• December 13, 2018, 03:16:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to ILLINOIS PRISON TALK, www.illinoisprisontalk.org - A Family Support Forum and Information Center for those interacting with the Illinois Department of Corrections. IPT members are comprised of family/friends of inmates, prison reform activists, ex-offenders, prisoner rights advocates and others interested in the well-being of Illinois prisoners. We encourage open discussion but please be tolerant of other's opinions. This website is protected by Copyright 2006-2018. All rights reserved. There are some private forums that require registration, please register.

Author Topic: Phone capability from Tablets  (Read 344 times)

Offline Jgmgirl

Phone capability from Tablets
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:59:10 PM »
Does anyone know if phone calls can be made from the tablets?  My husband says the tablets have that feature, but wonders if IDOC has allowed it to be used that way. He's worried that by putting the kiosk they are not gonna replace one of phones they used to put in the kiosk leaving just one. He's at Pontiac MSU. Will video visits he done on the tablets as well as the kiosk. Thanks :wc38:

Offline tmfreeman

Re: Phone capability from Tablets
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
I think eventually they're supposed to be able to do the video visits from the tablets. I haven't heard that they'll be able to call from them. As far as I know most places barely have the kiosks, a lot don't even have the tablets yet, and quite a few still don't have video visits yet so it's probably going to be a long time before we know what all they can do on them.

Offline Jgmgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:59:23 PM »
Thank you. My husband is antsy. He wants another way of communicating outside of battling for phone time. :wc38:

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »
The messaging is a nice alternative to the phones but the turn around time is ridiculous. He'll send a message in the morning, they don't approve it and send it to me until late in the afternoon and by time I respond they aren't there or are leaving so it doesn't get looked at until the next day and then he gets my response sometime the next afternoon. Hopefully they get software or something like the Feds have. Their turnaround is a couple hours at the most 24/7.

Offline Lu

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 07:36:59 AM »
Is anyone else having problems logging into Securus?   It says they are having technical difficulties.

Offline tmfreeman

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 11:33:59 AM »
Yes since yesterday.

Offline ERwife

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:36:25 PM »
Is anyone else having problems logging into Securus?   It says they are having technical difficulties.

yes, Ive been having problems for several days.  I ended up adding funds on the automated phone system

Offline holdinitdown

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
If you clear your browser history it will usually let you in
Waiting till we can be together again.....💑💘💋