangene

Soon to be released
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
outdate for my son is July 21, 2018.  My son did not get his 6 months sentence credits, He was removed from Graham and sent to Centralia almost a year ago.  He said he gets nowhere with the counselors there. 

He has not started any programs to help him prepare to be released.   Do they still do PreStart programs?

If he has no parole plan in place, and he said he has not talked to anyone there about any parole plans, where will they send him?

Can they keep him longer than July 21, 2018?

Offline meangene

Re: Soon to be released
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 12:49:00 PM »
Do they release on Saturdays.  the 21st is a Saturday.

Offline meangene

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
I called the counselor at Centralia and NOTHING has been approved.  They said they will try until Thursday to find something and usually they do so within 24 hours of his release.  They do not release on Saturdays and if nothing is available, they may keep him until something is approved.

Does this seem right?  Is there someplace else I can check as he did say the placement office is not at DOC but it seems to be a contracted office?

Offline tkesde1

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
Meangene (my favorite uncle is Meangene) did you call the prison and speak to Field Services? They do not release inmates on the weekends, they cannot keep them over their release date, so anybody set to be released on the weekend is released on the Friday before. The exception to this is if they are violated at the door for some reason and they serve half of their parole time inside and then leave IDOC free and clear and not on parole. The math gets a little messier if they complete less than the half of their parole time inside. Say, 2 years of parole, serves 9 months inside, gives 18 months of credit - so 6 months to serve on parole.

My husband had his first parole class 6 months before his release, another at the 3 month mark and 1 week before went over paperwork with Field Services. He did his initial parole paperwork 1 year before his release.
He's home!

Offline meangene

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 01:50:55 PM »
I called and talked to a counselor.  My son said they do not do anything for him etc. 

My son in Centralia has had little to no help after they took him out of Graham. 
My son who is in Tarlorville has been working on his release for some time now.  He will be paroled in December.  Same IDOC, different prisons, and totally different care given to my two sons.

I am almost afraid they will keep him until he does his parole inside.  He made some enemies locally over the years and although he tried to work at various prisons where he did his time over the years, he had no tickets but frequently lost his jobs for odd reasons. He had to do a lot of time in Seg. while they did their investigations.  He lost personal items, clothes, etc each and every time they moved him.  Even lost prison purchased shoes because they said they were not on an approved list of items he was allowed to have.   The investigations of charges always were unfounded.  Prison staff he worked with frequently came to his defense and said he did nothing until there was a charge filed usually the charge was he was getting too close to a guard or a prison staff person he was working with at the kitchen and later in the hospital.

I just hope and pray the people he made angry here in our county have not reached out to make his time hell on earth... Almost makes me think he will do his parole time inside and he has 2 years parole time listed on this page.

Offline jaf

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Sad story, Meangene.   Sorry to hear it.   
I sure hope he gets something worked out so he can get out.  It would be awful to look forward to that out date for so long and then have to stay in past it.